Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / XB1 / PC)

Xalara

Golden Squire
If you've played the demo, there's a minor spoiler since it gives context to something that King Regis says to Noctis in the first hour of the game and that's pretty much it.

Namely he tells Noctis's friends to remain at Noctis's side no matter what, so Regis's last act to prevent the future he sees in the trailer is to send Noctis off with his friends instead of alone.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't think that's a spoiler so much as a contextual clue to people that have been following.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you've played the demo, there's a minor spoiler since it gives context to something that King Regis says to Noctis in the first hour of the game and that's pretty much it.

Namely he tells Noctis's friends to remain at Noctis's side no matter what, so Regis's last act to prevent the future he sees in the trailer is to send Noctis off with his friends instead of alone.
Yeah I meant I avoided the rest of the stuff to avoid spoilers(like early game playthrough previews, didn't even bother with the demo and stuff), but figured "eh I'll just watch this one since it's close to release". And that part isn't really a spoiler anyway, I thought it was part of this trailer's concept, the fact it all goes to shit in part because he's alone and everyone knows nothing beats the power of friendship, not even fate and gods(anime stories...).

I'm probably gonna watch Kingsglaive and the other anime now though, from what I understand they're prequel to the story of the game and I figure I might as well watch them now than after I play the game anyway. Well by now I mean before the release, which is still a few weeks away.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Brotherhood, I think it's about Noctis friendship with the other 3 guys. It's anime anime though, not CG, from what I understand.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The first episode of brotherhood is meh but the others are better. It is O.K. Same with Kingsglaive, it's the best Final Fantasy movie they've done but it still has issues.

At least Kingsglaive and Brotherhood give a solid reason for why Noctis and co. are on a road trip during the middle of a war and why Noctis is on the naive side.

That still doesn't excuse Ignis for not knowing who Ardyn Izunia is.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Director of Chrono Trigger put out a teaser. I hope they do an art-style throwback to the FF's of yester-year.

ffteaser.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So is this game Weaboo garbage? I have not been into a JRPG in a long time. The characters always seem too androgynous.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is this game Weaboo garbage? I have not been into a JRPG in a long time. The characters always seem too androgynous.
That's a bit hard to say honestly. The story and characters are anime standards. That doesn't mean it's like anime in its style, it's more made up to western tastes but the tropes are very anime(then again the anime tropes other than the little girl shit tends to be similar to western tropes, and there's no little girl shit in this game). The main cast isn't really androgynous, but looks like a boyband, all wearing black with improbable hair and uncomfortable clothes, but are somehow fairly likable considering.

Honestly hard to say, but if you're not really that interested, I might suggest you wait for when they patch the story and pick up the game on a sale or something. You'd get better value for your money at that point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
Been playing this on PC. It's pretty good so far. Runs great and looks amazing. I'm on Chapter 4 and enjoying it. Hope it doesn't get as bad as people complained.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
it really isn't bad, at least til the last 3 chapters... but I haven't played it sense they have supposedly "reworked" some of the later sections, and with more coming down the pipe it's kinda interesting at the same time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I feel people shit on the game a bit more than deserved. What was frustrating is that the main overall plot had a chance to be pretty good actually, but they just plain failed to execute. The first half of the game is pretty well done, excluding the systemic problems like magic being pointless and summons being both overpowered and random.

Then they just take away all of the freedom you have and put you in a corridor until the end of the game. And completely fail to deliver on the story set up from the first half.

The last chapter was pretty good though, and the characters were pretty likable despite pretty terrible aesthetic design. At least Noctis looks a lot better in the final chapter

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Guys guys.. ff15 was not THAT bad...except for...you know...all this shit...and the fact it took them YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS to finally miscarriage the damn thing out... but you know, its okay...

lol just fucking with you Rit ;-)

all I need to know is...has it surpassed 8 in shittyness? many were close!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got bored during the first half, so that doesn't bode well if the second half is the "bad" part. I really wanted to like it, but just stopped playing after 6 or so hours. This was at release, so I don't know how it is with all the new patches.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't even make it through the tutorial in the PC demo. It seemed like it was trying to be Dark Souls and not Dark Souls at the same time.

Siliconemelons

They need to go back to 4-6 member party that you actually control each one and a variant of the much loved classic ATB system - they have gone action mode for enough games... time to get back to classic, imo good stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They need to go back to 4-6 member party that you actually control each one and a variant of the much loved classic ATB system - they have gone action mode for enough games... time to get back to classic, imo good stuff.

I've got a feeling that FF16 will be a complete knee jerk return to roots, similar to FF9.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Doubt it, FF7 Remake is going full action and by all accounts FF15 was a success. Just don't see Square wanting to go back to turn-based for their big releases.

Siliconemelons

Doubt it, FF7 Remake is going full action and by all accounts FF15 was a success. Just don't see Square wanting to go back to turn-based for their big releases.

Yeah, I think sqweenix is missing the "what the fanbase wants" with the remake- I am sure most want some "Polish" and "refinement" to the battle system but not a overhaul. I feel more want a enhancement of the story and more details etc... but nope- theyza wantuuu a akshion gameuu!!