For Honor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Real life friend and old EQ Beta tester did vocals for intro and some tracks in this game... glad to see its good- I am interested in checking this out :D is there a free demo?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Real life friend and old EQ Beta tester did vocals for intro and some tracks in this game... glad to see its good- I am interested in checking this out :D is there a free demo?

Your friend is Apollyon? She's good, really sells the character. The voice acting for the main classes is really good overall. Jennifer Hale is the female Warden and I couldn't put my finger on the male Warden, but he's Illidan Stormrage in WoW! Most of them have lots of gaming voice experience.

As for the demo, not yet, but it would be cool if they gave people one that they could play against other demo people or at least against other newish players. The game is doing well but without new blood most games die off, I'm hoping this one has legs.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
When did 2v2 brawl become 2x 1v1s? I played yesterday and no one gave a crap. Today is completely different.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Your friend is Apollyon? She's good, really sells the character. The voice acting for the main classes is really good overall. Jennifer Hale is the female Warden and I couldn't put my finger on the male Warden, but he's Illidan Stormrage in WoW! Most of them have lots of gaming voice experience.

As for the demo, not yet, but it would be cool if they gave people one that they could play against other demo people or at least against other newish players. The game is doing well but without new blood most games die off, I'm hoping this one has legs.

He did the vocals in the songs - main song and I think 2-3 others - I think any with male vocals. It looked like a good game, and well because I was friends with him on facebook i got a lot of their ad's lol.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what game you guys are playing but every time you join a game people's expectation are different. Some games people will let you 1v1. I always let people 1v1 in brawls, seems shitty otherwise. I want to play with friends but I want to duel. Sometimes that happens in eliminations too but it is less frequent.

I don't really mind getting teamed on due to the revenge mechanics, but the thing that pisses me off is when someone runs for a buff right at the start of a fight. If you get a buff and then lose, I'm going to shit talk you until you block me.

Also, they really need to change the chasing mechanics. If you're chasing someone you should get a speed buff NASCAR/Mario Kart style. Fuck people who run away.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Was watching someones stream last night and they brought up the fact that multiple lock ons is how the game determines if it should build revenge faster. Can gang up on someone and just free swing and they wont build revenge fast.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what game you guys are playing but every time you join a game people's expectation are different. Some games people will let you 1v1. I always let people 1v1 in brawls, seems shitty otherwise. I want to play with friends but I want to duel. Sometimes that happens in eliminations too but it is less frequent.

I don't really mind getting teamed on due to the revenge mechanics, but the thing that pisses me off is when someone runs for a buff right at the start of a fight. If you get a buff and then lose, I'm going to shit talk you until you block me.

Also, they really need to change the chasing mechanics. If you're chasing someone you should get a speed buff NASCAR/Mario Kart style. Fuck people who run away.
If people want 1v1 they should JOIN 1v1. No point joining a 2v2 to play 1v1. Tactics for 2v2 is completely different and should stay that way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, everyone's expectations are different. If you started to 2v1 me in a brawl then I'd do the same but typically I wouldn't. I'd rather you get shit on 1v1 so you have no excuses.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I feel like this game is going the way of Warhammer Vermintide. HUGE hype at the start, and then just dies down really quickly. Already losing the urge to play the game after 5 hours or so.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, I feel like this game is going the way of Warhammer Vermintide. HUGE hype at the start, and then just dies down really quickly. Already losing the urge to play the game after 5 hours or so.

That could always be the case, but Vermintide was never even close to as big as For Honor is. Based on the populations I'd be willing to bet FH has already sold more copies this month than Vermintide has in its lifetime.

I mean people burn out at different rates, but I got 50 hours in myself and still wanna play whenever I'm home. I'm not sure either one of us indicative of the games health.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
A few things he says aren't accurate, but overall I can't argue with much in that review. If Ubisoft had ponied up for dedicated servers and left out the micro-transactions I would give it an easy 9. I can't remember the last game I was this addicted to. It's not newbie friendly, and you definitely have to put in time, but there aren't many games as satisfying when you finally figure it all out. It reminds me of how you feel in the Souls games after you kill a boss.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The real question after watching some streamers play this, for me, is whether this is really worth AAA pricing. I'd probably pick it up at $25 but $60 minimum seems pricey.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They fix the netcode or something? Playing this in Japan with my Aussie friends, as we all know they have shit internet in Australia, they still use string and tin cans there, and we're having none of these issues.

Definitely takes time learning the game, still rather pleb myself, but starting to get kills in 1v1s

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This was an Amazon deal the other day and I picked it up for $35. I'm a magic-user type by nature so I was a bit skeptical of this, but damn if it isn't satisfying to cleave the hell out of a bunch of soldiers. I do like how the setting readily acknowledges that this is all batshit insane (Vikings vs Knights vs Samurai) and just prods the viewer to run with it.