For All Mankind

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember every season, but I do remember last season was pretty fucking terrible. In fact, one of the complaints I saw here constantly was that it was about 5 minutes of cool sci-fi or alternate history, and the remainder of every episode was boring manufactured drama that no one asked for.

Haven't started this season yet, but I don't know why anyone would be surprised they're sticking to the same formula. Season one was the aberration.
Season one was consistently strong but S2 did a way better job ramping up the tension toward the end.

velk

Trakanon Raider
reddit trying to figure out how rich Kelly should be, ranges from a few million to billions.

Kelly's only wealth would be inherited Helios shares from her mother ? I don't think you can tell from that - we don't know what her split is, only that she and Dev combined don't have a controlling interest and need to convince a long list of other investors to get a majority.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Is this show enjoyable even if you know the moon landing was fake? I mean I guess the premise is that Soviets beat us to our fake moon landing, so it’s just fiction about fiction.

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is this show enjoyable even if you know the moon landing was fake? I mean I guess the premise is that Soviets beat us to our fake moon landing, so it’s just fiction about fiction.
And the new facade starts to slip.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Opening scene of latest episode is eyeroll. Tempted to just turn it off now, how fucking stupid. Everything about it was awful

Edit, and now the bumbling idiot who messed up last week continues his run of making terrible decisions

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Opening scene of latest episode is eyeroll. Tempted to just turn it off now, how fucking stupid. Everything about it was awful

Edit, and now the bumbling idiot who messed up last week continues his run of making terrible decisions
Yeah, it was so nakedly "we need to manufacture drama without any effort and have it be really stupid."

I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was really hoping sour face was dead.

The show has been a drag this season. I've stopped and resumed most episodes this season instead of a single watch.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Orbital mechanics are really hard even for the very smartest people to think about.
Why are you coming in here and acting like you're an authority on smart people.

Orbital mechanics are super easy and natural to think about.

• 1Garbage

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is the Kelly storyline purely about putting Dev back in charge of Helios? The whole Margo storyline is zzzzz. I don't give any shits about the derpy black market on Mars stuff.

It feels like we are wasting a lot of screen time on pretty boring uninteresting shit. Doesn't even really feel like there was a time jump, because we haven't actually advanced anything. The whole goal of the season is asteroid mining?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
aliencast.jpg

you know what we need? we need to focus on that guy w/ the hat, he's the real hero!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sometimes it feels like this show wants to become a parody of itself. The end of this last episode is one of those moments.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Binged most of this over the last month and when you watch it all at once the decline in quality is quite palpable. Went from a cool "alternate cold war timeline" to the Young and the Restless in Space. Is there any male character left on this show that isn't a total douchebag or moron, and any woman that isn't brilliant, and if "flawed", only in a "honesty is my biggest weakness" type of way?

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Yeah, it's getting pretty dumb. It's the wrong kind of drama.

The offer that Dev gave would have happened much sooner because it would just be a drop in a bucket to the supposedly 20 trillion dollar resource. The idea that the strikers thought they could have the asteroid redirected was even more dumb.

I think there could have been a good strike plot this season but this was pretty fucking far from it.

Then Eleida doesn't want to work with Margo even though they worked together in Russia to develop the plan? More character flip-flopping for the sake of plot drama.

And the end of that last episode... Utterly fucking stupid. It's getting to the point I don't know if I'm going to want to finish this series.

DickTrickle

It's wild reading the Reddit thread for this episode. All those retards seem on board with this ridiculous shit.

DickTrickle

This shit is practically Fast and the Furious: Mars with this plot. I look forward to Vin Diesel showing up next episode to do this for the Mars family.

• 1Worf

velk

Trakanon Raider
The offer that Dev gave would have happened much sooner because it would just be a drop in a bucket to the supposedly 20 trillion dollar resource. The idea that the strikers thought they could have the asteroid redirected was even more dumb.

The Helios peasants storyline never made sense from the very start, their salaries should be completely insignificant compared to the cost of getting them and the supplies they are going to eat to Mars in the first place.

Are you going to spend 20 million sending some under-qualified desperate guy you hired for 30k a year to Mars ? That would be an inconceivably stupid decision.

If anything that whole scenario should be completely the other way around, with the Helios guys beyond wealthy compared to the NASA astronauts on government salaries.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
but but but what about old man Ed Baldwin and his cheese? Now that subplot can hold up the whole series!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lol this is so terrible. I'm so tired of people making stupid emotional reckless decisions on a martian moonbase

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
First couple seasons were great, but the entire time its been a story about replacing the old white male NASA with the more female and brown government + private industry space force. It hasnt been subtle at all about this theme.

Viewed this way, its entirely reasonable that we're seeing a descent into emotional dumbass decision after emotional dumbass decision.

If they ended it all with some terrible catastrophe caused by human error it would be a perfect story. Obviously they won't but I'm gonna pretend so I can finish the season.