For All Mankind

velk

Trakanon Raider
Glad this is back, with a pretty good first episode too. Sure you can make fun of them for it, but I like the attitude of hope and vision of human progress. There's a place for bitter cynicism and dark nihilism, and it isn't in goddamn everything, which it appears to be these days.

Ed being in charge of anything at all seems awfully implausible though, what is he, 85 now ? I suppose they felt the need to keep some of the old characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Ed being in charge of anything at all seems awfully implausible though, what is he, 85 now ? I suppose they felt the need to keep some of the old characters.

i posted this last year
looked up dates from the wiki, which is think is only based on what has been on the show

Season 1 = 1969 - 75, Season 2 = 1983, Season 3 = 1992-95, Season 4 = -2003-

[2003 ages]
Ed - 1932 [71]
Ellen - 1943 [60]
Danielle - 1944 [59]
Aleida - 1961 [42]
Danny - 1963 [40]

Molly - 1937 to 1995 (58)
Gordo - 1936 to 1983 (47)

couldn't find any dates for Margo, Dev, Kelly etc

Ed's age doesn't seem to work for the korean war. 18 + 4 years at naval academy + 1 year (at least?) flight training.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
President Gore lol. Lefty writers just can’t stop themselves from jerking off all over the script.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

nixon (1 term), t. kennedy (1 term), reagan (2 terms), hart (2 terms), ellen willson (2 terms), gore (1-)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
He took over from the two term GOP President?
Meaning he was never VP to Clinton in this alt timeline so his viability as a candidate is diminished 200%

Openly gay female president in the 90’s is another splurgfest less believable than wrangling asteroids.

1000% chance there are space trannies this season.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Meaning he was never VP to Clinton in this alt timeline so his viability as a candidate is diminished 200%

Openly gay female president in the 90’s is another splurgfest less believable than wrangling asteroids.

1000% chance there are space trannies this season.

I don't think you understand the concept of an alternate reality timeline if a) you're complaining about that alternate reality whilst also b) upholding the Grand foh tradition of complaining about woke TV even in an alternate reality universe lol

• 2Like

Goatface

didn't read the articles, but in a world without oil, wouldn't gore be a lot less nutty

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I don't think you understand the concept of an alternate reality timeline if a) you're complaining about that alternate reality whilst also b) upholding the Grand foh tradition of complaining about woke TV even in an alternate reality universe lol

one thing has nothing to do with the other and why would an alternate universe be exempt from contempt over woke shit?

• 1Pathetic

Goatface

doesn't seem to be anything interesting in the newspaper the ones not in english, 1st was the handing over of hong kong to china and 2nd was y2k hitting the space station

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Technically it's a world without fossil fuels. They still use oil, but it's for manufacturing plastics rather than burning.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally got around to watching this, somewhere in early S2 now.

Important question, though. Ed's cunt wife dies horribly at some point, right?

Juvarisx

Florida
one thing has nothing to do with the other and why would an alternate universe be exempt from contempt over woke shit?

Its interesting because to me woke doesn't have to mean Gay, its just turned into that due to the younger generation. Like was Liberace woke? or Freddy Mercury? They were very very gay, but people didn't care as much because well they were public figures and entertainers and a lot of the hang-ups were on well gay man gonna try to grab my dick to make me gay back in the 80's. So if successful (closeted gay female) politician and well respected former astronaut with ideas that the party likes and is popular inside the party comes out AS gay while President whaat happens. Well they tried to impeach her and she found the moderate 90's middle with HW and I think its reasonable. She attached her Democrat opponent to the far left and "survived" the far right, which left the silent majority of moderates on both leanings to carry. Its VERY 90's but if you consider it idealism I mean thats the show right?

Also AIDS wasn't a thing in this universe until the 90's when she was already President and was spread in both sexual populations so there was no stigma which hurt the gay community badly in the 80's IRL. Also interestingly there was no Princess Diana to dampen the stigma so it could be a plotpoint later but I think its just something they wanted to move past.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Its interesting because to me woke doesn't have to mean Gay, its just turned into that due to the younger generation. Like was Liberace woke? or Freddy Mercury? They were very very gay, but people didn't care as much because well they were public figures and entertainers and a lot of the hang-ups were on well gay man gonna try to grab my dick to make me gay back in the 80's. So if successful (closeted gay female) politician and well respected former astronaut with ideas that the party likes and is popular inside the party comes out AS gay while President whaat happens. Well they tried to impeach her and she found the moderate 90's middle with HW and I think its reasonable. She attached her Democrat opponent to the far left and "survived" the far right, which left the silent majority of moderates on both leanings to carry. Its VERY 90's but if you consider it idealism I mean thats the show right?

Also AIDS wasn't a thing in this universe until the 90's when she was already President and was spread in both sexual populations so there was no stigma which hurt the gay community badly in the 80's IRL. Also interestingly there was no Princess Diana to dampen the stigma so it could be a plotpoint later but I think it’s just something they wanted to move past.
Being gay isn’t woke by itself. Woke in the context of entertainment is forced SJW narratives. Her becoming president at all is contrived and then coming out as gay and being reelected without decades of the slow shift of public opinion is just retarded.

Yes, it’s an alternate timeline and they take liberties. The show is still supposed to be somewhat grounded in reality. They haven’t introduced aliens, time travel, or different dimensions yet.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Second episode really hitting you over the head with the astronaut/maintenance caste system

Whole episode was boring

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I turned the first episode off when the dudes went outside the ship to try and save the wobbly asteroid.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I turned the first episode off when the dudes went outside the ship to try and save the wobbly asteroid.
I didn't turn it off but I didn't 'get' the whole science behind pushing an unstable mass with a ship. Like if you are pushing the damn thing at one hard point, what was the point of all those cables?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I didn't turn it off but I didn't 'get' the whole science behind pushing an unstable mass with a ship. Like if you are pushing the damn thing at one hard point, what was the point of all those cables?
Orbital mechanics are really hard even for the very smartest people to think about.