FOH Shower Thoughts

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Core curriculums vs "electives"

In highschool, we had "core" classes that are required for graduation. Math, History, English, etc.

We had "electives" too. A certain number of elective credits are required to graduate, but not specific ones. Wood shop, cooking, sewing, robotics, metal fab, etc.

I think some of them are backwards, or at least the priority is wrong. I agree that most of the core classes need to be required in some way (ignoring the existence of bias in the lesson plans and versions of truth), but some of them do not need to take up nearly as much of the available learning time as they do. Especially considering that COOKING is one of the most basic life skills everyone should have and an embarrassing number of people nowadays have never even cooked a fucking egg.

Edit: I think that some sort of business/personal finance 101 class was an elective too, but I can't remember the name. Argue all you want on behalf of the other core classes and how much or little time they deserved, but cooking & a basic financial lesson should absofuckinglutely be part of the core curriculum.

The reason I still don't have my AA is I need to take a Humanities course to meet my requirements, with a bunch of 18 year olds who haven't worked a day in their life and think the world can be an ideal place

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Core curriculums vs "electives"

In highschool, we had "core" classes that are required for graduation. Math, History, English, etc.

We had "electives" too. A certain number of elective credits are required to graduate, but not specific ones. Wood shop, cooking, sewing, robotics, metal fab, etc.

I think some of them are backwards, or at least the priority is wrong. I agree that most of the core classes need to be required in some way (ignoring the existence of bias in the lesson plans and versions of truth), but some of them do not need to take up nearly as much of the available learning time as they do. Especially considering that COOKING is one of the most basic life skills everyone should have and an embarrassing number of people nowadays have never even cooked a fucking egg.

Edit: I think that some sort of business/personal finance 101 class was an elective too, but I can't remember the name. Argue all you want on behalf of the other core classes and how much or little time they deserved, but cooking & a basic financial lesson should absofuckinglutely be part of the core curriculum.

Art. You can remove art as one of the core classes.

At my high school we had a standard degree, an advanced degree, and an advanced with honors. the differences were that you took more science and art classes to get the advanced, and some of them had to be honors classes to get the advanced with honors seal. I had plenty of honors classes, all i was missing was another fucking art class. My councilor flat out refused to let me take any woodworking or auto shop classes for 3 years because I wouldn't take another fucking art class. she kept telling me i was 'too smart' for those classes. Somewhere around my junior year I had figured out that the extra seals would't even help me get into college. They didn't show up on the transcript and were applied to the diploma a month after graduation. They were basically just a feather in her cap. In my senior year she had the idea to let me take a set design class which was like a woodworking class for theater. By then i was so pissed at her that I refused. I wound up taking a ton of study halls periods where we just sat around and played hearts. I was lucky that she finally let me take an electronics class my senior year, but that was only because i told her I thought I wanted to go for an EE in college.

I don't hold many grudges, but that cunt ms mcloud actively tried to fuck me over for petty bullshit. Pretty much the only thing that could get me to a high school reunion would be if I knew she was going to be there and there would be alcohol.

In summation, fuck fine arts classes being a requirement.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
um what? What the fuck is this "councilor let you.." shit?

i'm not sure when you went to school or what district or whatever but holy fuck, if any person at all had one iota of input into what classes I took other than me that would of really rustled my jimmies.

I talked to a guidance councilor once in 6th grade when my mother passed away but never again in middle or high school and not a fucking soul on earth had any authority to tell you what classes you could or could not take.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
um what? What the fuck is this "councilor let you.." shit?

i'm not sure when you went to school or what district or whatever but holy fuck, if any person at all had one iota of input into what classes I took other than me that would of really rustled my jimmies.

I talked to a guidance councilor once in 6th grade when my mother passed away but never again in middle or high school and not a fucking soul on earth had any authority to tell you what classes you could or could not take.

oh yeah. We got to choose our courses but it had to be signed off on by the counselor. Or councilor. Whichever is correct in this situation.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Never fight a guy in a wheelchair. Best case scenario you beat up a guy in a wheel chair, worst case scenario you get beat up by a guy in a wheel chair.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I got the wanderlust something fierce tonight. I could own a Thruxton by 11am tomorrow and be halfway to Brazil by Thursday.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I got the wanderlust something fierce tonight. I could own a Thruxton by 11am tomorrow and be halfway to Brazil by Thursday.

giphy.gif

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Because there are always pregnant women around, the average number of skeletons in a body is always higher than 1.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The ADA must require bathroom stalls to have toilets mounted so the gap between the door and the side panel are directly facing your crotch.