Fires of Heaven - The good, the bad, and the whatever else.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
If FD failed you'd still be on aggro and thus rampage.

Also, I never had a delayed FD fail message; I did, however, get my FD broken by spells many a times.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I always got the "Soygen has fallen to the ground" message when it failed. I always thought that was a stupid fail message since falling to the ground was kind of the point.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Paladins with the divine aura hammer from Grieg's End, ramp bitches for the rest of their lives.

PS: He has an even rarer drop - the two halves of the recipe to seru bane. A dev leaked it because nobody would have ever found that shit otherwise.

xelene_sl

shitlord
That thing about not being a valid target, then getting back onto the rampage list sounds about right - honestly don't remember anymore.

According to wikipedia, Planes of Power was 12 years ago.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best exploit in early EQ: if you pressed left-and-forward or right-and-forward at the same time, you ran faster than if you just pressed forward only. Newbie physics programming errors ftw.
tongue.png
Meh, I preferred abusing necro pets with fd. Get tons of xp in Lguk while you sleep as your pet murders everything that agro'd on it was all sorts of fun. It was subtle enough where it was technically an exploit in those days but you never ever got caught. I also wonder how many remember that both necros and shamans had charm at one point.

There were far worse ones like getting the entire kedge zone stuck on a certain point where they'd bug out and you could get to level 50 in a matter of hours by repeating this.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going back to the whole mangina discussion, anyone who played on The Nameless remember a human female monk named Jemaia? Me being the anti-social little teenager that I was I never really made in-game friends. She was probably the closest I got. No cybering or nothin, although I did give her my account info when I took a long break and when I came back both my bard (Teuvan) and cleric (Aeler) had their epics, which was pretty sweet since I had no hope of getting them myself. Apparently the cleric was being used as a rez bitch cuz when I logged him in, he was sitting in some corner of Vex Thal. I think Jemaia ended up in Legacy of Steel, but we met way before, maybe when we were in Sanctuary. Anyhow I'm just curious if anyone knew her personally.

And god damn EQ was a long time ago. Fifteen years, half my god damn life lol

Oh Genjiro weren't you in LoS? I vaguely remember you and another monk (Cybsled?) being fellow Nameless-ians, although I recognize you more from posting on FoH than anything in game since I was never in the big leagues.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea that was me, I don't know Jamaia though. A bunch of us founding LoS players took off after Velious and headed to Sullon Zek when it opened so maybe they came after then idk. Nameless had a shitload of manginas.

One of our paladins, Sinah, never said anything in game pretty much. We leveled for a month or so from the server opening with her? till 50 and then one day Tenaj says something like "I bet shes hot" and Sinah says, "Im holding my balls right now". We all laughed our asses off. Rob Pardo was the weirdest one, dude played a wood elf named Ariel and even used the fucking Little Mermaid avatar.....it was weird to say the least.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Did any of you guys play on Tunare? I didn't, but sort of randomly became pretty good friends with a guy up here in Minneapolis that lead Talisman at one point. He played a monk named Southern. One of those small world moments where he and I randomly started talking about video games one night.

I spent most of my time in Morell Thule in a guild I can't even remember the name of. One that popped up right after In Virtue left the server.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We had a few players in LoS who came from there I think. Saldor, Lofwyr, Nizzarr to name a few...was the defacto French server I think? Or maybe it was Rodcet Nife server they came from its been 15 years and my old man memory is not so good....I know they were from Quebec and rl friends.

Anyways, Saldor was the best EQ player I ever played with, easily the best enchanter on Nameless, on SZ his bard would solo groups of people with ease. He was never a shit talker though and a super nice guy....but his bad English made him even more epic. I truly miss playing games with him
frown.png

He is the one who found out how to abuse the shit out of charm (Dictate)and discovered the Frozen Jesus while we were exping there and farming some orb things for Ntov, for those who remember that piece of EQ history. The things he would do on an enchanter were incredible and I never felt like anything could go bad with Sald in the group.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
We had a few players in LoS who came from there I think. Saldor, Lofwyr, Nizzarr to name a few...was the defacto French server I think?
Karana was the so-called "french" server. Tunare had a sizeable general euro component, plus the inevitable Asians.

(Tunarean here, old man of Tide, the main euro-guild. I still remember the rivalries with Talisman and Stars)

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I knew it was one of the nature-y ones lol. I think it was Rodcet Nife anyways, which makes me triple wrong

Welp, Im old so get off my lawn.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of manginas, friend of mine played a dark elf DK named Triel on Veeshan. He was the first guy I met who played a female avatar in a mmo. I remember there was a FoH woodelf rogue named Azian. This guy had a thing for Triel and he use to give him gear all the time like rubicite BPs ect. The whole time poor little Azian never realized Triel was a guy cause Triel barely chatted in game.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Paladins with the divine aura hammer from Grieg's End, ramp bitches for the rest of their lives.

PS: He has an even rarer drop - the two halves of the recipe to seru bane. A dev leaked it because nobody would have ever found that shit otherwise.
wow, this brings up memories, we actually deguilded a paladin due to him being an asstard. i think Furor whispered to Koryo about that grieg's end mob with the recipe. so every day, koryo and a few other core members went dark(went anon and didnt tell anyone where we were headed or even talked about in GC we were doing anything at all), and headed to GE to kill that mob, after a bit we started running out of paladins to hand that hammer to, we finally let our newest pally in on our secret and had him tag along and swore him to fucking secrecy about shit we were doing. dude loots his hammer, is all happy and swears on a stack of bibles that he wont tell anyone. and to prove how good his word was, that day he was on the paladin board bragging about the sweet hammer he just discovered. of course shit hit the fan and soon Flobnob(yes that was really his name) that paladin and his little hammer were without a guild. we took our sekrit inf0z very seriously.

as to rampage, i think it was like a list written in stone, once you got on that list you never left until that mob was dead. you could die during the fight and be rezzed back in. if you were too close to the mob you would get ramped again and die while looting your corpse.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm assuming you were in Ruin on SZ- who were you?
Iksar monk, Kagetora.

SZ was such a blast, far more fun than pve servers. Raiding vs other players trying to fd/selos train mobs on you or show up with 3 guilds was like playing on -hardmode. Telling other players where to kill Samdaman and his gang of retards on /follow was always fun.

Too bad showeq really ruined things down the line.