Fired for an availability change..

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where in retail do you work where no one wants to work during the week but everyone apparently works on weekends?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
College town?

I dunno, this seems like a huge work up over a piddly little shit job, where you were ok with 12 hours/week? Ug move on dude, life is too short.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Where in retail do you work where no one wants to work during the week but everyone apparently works on weekends?
I never said that. I just said that their coverage during the weekday morning-afternoon sucks. Not every single day, mind you, but at least 3 or so times during the week, I was either the only person there, or one of two people there. Mostly, the scheduling is pretty shoddy, like most retail. It's why they want completely open availability. Retail management is completely inept at scheduling. When I was supervisor of the produce department at my last retail job, I did half of the scheduling for my manager, because she, "didn't have time for it".

Hilariously enough, as I was writing this post, I just got a call back from said manager saying, "Hey! This is X from Y! How are you? Blah blah blah pleasantries!", "I just had 3 people give me their 2 weeks this week and I'm going to be hurting for the 4th of July!" "What is your schedule like? I know the whole weekend thing, but can you work from morning until close during the week?". This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've spent enough time in retail to know that she could give me more than 0 hours. They were just trying to bully/pressure me into completely open availability, to make their jobs easier.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I never said that. I just said that their coverage during the weekday morning-afternoon sucks. Not every single day, mind you, but at least 3 or so times during the week, I was either the only person there, or one of two people there. Mostly, the scheduling is pretty shoddy, like most retail. It's why they want completely open availability. Retail management is completely inept at scheduling. When I was supervisor of the produce department at my last retail job, I did half of the scheduling for my manager, because she, "didn't have time for it".

Hilariously enough, as I was writing this post, I just got a call back from said manager saying, "Hey! This is X from Y! How are you? Blah blah blah pleasantries!", "I just had 3 people give me their 2 weeks this week and I'm going to be hurting for the 4th of July!" "What is your schedule like? I know the whole weekend thing, but can you work from morning until close during the week?". This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've spent enough time in retail to know that she could give me more than 0 hours. They were just trying to bully/pressure me into completely open availability, to make their jobs easier.
Correct move - Hey X, go eat a bag of dicks.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Correct move - Hey X, go eat a bag of dicks.
I concur.

And even better, go in as a customer on the 4th of July and browse around just to show that you could have worked but didn't because she's a fucking asshole.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No way. Take the hours and then go in and rub your scrotum on whatever it is you sell in that store. I'm hoping it's children's clothes but that's just me.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heh, sounds like Publix, and I've only seen the customer side of things.

Fun retail tidbit...
After the last seasonal firing Gamestop supposedly let go of nearly 3,500 people. 65% more than normal. Not just "seasonals" but also part-timers who they could write off. Third key holders were lowered to 25 hours a week, from 40 too. All so they could lower their own internal costs of obamacare. This information I got from still employed and fired people from within the company. Most went to Bestbuy with a pay raise.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Heh, sounds like Publix, and I've only seen the customer side of things.

Fun retail tidbit...
After the last seasonal firing Gamestop supposedly let go of nearly 3,500 people. 65% more than normal. Not just "seasonals" but also part-timers who they could write off. Third key holders were lowered to 25 hours a week, from 40 too. All so they could lower their own internal costs of obamacare. This information I got from still employed and fired people from within the company. Most went to Bestbuy with a pay raise.
best buy isnt much better sadly, got 5 friends who work there, from sales reps, managers and 1 of them travels to bestbuys around CT and fixes random shit that they break, i was going to apply there and they told me dont bother were going out of business within the next 5-10 years.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, why the fuck would you go to worst buy? That ship has sailed too, and it ain't coming back.