FOH Shower Thoughts

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Other than recognizing it by name as hippy footwear, I don't know what birkenstocks are.
I used to only know them as "hippy sandals" or "Catholic lesbian sandals". Then I knew someone who gave me a pair. And I swear they are the most comfortable things I've ever worn to walk around in. And if you can keep your dog from chewing one up (looking at a certain dog of mine....) a pair can last you a solid 8-10+ years. In the case of the ones I had a dog got to, they were around 6 years old, this was around 6 years ago. I just stitched up the leather and they're still going and my daily wear sandals.

Birkenstock_Arizona_Sandalen_Birko-Flor_Nubuk_Schmal_braun[1920x1920].jpg
This is the exact model I wear. One note is to watch where you buy them. They do make a "lesser tier" that they sell in some places where the upper isn't real leather. But that's the one thing to watch out for. The cork and uppers last so long that some shoe shops will even re-sole them if you wear out the soles.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to only know them as "hippy sandals" or "Catholic lesbian sandals". Then I knew someone who gave me a pair. And I swear they are the most comfortable things I've ever worn to walk around in. And if you can keep your dog from chewing one up (looking at a certain dog of mine....) a pair can last you a solid 8-10+ years. In the case of the ones I had a dog got to, they were around 6 years old, this was around 6 years ago. I just stitched up the leather and they're still going and my daily wear sandals.

This is the exact model I wear. One note is to watch where you buy them. They do make a "lesser tier" that they sell in some places where the upper isn't real leather. But that's the one thing to watch out for. The cork and uppers last so long that some shoe shops will even re-sole them if you wear out the soles.
Yeah, I bought the suede uppers. They make "BirkoBuc" and "Birkoflor" uppers though. They didn't have the oiled leather in my size in stock unfortunately

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The almost-naked saxophone fire song thing scene in The Lost Boys was totally unnecessary. That dude was definitely some director's cousin or nephew or something. This is an underreported conspiracy. Lumi Lumi wormie wormie please confirm

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The almost-naked saxophone fire song thing scene in The Lost Boys was totally unnecessary. That dude was definitely some director's cousin or nephew or something. This is an underreported conspiracy. Lumi Lumi wormie wormie please confirm
It's even weirder.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
A community like this is able to troll every small political party in a small country to death since it is all about online presence.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
There's a song called "you're the reason god made oklahoma". You can tell from the title that's it obviously a slam song along the lines of "you're so vain". But the way they sing it makes it sound almost like a love song. I love songs where a merry melody hides something dark. It's like when a southern woman says 'bless your heart'.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1701136156683.jpeg

The vegan/vegetarian crowd sees something like this and thinks "they're so dumb. They'll keep poisoning themselves to keep their taste buds happy". They're missing the opposing argument though. Mostly, it doesn't really have anything to do with willfully consuming something to your own detriment. It's more about noticing that progressives have shitty fucking ideas constantly and out of the ones they successfully implement, most end up being colossal failures. "Give up meat to save the planet" just sounds like another retarded idea where I give up something I like, get nothing in return, pay more to do so, and watch the world erode further before my eyes.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
View attachment 502172

The vegan/vegetarian crowd sees something like this and thinks "they're so dumb. They'll keep poisoning themselves to keep their taste buds happy". They're missing the opposing argument though. Mostly, it doesn't really have anything to do with willfully consuming something to your own detriment. It's more about noticing that progressives have shitty fucking ideas constantly and out of the ones they successfully implement, most end up being colossal failures. "Give up meat to save the planet" just sounds like another retarded idea where I give up something I like, get nothing in return, pay more to do so, and watch the world erode further before my eyes.
That "go vegan to live longer" thing is such bullshit.

the data are very weak on the subject. On the other hand, we have exceptionally strong evidence that you can live longer by eating a particular diet.

Cut your total calories by about 20% and you'll live like an extra 10 years or some shit. I don't remember the exact numbers because no reasonable person is willing to take that tradeoff. Even though its fucking rock solid and nearly guaranteed payoff, its not worth it. A measly 20%. Thats nothing. You can still eat what you want, just a little less. Humanity has answered this finding with a resounding "fuck no!"

But they think going completely fucking meatless would somehow be worth it?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That "go vegan to live longer" thing is such bullshit.

the data are very weak on the subject. On the other hand, we have exceptionally strong evidence that you can live longer by eating a particular diet.

Cut your total calories by about 20% and you'll live like an extra 10 years or some shit. I don't remember the exact numbers because no reasonable person is willing to take that tradeoff. Even though its fucking rock solid and nearly guaranteed payoff, its not worth it. A measly 20%. Thats nothing. You can still eat what you want, just a little less. Humanity has answered this finding with a resounding "fuck no!"

But they think going completely fucking meatless would somehow be worth it?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Basically every "meat bad!" set-up returns to normal results once you enforce proper fiber consumption levels alongside the meat consumption.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Basically every "meat bad!" set-up returns to normal results once you enforce proper fiber consumption levels alongside the meat consumption.
Yes, thats my conclusion too. All the saturated fat, cholesterol, and red meat correlations turn out to be caused by diets without enough fiber.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Man, fuck yo couch" has greater meaning now that I own my first couch. As comfortable and awesome this sectional is, paid for by hard earned coin, that phrase would sting

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The PeePee dance works and I can't figure out why.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If you completely swallow your food before cramming more into your face, isn't every bite breakfast?

• 1Weird Boner