FOH Shower Thoughts

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That saying you see your life flash before your eyes before you die, well what if I’m dying and experiencing a lifetime in those few microseconds of remaining consciousness. How would I really know? Shit has gone absolutely crazy, so maybe that’s my brain dying and affecting the memories used in the flash experience. Berenstain bears? Clearly I’m dying.

Maybe we are all experiencing our lives flashing before our eyes, including our life flashing before our eyes at the end, where we again see our life flashing before our eyes...

I think I might have just solved the nature of reality.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know what I was thinking about particularly, but I was taking a shower and having deep, almost cathartic, thoughts. Turned off the water, and realized I hadn't washed a single part of my body.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
When you sharpen a knife, you get better at sharpening knives, so the knife is also sharpening you.

• 3Blown
  • 2WTF

Brad2770

Maybe memories are stored as waves and recall means the wave is observed. Memories decay due to Quantum decoherence - Wikipedia maybe.

Side note about memories:

I listen to music and podcasts as I do my work. Roughly every 6 weeks, my route repeats, so I go back to the same areas. When I go back to these areas, I can remember what I was listening to while I was there 6 weeks prior. That kind of blows my mind.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW I went looking and there's lots of quantum consciousness stuff out there on youtube and such. Some of it is kind of fringey, but fascinating stuff on microtubish structures in cells and anesthetics and such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Watching the 1981 "Clash of The Titans" and remembered how, when I first saw this in 5th grade, the teacher had a manilla folder to block the tv because of these two parts:

dodgers-drawing-easy-1.png
ClumsyDampArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

And I remembered how all the kids laughed at seeing nudity, and then this realization hit me:

Boys up to age 9: ewwww cooties
Boys 10-12: teehee naked women
Boys 13 and til death: Dat Ass

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Why is Tony Montana told "don't get high of your own supply" in Scarface? I would have thought that would be the safest option. If he followed that rule yet still wanted to get high he would have to source that from rival gangs, opening him up to getting laced coke that could kill him.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is Tony Montana told "don't get high of your own supply" in Scarface? I would have thought that would be the safest option. If he followed that rule yet still wanted to get high he would have to source that from rival gangs, opening him up to getting laced coke that could kill him.

Maybe not all drug dealers are also users. No reason to put your potential profits up your nose.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but then the rule would have simply been "Don't get high." No need for the ending. Having the ending means that the supplier is going to get high, but just that they should not use their own supply.

Also, why am I spending my time worrying about a slogan in a 30 year old movie?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It means that you use something other than what you sell to get high. If you're selling coke and wanna get high, drink alcohol or smoke weed or something. It's a business principal. If you're using your own shit you'll never make money.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In my personal experience, "don't get high off your own supply" means let other people buy your product, then help them with the consumption of it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Hundreds of years from now The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, CSNY, David Bowie etc will be seen in the same light as Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I pretty much already do hate them all equally.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hundreds of years from now The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, CSNY, David Bowie etc will be seen in the same light as Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven.

No, they won't. There were pop musicians in Bach and Mozart's day, too. We don't talk about them any more. More likely it will be people that you've never heard of that they will study in the future. Like Eric Whitacre, György Ligeti, and John Adams.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
No, they won't. There were pop musicians in Bach and Mozart's day, too. We don't talk about them any more. More likely it will be people that you've never heard of that they will study in the future. Like Eric Whitacre, György Ligeti, and John Adams.
Except the "pop" musicians in Bach and Mozart's days did not have world renown fame like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. At the same time they will not be know the same way Mozart is, but they will be known. I me bro, loser can pay up in 2119. :p

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Except the "pop" musicians in Bach and Mozart's days did not have world renown fame like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc. At the same time they will not be know the same way Mozart is, but they will be known. I me bro, loser can pay up in 2119. :p

There is all kinds of documentation about the popular music of their times. No one is interested in duplicating it. There is massive amounts of musicological work being done on current composers. Not coffee table books that talk about popular fame. Because of that work, I'd wager musicians of the future are going to look at the academic work and make vastly different decisions than we might make right now. Keep in mind I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it's just how history has happened for the last many centuries.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
You’re out of your mind. The bands I listed, and some I didn’t, have caused massive global social, political, and musical change. All at the dawn of being able to record and distribute music. These are bands that have met important world leaders, influenced public opinion on wars and important social issues, and inspired every single musician to come after them.

• 2Like