For All Mankind

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Meant to watch this a long time ago but finally getting around to it. Enjoying it a lot and I'm only part way through season 1.

Love this sort of alternate history thing and the cast is top notch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Just binged through all 2 seasons, 10/10 fucking LOVED it. Who knew an Apple TV show would be my favorite TV show of 2021 so far, beating out MCU 150m budget TV shows? Insane!

yeah Ed's wife is the Skyler of the show but other than that I really, really like all the characters and how deftly it weaves so many plots together. You really get to know nuanced, 3 dimensional views of so many characters.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
FYI, Garrett Resiman (of NASA / SpaceX fame) was a tech consultant on this, and thats likely a reason why the show tries to be so accurate. He talks about it on Rogan last year:

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Started watching this, only seen S1E1 and E2 so far. This is really cool. I might have the wife join in and watch it on the living room tv instead of on the computer screen.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its very wife friendly, my wife doesn't generally like sci fi but she really liked this show. the first half of season 1 is very 60s Mad Men-ish but the show starts featuring the women a lot more in season 2.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does AppleTV have anything else worth watching. I rather not sub just for this show.

spronk

FPS noob
if you know anyone who bought an Apple device (phone, tablet, computer) they get a free 1 year trial to Apple TV and you can just leech off their account to see the 2-3 shows worth watching. For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest (Its Always Sunny guy), See (Aquaman) are it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if you know anyone who bought an Apple device (phone, tablet, computer) they get a free 1 year trial to Apple TV and you can just leech off their account to see the 2-3 shows worth watching. For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest (Its Always Sunny guy), See (Aquaman) are it.
Oh wow I did not know this and I got a new phone 6 months ago lol

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I‘m only in S2E6 so far but man does everyone smoke and drink a lot at NASA. Especially drink, holy shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Finished last night finally. Ah shit what an ending. Hope S3 comes around soon.

• 1Solidarity

Ome

Molten Core Raider
You guys got me into this show and it really is good. Great characters, writing, etc. Really enjoying it.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have like a private FTP server with this stuff? I'm not risking torrents and fuck trying to watch AppleTV without any kind of Apple products.

Hmm, maybe the Android Shield TV app works now.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Started season 1, first two episodes were ok but then the women got introduced. Episode 4 has gone full on soap opera and wtf is the point of the Mexican immigrants?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The immigrant thread is the weakest of the show, but IMO it begins to pay off a little towards the end of season 2.

For a show that skips ahead a decade every season, you've got to introduce new future main-cast every season basically.

Goatface

Apple TV Plus has set the For All Mankind season 3 release date for Friday, June 10.
Season 3 will consist of 10 episodes, which are expected to drop weekly.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i liked this way better than the expanse, like the only thing expanse has over this show is space battles.

Rime

<Donor>
I have thoroughly enjoyed this show, I will gladly watch more of it.

Still salty that everyone is sliding back into weekly releases, though.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This series makes me sad. Most definitely what "could have been" alternate history.

• 1Like