Fires of Heaven - The good, the bad, and the whatever else.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
///Story Time!!!///

Was in a guild in early Classic EQ - Veeshan, named Shining Force. Mostly known for having druids that would kite fucking everything in fear and have it mostly cleared of trash 24/7. Lots of Hate on the guild, but I didnt give a rats ass cause i was already full indicolite. PoH wasnt out, much less do I remember us knowing about it at the time. I guess this was all before resists started to play a big role? I dont know how they did it. I just know something was changed and they couldnt do it anymore.

An enchanter joined the guild cause we needed more than one something fierce like. Guild leader starts flirting with her, and shes getting loot before seniority in the guild. We all knew what was going on, thought he was dumb for sporting a mangina and ignored it for the most part. Next thing we know, there is a picture of him and this good looking chick on the forums up in New York City. We were all surprised it was a chick, much less a hot one.

Shit goes on for a while and we thought they were just going to have one of those "EQ Marriages" and be corny. A raid popped up and we needed an enchanter - so we ask the GL to call her and get her online. He says he hadnt seen or talked to her for the last few days. Not even a week passes and now the Guild Leader is missing. People are slowly deguilding cause really, he was the one running the show. Turns out, this enchanter chick had a husband and found out about the two of them somehow and stalks our enchanter to our GL's place. He hadnt been online because the enchanters husband had beat the piss out of our Guild Leader. By the time he had come back, there wasnt even a guild. But thats about the most extreme drama Ive seen that actually had proof that all that shit happened.

xelene_sl

shitlord
I was a Shaman in EQ and tanked a lot with slow, dots and the dogdot, skipped out for a while and in Velious/Luclin to play a monk for a bit. Around that time they launched Kane Bayle I think, and I respun as a SK and learnt about how snare mechanics worked with Feign, mostly in SolA/B solo. A whole bunch of us then moved to Venril Sathir, just around the time PoP launched and started from scratch. That time, I picked a Bard and it was a gigantic pain in the hand, but also was godlike. Once you had Highsun, the AA to recover mana, fading memories, knowledge of pathing and how mobs memwiped when they pathed back to their spawn it was trivial. Single pulling anything became trivial, and far quicker than the monks could do it - and far more reliable than the SK's could. Invariably would get splatted in one round once the boss was at the team and rampaged on the Bard. Vindi was actually a harder single pull, as you couldn't snare him or his guards and had to do tricks with pathing and walls to do it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My first character in EQ was a female half-elf. After a few days of being referred to as "darling", "sweetie", etc I changed to a male gnome Necro. F'ing virgins.
I had a similar experience the first and only time I made a female character. It was a high elf enchanter and I couldn't believe how many people had talked to me and/or tried to help me before I even got out of the newbie zone. It was sort of cool in a way but it felt really dishonest to me so I rerolled as a DE male. That said though, I never had a problem with dudes who played female characters if they were honest about it, but the ones (and there were a surprising number of them) who really tried to make everyone believe that they were honest to goodness women in real life I found very strange.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a similar experience the first and only time I made a female character. It was a high elf enchanter and I couldn't believe how many people had talked to me and/or tried to help me before I even got out of the newbie zone. It was sort of cool in a way but it felt really dishonest to me so I rerolled as a DE male. That said though, I never had a problem with dudes who played female characters if they were honest about it, but the ones (and there were a surprising number of them) who really tried to make everyone believe that they were honest to goodness women in real life I found very strange.
What confused me was the ones everyone knew was a dude, yet would still "act female" usually as a sort of den mother type.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Valhall were always a class act, though. Great guys to XP with, for sure. The CoE hate on that old poll is mostly due to Leyor's love of stirring up drama, which I did not fully appreciate until I was in his guild for the last six months of my EQ tenure. We used to have a lot of JPN#1 guilds on Veeshan, but I think the bulk of them migrated. Ted Club was the best guild name ever and I remember XPing with some of them and trying to explain to them why everyone thought their name was so damn hilarious.

Anyhow, from the outside looking in, the best FOH drama by far were the various attempts made by CT to catch up to them during Velious. There were a lot of guilds kind of in the same general area of progression at that point, with FOH pretty much beelining straight for NTOV ahead of everyone else, so there was a lot of drama at that point.
You should know the first rule of Ted Club!

Fun fact, it was actually Legion who entered ToV first, and scored the first BPs, but that just served to light a fire under FoH's assess since they were there in force the next day!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Ted crub! They landed on Saryrn though I don't remember them doing much. They may have had some contributing members to saryrns team Japan though I mostly remember Divine Winds being the main guild. They used to chat in say and it literally looked like they were just mashing the keyboard. I'm assuming it was because I didn't have language packs or something but was funny none the less. Burning Snow was another oddly named guild on saryrn.

A little late, but regarding skill and EQ.

Try being on a PVP server and getting the worlds first PK guild dragon kill. We had to fight a dragon on one front while killing all the anti-guilds trying to stop us.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My guild had a get together at my GUild leaders house. One of the married couples in my guild showed up. My GL ended up banging the mages wife. When he found out he went to the guild forum and lost his shit but not in a RL kind of way. More like in I'm leaving the guild and this is why kind of way... Good times!

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Good thing it was just a mage. I bet the GL never would have banged a cleric or main tank's wife.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My guild had a get together at my GUild leaders house. One of the married couples in my guild showed up. My GL ended up banging the mages wife. When he found out he went to the guild forum and lost his shit but not in a RL kind of way. More like in I'm leaving the guild and this is why kind of way... Good times!
So did he bang her in front of the rest of the guild at the get together or was it more like a later on down the road kind of thing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So did he bang her in front of the rest of the guild at the get together or was it more like a later on down the road kind of thing.
It happen at that party. Not in front of people tho. I can't remember how the husband found out. Think she told him the next day or some shit. They all stayed over night. I just remember him posting about leaving the guild then my GL posting some shit like be made the decision to fuck her and he doesn't regret it lol. Wish I had access to those old forums.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I still have my old guild forums and once in a while I go back and read some of the drama and think "God damn being a guild leader sucks".

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have my old guild forums and once in a while I go back and read some of the drama and think "God damn being a guild leader sucks".
People would PayPal ours money so he could pay his cable bill. Lol the shit that went on back then

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's some audacious shit. Cheating on your husband while he sleeps like one room over.

So what kind of loot did she get out of it?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha none. That was pretty much the downfall of the guild. Lots of people left and I was already in wow so didn't care.