For All Mankind

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
4.17 star(s) Rating: 4.17/5 6 Votes
Title: For All Mankind

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2019-11-01

Creator: Ronald D. Moore, Ben Nedivi, Matt Wolpert

Cast: Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Wrenn Schmidt, Sarah Jones, Shantel VanSanten, Jodi Balfour, Cynthy Wu, Coral Peña, Casey Johnson

Overview: Explore an aspirational world where NASA and the space program remained a priority and a focal point of our hopes and dreams as told through the lives of NASA astronauts, engineers, and their families.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Season 2 on 2/19 on AppleTV.

For those unfamiliar, the gist is what is Russia landed on the moon first. The space race doesn't end, Apollo continues.

Season 1 Preview:

Season 2 trailer:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is a pretty good show. Really dig the concept and it seems they put a lot of thought into what would happen. Seems really believable. They really hit you over the head with a god damn warhammer for the sjw shit. I actually don't mind it because it really does fit but a small hammer would be better to get the point across.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
In case any missed it, here's the post-credit scene from the final episode of season 1. It's not really that spoilery, since it doesn't really disclose any plot details for the most part, but will tag it anyways.

What I didn't know is this was a rocket that was an actual concept from 1962.

• 2Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
1st episode of season 2 out today. A lot of fun world building, though I couldn't care less about some of the interpersonal drama.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Surprised there isn’t much talk about this show. This last episode to set up the season 2 finale was fantastic and Im anxious to see how this season will wrapmup

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Surprised there isn’t much talk about this show. This last episode to set up the season 2 finale was fantastic and Im anxious to see how this season will wrapmup

I love the main storyline every side story is woke cringe nonsense but when they actually focus on the space stuff it's a good watch. I'm interested to see how far into technological advancement they take the show. It's not clear right now how you end this show.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I love the main storyline every side story is woke cringe nonsense but when they actually focus on the space stuff it's a good watch. I'm interested to see how far into technological advancement they take the show. It's not clear right now how you end this show.
Yeah the space story is amazing and so is the politics that go into it. Anytime it diverts from that I play on my phone because the rest is garbage. it's like alt history + space stuff this show is 10/10. Anything else like the lesbian story line or that wife of Ed is just 1/10.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Although for a show trying to go realism route, they should take some lessons from The Expanse. Like that scene when the window breaks...typical Hollywood "ultra sucking space vacuum of doom" trope

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Although for a show trying to go realism route, they should take some lessons from The Expanse. Like that scene when the window breaks...typical Hollywood "ultra sucking space vacuum of doom" trope
I like nitpicking little details like in this last episode I'm yelling at them that they opened the inner hab door before closing the inner airlock door when the russians came in which would be a huge no no from a safety stand point, but it's been pretty good on not being overly ridiculous on space related stuff

velk

Trakanon Raider
I like nitpicking little details like in this last episode I'm yelling at them that they opened the inner hab door before closing the inner airlock door when the russians came in which would be a huge no no from a safety stand point, but it's been pretty good on not being overly ridiculous on space related stuff

There are obviously some huge space enthusiasts involved in the show. The painstaking recreation of the old space tech, but real and theoretical, is pretty amazing.

I am betting there were some bitter arguments from technical consultants over that scene and 'drama' won ;p

( A bigger problem is having the door open inwards into a depressurization hazard, for all the reasons that are made obvious in that scene lol )

velk

Trakanon Raider
And yeah, the human drama stories are pretty bad. The lesbian one is bearable, but everything to do with Ed's wife is absolutely awful.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I kind of liked Peanut and the immigrant making nice. First time in two seasons I've liked anything to do with that plot thread.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Wow what an ender - playing Nirvana at the end credits was awesome, especially with the final teaser.

I really dig this guy's review of it:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked the ending, even if it was a bit sappy. Hope they get another season.

One thing that bugged me :
Ed puts in a firing solution and target lock BEFORE the attempted mutiny. So not saying anything before firing makes him out as the worst kind of asshole. This was common sense murdered for drama heh.

One thing that didn't bug me :
Oh come on, there's no way you could live through tha... Oh. Well played.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I liked the ending, even if it was a bit sappy. Hope they get another season.

One thing that bugged me :
Ed puts in a firing solution and target lock BEFORE the attempted mutiny. So not saying anything before firing makes him out as the worst kind of asshole. This was common sense murdered for drama heh.

One thing that didn't bug me :
Oh come on, there's no way you could live through tha... Oh. Well played.
Good catch; I really hope that was just a writing slip-up. I'd really like to think Ed decided that after the stand-off and with knowledge that other mission was happening (even if he didn't know the outcome of it), that he deliberately decided to take out Seadragon.

I was kinda yelling at the TV rooting for them to both make it back; I hoped Gordo's redemption ark didn't require his death because he's so likeable, ah well.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Finally caught this last episode. God damnit that was a little tear jerker there at the end. That might have been the best episode of the whole series. I hope they get another season since they will be on Mars finally.

• 2Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gordo is a great character. Also awesome in The Patriot.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database