Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend can't make a new character on Gilgamesh, so he rolled up on Siren, so it looks like that's where I'll be headed. haha...

Rolling up a Conjurer to go White Mage. Should be fun. Any tips for leveling?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Friend can't make a new character on Gilgamesh, so he rolled up on Siren, so it looks like that's where I'll be headed. haha...

Leveling as WHM is terrible. Just group if you can/do dungeons, soloing sucks. You can generally make characters on populated servers if you try to make them during off hours. The restrictions are updated like every 8hours or something based on the online population.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

I'm currently on Siren right now, but I am debating going to Gilgamesh because Siren is 90% dead and the remaining 10% is a clique of politically-correct weebs.

Add me to your friends list (Krip Tini) and hit me up if you ever need a DPS for something. I don't usually care what it is, I'll do almost anything because it's better then watching my FC jerk each other off in chat.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
hey guys, just resubbed to mess around again. have a 50 blm/50summoner with a mix of ilvl 60-70 gear. On gilgamesh...is there a way to get an invite to the guild? Name is big bho. im still in isis but i dont think thats it =/ also is there a guide somewhere that details how to get back into things? best classes, best catchup loot path, etc. thanks in advance!

Arcaus_sl

shitlord

Press random dungeon queue, find a level appropriate PQ and just grind it until the dungeon pops. If you play at prime time you should get pops in like 5 minutes or less as a healer. Doing your hunting log is a decent amount of exp as well. The main story is required for some of the quest lines to open up instances so if you get real bored or are playing in off hours hit those. Unfortunately it's hard to queue for dungeons while banging out the main story as anything that sends you to an instance drops you from the queue, even a 30 second story encounter movie
frown.png

Crone

I'm currently on Siren right now, but I am debating going to Gilgamesh because Siren is 90% dead and the remaining 10% is a clique of politically-correct weebs.

Add me to your friends list (Krip Tini) and hit me up if you ever need a DPS for something. I don't usually care what it is, I'll do almost anything because it's better then watching my FC jerk each other off in chat.
Forgot about peak times, and how they limit character creation. My buddy made his guy on Gilgamesh this morning, so I'm back there. Come on over! Highest level I have is a level 16 Archer, but I'm starting a fresh conjurer --> white mage.

Press random dungeon queue, find a level appropriate PQ and just grind it until the dungeon pops. If you play at prime time you should get pops in like 5 minutes or less as a healer. Doing your hunting log is a decent amount of exp as well. The main story is required for some of the quest lines to open up instances so if you get real bored or are playing in off hours hit those. Unfortunately it's hard to queue for dungeons while banging out the main story as anything that sends you to an instance drops you from the queue, even a 30 second story encounter movie
frown.png
Right on! Thanks for the tips! Will get things going probably tonight.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just started over on Gilgamesh the other day as well, in-game name's Witl Wogue

Saban_sl

shitlord
Forgot about peak times, and how they limit character creation. My buddy made his guy on Gilgamesh this morning, so I'm back there. Come on over! Highest level I have is a level 16 Archer, but I'm starting a fresh conjurer --> white mage.

Right on! Thanks for the tips! Will get things going probably tonight.
Keep your main story as up to date as possible since pretty much all, if not all, of the dungeons unlock from the main story quest. Plus mounts and all sorts of other things you need.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
After playing the trial, I've been considering getting the game. I generally like playing support type classes, so I was wondering how the Bard and Scholar fare in this regard. If I go Scholar, am I going to be expected to be a main healer most of the time?

Also, how much does race matter in terms of race/class combos?

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is no support class. Bard would be the closest, but you are mainly a dps that feeds people mana and/or tp occasionally. Your race doesn't matter at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bard and Summoner would be kinda "support", though they're mostly DPS classes with support abilities(note that every DPS class gets support abilities though). Summoner gets a combat rez which makes it maybe more supporty than other classes, though other than that it's almost pure DPS. Bard gets songs, which nerf your DPS and feed mana/tp to other classes or reduce magic resistance which increases your damage a bit and increases your casters a lot.

The game really only has 3 archetypes, tank, healer and DPS. Support is spread between every classes and everyone does a little bit of it but it's not a focus.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bleh, that's one of the problems I've had getting into MMOs lately. Since they're all moving towards the healer/DPS/tank trinity, I find it really hard to find a class that appeals to me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Big problem is the standard group size is 4.
Well even with 5 they probably wouldn't have supports either. They basically decided to go the WoW way for combat so support classes are out. Not many games really do supports anymore, that kinda sucks but that's how it is.

I actually wonder if they'll increase to 5 at some point, probably not this expansion but the next one they're dropping PS3 support so I think they might want to increase group size at the same time. If they keep adding classes, they'll probably want to also. I mean they're adding 3(at least for now) classes this expansion so going to be 13 total, next one would most likely have 3 more, that's a lot of classes for a 4-8man game.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, I suppose if I'm going to have to begrudgingly accept playing a new role if I want to continue playing MMOs, FFXIV is still a good place to experiment, given how painless switching jobs is.

Crone

On Gilgamesh, playing a conjurer bumbling through trying to learn mmo controls on a ps4 controller.

In Grandia currently. Hit me up on Natalia Tear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Came back to play and finally finished the achievement for the Axe of the Luminary.
Haha fuck those achievements. I did get 3000 FATEs robe done though when I leveled my Ninja.

Been playing again, catching up/clearing content. The new crafting shit is so fucking expensive goddamn. I spent 3millions right away to craft the new artisan armor, and I need to spend 3.5millions per crafter now for supra+offhand, so I kinda need to decide on what to do since there's no way I'm getting all of them. Probably gonna go tailor/goldsmith/leather and I'll get alchemist before 2.5 since I'm hoping they get a new type of putty or some shit that actually sells. Alchemy is such garbage in 2.4.