First EverQuest, 3 screenshots

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some of the epics took a lot longer than others to figure out. Everything now is day 1 spoiled.
I got the mage epic in the same time frame a majority of other people were first completing the epics. There would have been zero way I would ever have been able to accomplish that during the relevant time period without allakhazam, evermore, eqatlas, and the mage tower website. I do remember it taking months and months of relevant information to be released so that the progression could continue

Having said all that, there is no way in remote hell I would do It again in this day and time. Sitting at a spawn point for sometimes up to 12 to 16 hrs is nothing I would ever do again. It certainly wasn't immersive game play, as all I'd do is turn the Playstation on the other TV while waiting.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Epics were ezpz what's everybody complaining aboot?
--Rogue

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
In the spirit of this threads origins I think we should refer to them by their original name, FA Quests.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking I have two images left so going to throw out this one.

1880_41122033325_894_n.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Thinking I have two images left so going to throw out this one.

View attachment 310015
This is one of my favorite encounters for so many reasons. It was different than most other fights, Emperor was a beast and that 4K DD was such a pain. The room was so cool to go inside and see for the first time. It took SO MUCH work to get a guild fully keyed for that encounter, and it felt awesome to finally get to to go inside and beat Emp.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Went through a pile of old burned CDs since disc drives are becoming a thing of the past and found some old screenshots.

EQ000000.jpg

EQ000060.jpg

BBham.jpg

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This is one of my favorite encounters for so many reasons. It was different than most other fights, Emperor was a beast and that 4K DD was such a pain. The room was so cool to go inside and see for the first time. It took SO MUCH work to get a guild fully keyed for that encounter, and it felt awesome to finally get to to go inside and beat Emp.
I remember the massive raids down in the basement tunnels to pull and aoe to get nameds for the Shissarbane metal components. Tide-Tunare was among the first guilds to guess how that stuff worked, I think, so none of the competing Asian and US guild had a clue about what we were doing there.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
To think this is a board helmed by Brad haters. A ray of hope.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never hated him. The guy was flawed like most of us but he gave me some of the best gaming memories of my life so far.

The crushing disappointment in Vanguard was very real though.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

I was so happy that as a monk I didn’t need shissar bane (monk epic was shissar bane if I recall, but you used to snap aggro so fucking fast if you went all out)

I got fucked out of server first monk epic because my ISP had an outage for 3 days ;/

And that's those first couple years for ya. I distinctly remember, if we had a group going, and we were grinding, it was a worth a round of "woots!" at the end of the night, if we didn't lose someone to a LD or lag attack.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was so happy that as a monk I didn’t need shissar bane (monk epic was shissar bane if I recall, but you used to snap aggro so fucking fast if you went all out)
You must be thinking of SK's Greenmist (not THE epic, but AN epic Iksar Kunark quest), which had Shissar bane. Monk epic was a glove slot item that made your fists a better ratio (invisibly). It also had clicky haste/attack.

Cybsled

Monk epic also modified your bare fists. If you had no weapon equipped, then it modified your bare fist attacks and also gave them special attributes. This modifier didn’t work if you had weapons. I’m almost positive that they functioned as bane modifiers, because I remember the monks and SKs being glad we didn’t have to do basement farm.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Iksar armor-set/epic class-item quests are some of the best quests in EQ. Super uneven in usefulness of their end-item, but great fun to figure out, and made the race feel like something special.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Witless

Trakanon Raider
I remember the massive raids down in the basement tunnels to pull and aoe to get nameds for the Shissarbane metal components. Tide-Tunare was among the first guilds to guess how that stuff worked, I think, so none of the competing Asian and US guild had a clue about what we were doing there.
Tide was the EU guild, yes? Stars was the Zerg Asian guild. And Talisman/Vae Inimicus were the two US guilds fighting for server firsts on Tunare.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Monk epic also modified your bare fists. If you had no weapon equipped, then it modified your bare fist attacks and also gave them special attributes. This modifier didn’t work if you had weapons. I’m almost positive that they functioned as bane modifiers, because I remember the monks and SKs being glad we didn’t have to do basement farm.

It changed the ratio of bare fists. There were no other hidden effects.

And, I've done this content recently. Every monk got bane weapons. There was no innate bane modifier.

From Monkly business, the well known eq monk site, in 2003:

No talk of epic bane whatsoever.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Well if you did it recently, then i'll go with that. I'm going off a 19 year old memory lol. I just remember us not needing to do much in the way of basement camp. Maybe we only did an off hand or something?

• 1Pathetic