Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm working my way through the post Stormblood questlines. Whats the best way to get a good ilevel weapon at this point? I have the 290 one from my 70 class quest, but im starting to feel the dragc on my DPS and in ilevel by not having it upgraded.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I'm working my way through the post Stormblood questlines. Whats the best way to get a good ilevel weapon at this point? I have the 290 one from my 70 class quest, but im starting to feel the dragc on my DPS and in ilevel by not having it upgraded.
If you can afford a crafted one, that'd be the fastest by far. Second in line would be to do the Centurio Seal hunt bills, both the weekly and daily ones, then you can go for a Lost Allagan one at i330/340 (the upgrade item requires seals as well).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah crafted is definitely the best if you can afford one. Especially since it's upgradeable to 390 with 700mendacity.

Other choices for endgame would be, run Sigmascape V4.0 4times(need to clear all of deltascape and sigmascape first, as well as have 325ilvl to enter), then get 1000 mendacity into mendacity rowena tokens and exchange all that for a ryumaku weapon. You could also do Heaven-on-High(preferably on an alt to get some xp), farm to 100/100 aetherial armor/weapon and convert them 10 at a time until you can buy the weapon from there. That weapon is i365 so a bit better, but also more annoying to farm imo. You could buy an old i350 crafted for cheaper(maybe), but I'd say that's a waste of money.

And then as Dvoraen said, you can get a centurio weapon in the meantime.

There's also the Eureka relic stuff but probably not a good use of your time. That said if you want a more grindy approach, you can get the final Anemos version which is i355 and it's not THAT much time, but it's still several hours of doing FATEs. On the plus side, it glows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fanfest keynote in less than 24hours now, 9AM GMT, which is I believe 4AM EST/1AM PST, so pretty late for the US. Excited about the reveals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Fanfest keynote in less than 24hours now, 9AM GMT, which is I believe 4AM EST/1AM PST, so pretty late for the US. Excited about the reveals.
I can't wait for the fanfest even though we'll probably only have a job reveal and maybe a race reveal. Real soon before the Jap fanfest though. Then the slog til june begins.

Cybsled

In March we get to at least see who SE decides to murder. Seems to be a pre-expansion tradition lol

Nola

Trakanon Raider
In March we get to at least see who SE decides to murder. Seems to be a pre-expansion tradition lol
I hope they murder Drk and rez it better than its current form. It's so inferior as a tank compared to war and pld. I'm hoping since the expansion is about the warrior of darkness or whatever its about they may get some serious love.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I get off at work around 3:30am CST so I'll start watching it at work and finish it when I get home.

Cybsled

I want to level a tank, but I want to see what gets announced at fanfest. Not going to invest in boring leveling and then feel compelled to relevel another class.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
You need a tank as a primary or 2ndary anyway.....seriously...it will save you a lot of time on roulette...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I hope they murder Drk and rez it better than its current form. It's so inferior as a tank compared to war and pld. I'm hoping since the expansion is about the warrior of darkness or whatever its about they may get some serious love.
They said they're reworking DRK, sais that in 4.3 or whatever already, but who knows how it'll end up. I don't think it's THAT bad currently, it's just, if you want the super defensive tank and best offtank due to utility, then it's PLD, and if you want the monster of damage, threat and main tank, then it's WAR, and DRK kinda doesn't fit in either. But I think DRK this expansion is probably still better than PLD last expansion. And honestly, it still doesn't prevent DRK from clearing everything. Hell there was a DRK in world first UWU iirc? They did it just to spite the haters. It does feel kinda shit to play though, with just the one combo chain and the dark arts spam. Shit's not interesting or fun, other than aoe pull urchin spam.

