Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Zish

Trakanon Raider
I played quite a bit this weekend (when I wasn't in EQ working on my monk). I got my pugulist to 16, tharmaturgist (spelling?) to 10, and gladiator to 8. Dang fun game honestly.

So, I'm curious about something. Is it intended that you pick a single class and play it up before going back and doing the other classes, or do people do multiple classes at the same time like I am attempting right now?

Once you reach 50, 60, and 70 on a single class, you get 50% bonus EXP to your other classes, for a total of 150% I believe.

Edit: ok nevermind, I was wrong.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You don't need to reach anything. Any class you play that's lower than your highest class gets 100%bonus xp, until the current expansion levels where it becomes 50%(so 60-70, forgot if the cutoff is at 60 or 61 though). If you're 12 and you switch classes to a lvl 1, you'll get 100% bonus xp on it until you're 12 on that. Armory also is one of the few bonuses that apply to potd/hoh, which is why these are fairly garbage on a first character(MSQ skip).

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I got the stuff with poetics but maxed out at 5? Pieces. My avg ilevel is still 210. I think you can upgrade them but it costs poetics? I'm still just trucking on

Yeah, ilvl 210 is super low on a tank. Prioritize upgrading your left-side pieces; these have armor. Right side pieces will get you a lot of hp, but this is secondary.

You could also buy shitty white quality vendor gear that's ilvl 270 or whatever in the Stormblood zones.

At the end of the day the game is undertuned for someone like you, so you'll get away with it especially with competent healers but gear will make a night and day difference in how easily you can pull.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well they're the best wiki, site just looks like shit, maybe that's what you meant. But they have up to date info on almost everything which is great, it's the one I always use, only use the consolegames wiki when I can't find something(and I think their relic pages are better, but both are kinda shit compared to Reddit guides even if they're old).

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I played the beginning of last expac with Kriptini's LGBTQcatperson guild, which was fun, but now I am thinking about taking the free transfer to a low-pop realm on a different data center with friends. Grouping and such is all cross realm right? Would there be a reason for me to regret that move?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I played the beginning of last expac with Kriptini's LGBTQcatperson guild, which was fun, but now I am thinking about taking the free transfer to a low-pop realm on a different data center with friends. Grouping and such is all cross realm right? Would there be a reason for me to regret that move?

It's cross realm for all the realms on one data center. In other words, Aether players are only grouped with other Aether players, Primal with Primal, and Crystal with Crystal.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
You might currently identify as an XIV player but we all know deep down you’re a WoW guy. No amount of MMO replacement therapy will change that.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm deeply regretting my decision when I came back to the game when Stormblood came out to level a whole new fucking character because I wanted to try out Red Mage instead of just taking my max level dragoon one and changing it. Split achievements, split unlocks, split MGP aughgh, what the fuck was I thinking. Now I don't know which damn character I want to use to prep for Shadowbringers.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
whoah the 4.5 zenos fight is no joke as a healer lol, atleast at my shitty ilvl. had to go max effort to get past that shit. Cool storyline but so far i think i liked heavensward better. this one didnt have much resolution at all, and ended kinda abruptly after that last fight. i suppose theyre just setting up for xpac tho

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, the end of Stormblood was disappointing. Nothing gets resolved and the main antagonist of the expansion is still around (well, twice even, the real Zenos and Elidibus in Zenos body).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I just want to get Ysayle and Estinien back together. Started the SB Hildibrand stuff. God damn those quests are awesome.

Got my PLD to 50, so I am able to do all my dailies on any role. Right now I am focused on getting hobo moogle tomestones for a full Odin set and barding. Goind to make an Odin glamour plate the moment I get that done.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I haven't done any content in any of the expansions yet (as I am not high enough level yet to even think about it). I was wondering if there is more voice over work in the expansions? There's a lot of dialogue in the game, and I like the story based game play, but I find myself wishing that more of the main story had voice overs. Does that change in the expansions, or is the majority of the game non-voiced dialogue?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm Pyros car bitch for my group of slackers, I'm regretting the day I got this fucking 4 seat mount now I have to drive these miss daisys from NM to NM while they catch up to me.

I'm not going to start Hydratos until they finish.