Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did the Void Ark chain of 24man raids last night. How did I never do the 24man shit for ARR/HW is beyond me. Void Ark was a step up in difficulty from the ARR 24 mans thats for sure but still super fun.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The Return to Ivalice raids are amazing. Doubly so if you're a FFT/FF12 fanboy. They even got the music in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, played for 90 minutes or so today. Went from 12 to 25 on my ACN just doing my hunting log and a duty finder dungeon. Pretty sure I can have 3 or 4 classes at 50 by the time I get through all the MSQ crap to unlock Heavensward. SCH/SMN and WHM should hold me over for clothies, think I might go paladin and monk for the others. PLD because tank, and monk because original FF was my intro to RPG monk/martial artist types that I have loved playing in every game that has them since.

khorum

Murder Apologist
If given a choice between burning out grinding subjobs via dungeon finder/leves/dailies and burning out trudging through the MSQ, I'd say just go for broke and burn out trudging through the MSQ.

At least that way you'd have unlocked the best features of the game in case you come back at a later time. Even the first few hours of Heavensward is a massive improvement over ARR and Stormblood is actually the first content designed AFTER PS3 support was dropped----yeah, as pretty as HW was, it was still hamstrung by the need to chug through the PS3, so no volumetric fog, no grass except in narrow hallway areas and weak backdrops with conspicuously few cloud layers.

Just to put it in perspective, if you restrict yourself to HW, you're paying 15 bucks a month to play content that came out a few months after Warlords of Draenor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If given a choice between burning out grinding subjobs via dungeon finder/leves/dailies and burning out trudging through the MSQ, I'd say just go for broke and burn out trudging through the MSQ.

At least that way you'd have unlocked the best features of the game in case you come back at a later time. Even the first few hours of Heavensward is a massive improvement over ARR and Stormblood is actually the first content designed AFTER PS3 support was dropped----yeah, as pretty as HW was, it was still hamstrung by the need to chug through the PS3, so no volumetric fog, no grass except in narrow hallway areas and weak backdrops with conspicuously few cloud layers.

Just to put it in perspective, if you restrict yourself to HW, you're paying 15 bucks a month to play content that came out a few months after Warlords of Draenor.
Yea, I was himming and hawing all day at work today about what I wanna do. I've got a lot of alt jobs, and I love having Scholar, Warrior, Bard, Dragoon, etc. but fuck I'm still up to the level 55 HW MSQ. I need to just grind like a mad man!!

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did the Void Ark chain of 24man raids last night. How did I never do the 24man shit for ARR/HW is beyond me. Void Ark was a step up in difficulty from the ARR 24 mans thats for sure but still super fun.
The Stormblood ones up the ante even more, particularly Ridorana and Orbonne. Hope you can do basic math!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

My perspective is limited to ARR, since I only did some MSQ shit when HW was out and got all jobs to 15 so I could play everything. Back then that was an actual grind. When ARR came out I got my monk to 50, did the weapon quest and farmed whatever the fuck that one zone was for a few months, then got bored and quit. Came back and paid some chinese slave farmer's debts off for tradeskill mats for another month or two, and quit again. Being able to get to 50 in less than a week is wonderfully refreshing. Other than duty I haven't grouped for shit yet, and I am blowing through it all like nothing doing. All of HW and SB will be new and fresh to me, and I will have at least ACN/SCH/SMN to level cap when the new stuff goes live.

Also, leveling up is like crack cocaine to me. Just saying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Also, leveling up is like crack cocaine to me. Just saying.

Well you're in luck. Once you finish the MSQ you've got another 60 levels to grind in some retro zones where trains and camps and delevelling at death are a thing.

Then, once you've got your class relic, you get to visit an experimental public raid (like there's a confirmation dialog with a disclaimer saying it's brutal content) where if you die--be it to trash or during the boss fights---you can't be rezzed by normal means and will be booted from the instance.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I would often see large packs of bots clipping through the ground, killing mobs, doing fates, and MSQ stuff. There's definitely a significant amount of it going on.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure I abandoned an MSQ quest dungeon today because the tank was a bot. Was pretty terrible.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would often see large packs of bots clipping through the ground, killing mobs, doing fates, and MSQ stuff. There's definitely a significant amount of it going on.
That's too bad. I feel it's something kinda on Square's hands though, if they choose not to ban anyone, ever, other than player reports?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Will skip permadeath raid, but the first one sounds interesting. Got my ACN to 35. Will be at 50 this weekend for sure.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That's too bad. I feel it's something kinda on Square's hands though, if they choose not to ban anyone, ever, other than player reports?

It's impossible to report these ones. They're all standing on top of eachother on a big pile, jumping up out of the ground in rapid fashion, and you can't even make out their names, which are gibberish anyways so good luck reporting them if you can manage to filter one out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You couldn't even use the in-game support system to report most of the hacking bots, that's an entirely separate team and they simply ignore the tickets rather than forwarding over. Not even sure if going through the appropriate browser system would even get their attention since they'd need to be duping money, RMT or something extreme to get action taken.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They ban bots constantly but that doesn't do a whole lot for the generic gold farming bots. Most bots I've seen seem to stop at 50 though, probably because they just buy starter editions then just farm 50 content(mostly early 50 dungeons), it's a lot more expensive to buy expansions. Some people I'm sure use bots for other stuff, like I remember a fair amount of bots in PvP frontlines back when SB released and some were real players, but these you can report specifically to get banned. Generic bots move under the ground and shit so you don't see them too much, other than seeing random mobs just die instantly here and there.

Overall it seems kinda what you'd expect, like wow and other games. Have to generate that gold to sell to people somewhere and it's a pretty big industry, so bots disapearing isn't something that'd happen in basically any mmo, unless the mmo is super dead.