Man I've been fishing all week. It's been years I've been thinking I should catch up on fishing, finally started, shit's an endless fall into the deep pit of RNG. I'm only starting to see the light, I'm 80% done with the ARR big fishes. Still have all of HW and SB but both combined are apparently about the same as ARR so shouldn't be too much of an issue. I don't know what kind of asshole thinks "let's put a fish here that only spawns during a certain weather, and that's not a common weather, and then it only spawns during a 4ingame hour window too(about 10mins), so both combined means it spawns about once per real life day, for 10mins. And then let's make that fish not even that common, and when it bites, it still has a % chance to outright fail, regardless of your stats". And that's how Big Fishing is made.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can someone tell me what this is? It's off-map in Abalathia's Spine and I can't find out what it is via googling. It's the wrong colour and direction to be Azys Lla Just let me know if it's a spoiler if it's something that comes up.

ffxiv_02012019_195011_522.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's the Void Ark, which is linked to the 24man storyline in Heavensward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm suffering from job ADD in this game something terrible.. Just can't decide what I want to play as a main.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm suffering from job ADD in this game something terrible.. Just can't decide what I want to play as a main.

I'm going through the same. It's doubly hard because the entire feel of a job changes like every 10 levels, so unless you level them all you're left wondering if one of the others might just be "the one" with those extra few skills.Everytime I narrow the list down, it just changes a week or so later. Hell, I can't even choose which of the 3 healers I prefer despite all 3 of them being the top leveled jobs. They deserve some credit for keeping them all interesting in some way.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it's THAT bad currently, it's just, if you want the super defensive tank and best offtank due to utility, then it's PLD, and if you want the monster of damage, threat and main tank, then it's WAR, and DRK kinda doesn't fit in either.
And that's my main issue with Drk. There's no reason to pick a drk over a war or pld unless just because you want one. They dont really bring anything to the table other than The Blackest Night and that can be casted only on yourself or one person. It's nothing like the war's Shake it off which can be party wide. Let's not even talk about Living Dead the worst tank cooldown in the game. If you dont get healed to 100% you die within 10 secs. War's Holmgang is way better. Yeah I agree a drk can do any content but imo wars and pld just does it much better. Let's see if we see anything tonight or will have to wait to Match for the Japanese Fanfest.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm going through the same. It's doubly hard because the entire feel of a job changes like every 10 levels, so unless you level them all you're left wondering if one of the others might just be "the one" with those extra few skills.Everytime I narrow the list down, it just changes a week or so later. Hell, I can't even choose which of the 3 healers I prefer despite all 3 of them being the top leveled jobs. They deserve some credit for keeping them all interesting in some way.
Same here with my tank job. My best advice is wait until this weekend. Hopefully they'll announce all the new jobs and we all can go from there.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Tank balance is fantastic in FFXIV and anyone who says otherwise is a 0.1% speedrunner using speedrun strats and cheesing stuff. That said, I always break it down into two categories:

DRK is great at clearing content; its only weak link is Living Dead, which can be overcome by playing smartly in a static but that's a stupid high bar for something that could be a class-defining ability. Even despite Living Dead, DRK is arguably the best tank for prog and won't hurt your farming.

That said, DRK also plays like ass. Compared to how fun Warrior is and how smooth Paladin plays, DRK is just needlessly awkward due to Dark Arts. The trouble is they did a FANTASTIC job with the other two tanks and DRK just doesn't live up to that incredibly high standard.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tank balance is fantastic in FFXIV and anyone who says otherwise is a 0.1% speedrunner using speedrun strats and cheesing stuff. That said, I always break it down into two categories:

DRK is great at clearing content; its only weak link is Living Dead, which can be overcome by playing smartly in a static but that's a stupid high bar for something that could be a class-defining ability. Even despite Living Dead, DRK is arguably the best tank for prog and won't hurt your farming.

That said, DRK also plays like ass. Compared to how fun Warrior is and how smooth Paladin plays, DRK is just needlessly awkward due to Dark Arts. The trouble is they did a FANTASTIC job with the other two tanks and DRK just doesn't live up to that incredibly high standard.
Did you play 2.0 Warrior at all? (Serious question, not meant as criticism.) That was... interesting to deal with as a healer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
That trailer!!! Gunbreaker on July 2nd!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user