First trip out of the country, help me choose

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If you want beach times and drinks with fruit, go to Aruba.

If you want a bit more adventure, Argentina. I spent a bit of time in Bolivia and Argentina and it's fucking amazing there.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aruba isn’t that exciting. There are plenty of other places you can do a beach vacation + something else.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I won a trip like that to Las Vegas last winter but it was only for 3 nights and only covered the hotel. I wound up not going because I figured going to vegas alone would make everyone think I was just gambling and whoring and also all the gambling and whoring I would have been doing would have cost a lot more than the room.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that rules out my number one on the list (Thailand) because I can't afford the plane ticket

Not sure how much is too much, but have you really researched your flight options? Go to an aggregator like Kayak and just do a ton of different searches, different dates, cities, etc. Try to do the +- 3 days search. Don't just search from the nearest airport to you, search from international hubs (Las Vegas, JFK, etc), then check the cheapest way to get to the hub. Same thing with the destination. Flying into Munich may be way cheaper than where ever you'd fly into Austria (just an example, never been to Austria). A lot of Americans don't realize how easy it can be to pop from country to country once you get to Europe. A couple of hours on a high-speed train can do wonders when countries are smaller than our states. Also, once you're abroad, there are usually dirt cheap short-range airlines.

You should also consider, since you're buying the ticket and they're buying the hotel, you might be better off picking the most expensive spot spot to stay. Take your own trip to Thailand, and stay in a hut on the beach for a few dollars per night. Let the company foot the bill for the pricy hotel in Austria, or where ever.

Also, don't go to Sao Paulo. It's not really a tourist city, and its nowhere near the beach.

flight.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I won a trip like that to Las Vegas last winter but it was only for 3 nights and only covered the hotel. I wound up not going because I figured going to vegas alone would make everyone think I was just gambling and whoring and also all the gambling and whoring I would have been doing would have cost a lot more than the room.

Man there is so much badass stuff around Vegas. Mt Charleston, Hoover dam, valley of fire, red rock canyon. You could have done all that and seen some of the dumpy city in three days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ended up picking Cabo.

200 dollar deposit, 450 for flight round trip. Debating getting the all-inclusive add-on for 1000 bucks. My friends says it's worth it but I'm unsure.

Name of the place is Hacienda Encatada hacienda encantada - Google Search

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ended up picking Cabo.

200 dollar deposit, 450 for flight round trip. Debating getting the all-inclusive add-on for 1000 bucks. My friends says it's worth it but I'm unsure.

Name of the place is Hacienda Encatada hacienda encantada - Google Search

All inclusive is generally pretty nice. For 1000 bucks you get all the booze and food you want for the entire time.