FOH GOTY 2016

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Xcom 2
Total Warhammer
WoW: Legion

Hmm guess I did not play that many new games that I really liked in 2016. Did catch up on some older stuff though.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Guess ill pick the only games which came out this year and I played more than 1 hr of:
ROTTR
XCOM2
Tyranny
Legion

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1) Overwatch by a country mile
2) Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds
3) Legion
4) Stardew
5) Rimworld

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Can I just put DOOM on the list 5 times? I was playing again the other day to see if I actually loved the shit out of it or if it was just cause it was new and refreshing. Nope, still love the shit out of it

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
1. Factorio
2. Overwatch

I rarely buy games the same year they're released :(

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can I just put DOOM on the list 5 times? I was playing again the other day to see if I actually loved the shit out of it or if it was just cause it was new and refreshing. Nope, still love the shit out of it

I couldn't get enough of it either. Played through it twice and probably will again in a few weeks. It's just flat out FUN fucking up demons and rocking out to metal.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The fact that doom rewards you with health and bonuses for constantly moving forward and killing every son of a bitch in your path vs falling back and letting your shield recharge behind a barrier plays a huge part of it for me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The fact that doom rewards you with health and bonuses for constantly moving forward and killing every son of a bitch in your path vs falling back and letting your shield recharge behind a barrier plays a huge part of it for me.

In that same vein. If you didn't play Space Marine from like 2011 it had a similar mechanic. It was also a ton of fun! Especially if you're a 40k whore like me.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
1. Uncharted 4
2. Titanfall 2
3. WoW: Legion
4. No Mans Sky
5. Doom

• 1Like

Cybsled

Why the fuck do people keep listing Fallout 4? I love the game but it came out last year lol

GOTY I would pick Overwatch.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
  1. BF1
  2. Civ 6 (Pretty much only play it MP)
  3. Doom
  4. Overwatch
  5. Killing Floor 2

Haven't gotten far or around to many other games yet like.....Tomb raider, Dark souls 3, Xcom 2, Stardew Valley, Deus Ex, and others in my backlog. Wow a lot of FPS for me this year.....

Last edited:

Ladro

Anomaly
  1. Uncharted 4 was GOTY for me, maybe even generation; TLOU2 might beat it.
  2. WoW: Legion
  3. Rise of Tomb Raider
  4. Overwatch

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
1. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - because I have waited 15 fucking years for Commandos 2 to have a proper sequel (Comm 3 does not qualify)
2. WoW: Legion - made me resub after almost 2 year break
3. Civ 6 - worthy for a AAA title, still needs some kinks to be worked out

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Legion, BF1, uhhh I guess OW can have an honorable mention for being polished even though I think it has nowhere near the gameplay depth of true mp fps classics like CS, TFC, UT2K4, SS:Tribes, etc.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Been a good year for PC Gamers tbh. Mine are:

1. Stellaris
2. XCom 2
3. WoW: Legion

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1. Uncharted 4
2. Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine
3. Fallout 4 - Nuka world
4. Doom
5. Titanfall 2

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Legion - Best MMO Expansion since Kunark in my eyes.
2. Warhammer Quest - Mostly for the memories of years ago.
3. Telltale Games - Batman, Minecraft, Michonne, all solid, love me some Telltale
4. Overwatch - I hate FPS and I still enjoyed it.
5. Paragon - It's a good Smite rip off. I like some of the new mechanics they added to the genre.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Witcher 3 Blood & Wine
Path of Exile Atlas of Worlds
Dota 2 6.88

That's about it as far as games I played this year go. Shadow Warrior 2 wasn't bad, just kind of mediocre. WoW:Legion is good, but it's still the same old WoW caked with numerous coats of paint.

• 1Like