First EverQuest, 3 screenshots

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Early VT also had crazy abilities like trash that chain blinded and all sorts of nonsense. It was still relatively easy though. We downed AHR after only a couple attempts. VT was basically a loot piñata zone with piles of pain in the dick trash between mobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The final key didn't drop and they claimed everything was done and working fine.

We, of course, knew this was complete horseshit and the zone hadn't even been populated yet.

Hey, remember when The Cursed had both deathtouch abilities? I forget the exact timers - 60s and 20s? Fun. Also impossible.

Oh oh.. and remember farming up Seru bane, only to find out that it was impossible to survive in melee range? Pepperidge farm etc

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We (Darkwind) had worldwide first HP Ssra before she was rooted in place. So much was changed on the fly at the bleeding edge in that xpac. It was really the first glaring obvious xpac that SoE started pushing release dates before completion of zones. It only got worse in PoP and then GoD was so bad it killed EQ as everyone knew it.

Cybsled

All I remember about Seru is we were the only guild on Cazic Thule that could kill him (we used some LOS pillar cheese if memory serves) and he dropped shoulders that finally let me replace the shitty Trakkanon shoulders my monk had been wearing for years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
GoD definitely destoyed EQ for alot of us, i quit because of it. PoP....definitely had an epic feeling to it that made everything worth it (granted i didn't have the PoE fustration the very best did). To this day my favorite expansation of any MMO and some of the most fun i have ever had especially as a guild/raid leader.

I came back for another stint when OoW came out and i actually liked alot of it and Anguish was a decent change up as well as epic 2.0 which i always was a fan of being a die hard hater of the causual we all get the same shit crapfeast that was WoW. Didn't bid on an item for ever and then went banna's on Anguish (or dkp system was bad and basically let people who were at the top really stay at top with a werid mechanism that made people have to pay an extra 50% of bid to take from top guy). I enjoyed DoN to an extent as well and finally hung it up when we were trying to push through Depths. Made one final come back in SoD briefly and fucked around with MQ2 (first time ever) and was true boxing 5 people across 2 computers but got caught warping and lost my raid SK and said fuck it and sold my accounts for about 1500 bucks and thus ended the EQ life ~

Must make the required "Vanguard" was everything EQ was missing minus the game itself not working :) God would I would gladly shell out $1,000 for a remake of VG

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Koryo our GL pulled that negro Seru out of his hidey hole and we fucked his shit up outside away from his healers. he was tarded easy that way.
LE1iFPW.png

he dropped some nifty ring
8u89F4N.png

when we did emp ssra the first time
he had some kind of death touch which wasnt even a Emp ssra says, CHUKZOMBI, but Emp Ssra says. " " . that usually meant the MT was dead and time for another to jump in before he ate the clerics. we pushed him into that little corner while we had SKs and Pallies offtanking his posse.
gikxQiB.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IIRC, everyone pulled Seru out and in one corner. It was easier to keep the healer pops dead in that smaller area vs random adds from all over. We also didn't bother with bane weaps. We dual tanked myself and another war using proc weaps (BoC + SoD) to hold aggro. Dual tanks to keep aggro during the long single target stun ability he had.

EQ000204.jpg

Emp was standard to corner tank too while the knights handled the rest of the shit in the room.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
IIRC, everyone pulled Seru out and in one corner. It was easier to keep the healer pops dead in that smaller area vs random adds from all over. We also didn't bother with bane weaps. We dual tanked myself and another war using proc weaps (BoC + SoD) to hold aggro. Dual tanks to keep aggro during the long single target stun ability he had.

View attachment 152924

Emp was standard to corner tank too while the knights handled the rest of the shit in the room.
i meant he was outside that room. once, before they leashed him and emp, we had him brought over to the zone in and we beat his ass right there.

Ya, we didn't use bane weapons either, just procs and monk fists.

pretty sure we did have bane weapons (not 100% on this @Bralan ?) but even with them. they still didnt do much. as always, wizards win the day.

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Our first successful Seru fight was a nightmare. We had bane weapons for 3 tanks. We fought him in his sanctum for hours using mod rods to keep healers up with mages AOE raining and wizards nuking.

We parsed out the healers had chealed him for something like (I want to say) 2 million damage during our fight.

Mod Rods were nerfed the following week.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Remember when mod rods could kill? I remember a player that put them onto level 1 npcs outside Freeport/etc, then noobs would loot the rod and use it and die ;p

• 2Like
  • 1Trump

nawcor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Remember when mod rods could kill? I remember a player that put them onto level 1 npcs outside Freeport/etc, then noobs would loot the rod and use it and die ;p

I remember when I first started playing, people use to sit and beg at the nro wiz port and my friend who was showing me the game handed a whole bunch of them out and watched them all kill over. lol

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I read the title as "First EverQuest 3 Screenshots" and saw pictures of EQ1 from 1999-2001.

Very fucking disappointed.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Yeah, I did that Cyb. I also summoned bane weapons and gave them to orcs and skeletons outside freeport. They would proc on players and one-shot them too. If i remember right, there were also items that had -hp on them, like a bp or something and people either gave them to new players or put them on npc's and they'd think "sweet, new BP!" put it on, and drop dead because the -hp was more than what they had.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man

View attachment 152924

cool, I'm internet famous, I'm on that screenshot! Think it was that xpac as an officer that finally stole what little joy I had left in EQ ;p

• 2Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The final key didn't drop and they claimed everything was done and working fine.

We, of course, knew this was complete horseshit and the zone hadn't even been populated yet.

Hey, remember when The Cursed had both deathtouch abilities? I forget the exact timers - 60s and 20s? Fun. Also impossible.

Oh oh.. and remember farming up Seru bane, only to find out that it was impossible to survive in melee range? Pepperidge farm etc

The good old ME cockblock.

Brought to you by Cloth Caps.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Bill Trost
And that level in the video is the first level I built for EQ that we did a bunch of deathmatching in.. circa maybe Sept of '96? That sound right,

Brad McQuaid
Then it's a WarWizard 2 image/sprite file that we used temporarily in early EQ that eventually was replaced (IIRC)

Bill Trost
Yep. that is art Kevin Burns and I did for WW2.

25508080_10213176123134483_5014928576817056550_n.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users