For All Mankind

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty good setup episode for the rest of the season. Getting shit rolling is good. Hitting up Mars in a freaking hotel is awesome. Sucks to be on the Russian or Nasa ship.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not really your fault, and that was the expected outcome, but god I fucking hate the times stuff is getting released on streaming services. With so much shit at like 3am EST I clicked the thread not expecting it to be up yet today lol

I watched all the Alt History stuff from between season 2 and 3 last night, pretty interesting.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I like this guy's review and definitely agree with this point: its weird that they haven't shown half of Dany's crew. You'd think this is an opportunity where we'd see some of Ed's old crewmates from S2. Also where's Molly -- I'd have expected her to be working at Helios with Ed

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The 2 year jump at the end was a little weird in how many questions it leaves. They are pretty good at answering them though

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they left it open if Margo gave the Russians the nuclear drive. I'm assuming she did.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Given the timescales, and the boots on Mars shot from the end of season 2, I kinda felt we would have some time-skips. We have had them before, they were just smaller and mostly every episode in season 1 vs a big on here.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm early in Season 2 and getting a little tired of all the endless fucking talking. When do the cylons show up?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The NASA ship... my god that thing is small as fuck. We don't really get a good look at the Soviet ship since we only see it launching from the ground, but I have to imagine its no where near as nice as Phoenix with the artificial gravity etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At the rate these people smoke and drink they should age like raisins in the sun, not barely age between seasons loooool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
A quote from Expeditionary Force comes to mind "Never give an order you know won't be followed"

I expected to go more like Jamestown with the Russians trying to steal fuel

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
A quote from Expeditionary Force comes to mind "Never give an order you know won't be followed"

I expected to go more like Jamestown with the Russians trying to steal fuel
I honestly thought this was going to be a ploy as the Russian's last ditch effort to try and win the race

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was trolling about this show but fuck, the last few episodes of season 2 were better than any movie I've seen in the past few years.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Seeing reports that it's been renewed for a 4th season already. Apple is very pleased with the overall quality and audience engagement.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Seeing reports that it's been renewed for a 4th season already. Apple is very pleased with the overall quality and audience engagement.
I think it was already renewed for a 4th season sometime last year.

Goatface

last year, s4 was added to the writer's guild page
1656818677486.png

Production Weekly a trade publication, reportedly listed S4 production starting aug
1656818798976.png

theory is they are going to announce it at comic con later this month

Cybsled

Where will they go in season 4? Proxima Centauri?

That would probably be the finale of the show - achieving interstellar travel. They try to keep the show fairly grounded, though, so I suspect the biggest upgrade will be something involving anti-matter reactions (like the ship in Avatar). One of the many big hurdles for interstellar travel is having a sufficient reaction mass to allow for near constant acceleration to get you up to a sufficient percentage of the speed of light and enough to slow you down midway through your trip. Even if you could get up to like 10-15% of c, you're looking at a trip that would take decades just to get to Proxima Centauri. Then factor in decades to get back. In fact, you might even run into the situation that a follow-up vessel using more advanced tech gets to Proxima faster than the original ship that launched and there is a welcome party waiting for them to arrive. Can you imagine? You basically leave everyone you know, knowing you'll never see them again, get out of cryo stasis, and find out you're not even the first humans to visit there.

I think Sakkath has the right of it and the next big step would be the outer solar system. They build bases on Mars and construct ships that let them get to the Jovian moons/asteroid belt. Saturn is further away from Jupiter than Jupiter is from Mars. Jupiter itself is close to 3x the distance from Mars that Mars is from Earth.