Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First time pre-ordering from Amazon, but I just ordered Shadowbringers. Anyone have experience as to when I'll get my pre-order bonus codes to put into Mog Station? Or should I just spend the extra $20 ($40 vs $60) and buy it through the SE Store?

Edit: Looks like I'll get my pre-order bonus code within a couple days. That's cool with me!

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just to point out, ShB should be 40$ everywhere(or less obv). The 60$ one is the digital collector that has a few more things in it, mount minion and whatever the 3rd thing was.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The way to enable flying is so much better than they do it in WoW. No rep gating, just complete the zone's side and main quests and then the zone aether points. You stumble upon the zone aether points for the most part through doing the quests.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The way to enable flying is so much better than they do it in WoW. No rep gating, just complete the zone's side and main quests and then the zone aether points. You stumble upon the zone aether points for the most part through doing the quests.

Also with two person flying mounts you have can a friend drop you off at all the Aether Points in each zone making it a breeze.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's annoying in zones that are split in 2 though like Sea of Clouds in HW and Fringes/Peaks in SB, cause you don't unlock flying until the 2nd part which happens way later, makes gathering a pain in the dick in these zones until you lvl your combat classes. I hope they don't do that split zone shit too much in next expansion.

Also people always complain about the compass and the map being hard to read during new expansions, but imo it's fine. It's a nice way to tie the unlocks to the progress of stuff, although like everything if you don't like the story/lore, it's probably more annoying than just unlocking it by paying some money or whatever. No idea how wow does it nowadays though.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's annoying in zones that are split in 2 though like Sea of Clouds in HW and Fringes/Peaks in SB, cause you don't unlock flying until the 2nd part which happens way later, makes gathering a pain in the dick in these zones until you lvl your combat classes. I hope they don't do that split zone shit too much in next expansion.

Also people always complain about the compass and the map being hard to read during new expansions, but imo it's fine. It's a nice way to tie the unlocks to the progress of stuff, although like everything if you don't like the story/lore, it's probably more annoying than just unlocking it by paying some money or whatever. No idea how wow does it nowadays though.
RE: Bolded

This is why I always finish the MSQ before anything else in an expansion launch: must have flying for gathering.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Man I played the hell out of this over the weekend. My SMN/SCH is now 57, and I am only halfway through the ARR patch MSQs. Probably going to put that class on hold at 60 and get a few others leveled up. Probably all the clothies so I can get that shit out of my bags. Opened up RDM, SAM, and BLU today. First 2 start at 50 with a full set of 115 gear, so that's nice. Kind of pumped for BLU though, I want to find out where all the abilities you can learn are by level so I can go learn them. With no hunting logs I will probably do local quests on that job and fates to make up for the lost xp until I can dungeon up. Looks like AST starts at 30, so if I can get BLU and BLM there I can dump all the earlier stuff in my vault for my retainer to use when she gets to that level.

Cybsled

Wow, all the Goblet plots on Malboro that had been empty for -months- are all completely full now. I bet its people from the RP server prepping for the new data center move.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Zalera is no longer a preferred server, which means new toons won't get the awesome +xp to 60 buff. I have no idea how RAF works in this game, but if you want me to dig that up I can.

Crone

Zalera is no longer a preferred server, which means new toons won't get the awesome +xp to 60 buff. I have no idea how RAF works in this game, but if you want me to dig that up I can.
It sucks having preferred server, and then losing it. I had preferred server and got 4 classes to 50 , while waiting for Stormblood to go on sale. Quit for a bit right around Black Friday, after buying Stormblood, and getting the expansions. Came back a few weeks ago, and man, it's a slog to level everything up. And I noticed, that doing just the MSQ doesn't keep me leveled up enough for the MSQ, or at least the normal levels for the MSQ. Have to grind out side quests and stuff. But maybe that's because I don't do my daily roulettes on my main Bard, and use those for alt leveling. :D

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Few of us I think are still on Zalera playing, maybe some stopped playing or went to another server. I'm usually on everyday rumming duties or grinding eureka. I currently have a 70 Drk, War, Rdm and working on my Pld which is currently level 67. I already grinded out the mats to get his Eureka anemos weapon once he's 70. I'm playing solo most of the time but at the same time having so much fun with this game. Spent the other day working on my housing since I was able to snag a awesome plot with an ocean view in Mists.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It sucks having preferred server, and then losing it. I had preferred server and got 4 classes to 50 , while waiting for Stormblood to go on sale. Quit for a bit right around Black Friday, after buying Stormblood, and getting the expansions. Came back a few weeks ago, and man, it's a slog to level everything up. And I noticed, that doing just the MSQ doesn't keep me leveled up enough for the MSQ, or at least the normal levels for the MSQ. Have to grind out side quests and stuff. But maybe that's because I don't do my daily roulettes on my main Bard, and use those for alt leveling. :D
At this point my SMN is 58 and I haven't even finished the ARR patch quests yet. Just got the first few in 2.4 done today. By the time I get HW opened up I will be over 60. But that's cool too. Doing it this way means I will have 130 gear for all 4 specs waiting for everyone to get to 50. Then again at 60. Will just do my daily roulettes on that and have a class or 2 lined up to go with the HW stuff. Probably RDM.

Poked around on BLU today. Hoooooooly fuckballs is that fun. The battle xp buff they get is really insane. I just walked around getting the first spells learned and was able to get to level 12 without anything else. Sad that they are capped at 50 for now, but it's understandable. Less so that they can't do any roulettes, though, given how many of their spells are dungeon/raid boss only.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
At this point my SMN is 58 and I haven't even finished the ARR patch quests yet. Just got the first few in 2.4 done today. By the time I get HW opened up I will be over 60. But that's cool too. Doing it this way means I will have 130 gear for all 4 specs waiting for everyone to get to 50. Then again at 60. Will just do my daily roulettes on that and have a class or 2 lined up to go with the HW stuff. Probably RDM.

Poked around on BLU today. Hoooooooly fuckballs is that fun. The battle xp buff they get is really insane. I just walked around getting the first spells learned and was able to get to level 12 without anything else. Sad that they are capped at 50 for now, but it's understandable. Less so that they can't do any roulettes, though, given how many of their spells are dungeon/raid boss only.
If you really want to go nuts with BLU, get 1000 Needles, then Ram and Dragon voice ASAP at 38, because you can phone a friend to go nuts with that combo, AEing the L45 plasmoids to death. Bristle'd Dragon Voice combo competes with if not exceeds Flare for potency. At level 38.

I'm hoping they redo some of BLU's combos, because Drill Cannons requiring petrify is basically dead on arrival, plus it removes the petrification which is restricted (by level) to apply in the first place. ;.;

Crone

Hit Level 70 ...let the grind begin!!! Found this reddit post. It's a little out dated but should get me started. Have about 1.3 M gil, so was thinking of buying some gear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
Made it through Eureka, finished my weapon, got all my Elemental +1 gear. Working on BA now, hoping to clear Ozma this weekend. It's not very challenging for anyone who is a competent savage raider, but it's a lot like EQ that the difficulty is in herding 55 cats and everyone else doing their job correct.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users