For Honor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I also had issues with the controls, I can't move fast enough between weapon direction and guard break. I think if they'd made guard mode a toggle instead of holding then on a controller you could use the left button and trigger.
you can set that in options.

Gaurdmode is hold by default on controller, and toggle on keyboard. Both can be changed in options however.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
  • The game is going to, deservedly, get shit for peer2peer and all the absurd microtranactions, but it's the best multiplayer game I've played in years. I had tons of issues with connections in the beta but virtually none in release. I said I was going to wait but the day after beta ended I was already dying to play and I don't regret the purchase one bit. You definitely have to work on the moves but once you get them down it's pretty damn amazing. I started out dying 1v1 and today won a 4v1. Incredible game, if not my goty it's easily my multiplayer goty, I haven't even thought about playing anything else since I picked it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The campaign wasn't bad. Story was different but you could basically tell where it was going from the start. Boss fights were interesting, I imagine realistic difficulty makes the game Dark Souls-esque.

Prestiged 1 character and messed around on a few others. I'm enjoying the game but its easy to get salty with some of the cheesy tactics people do. Executing people is still so satisfying.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Bought it despite knowing it had some issues. Having a blast and don't regret the $60 price tag, although I'm expecting this game will be much much better in a month or two with some patches.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I kinda want to play this game because I like the skill aspect of it. But I don't want to pay $60 for essentially an arena fighting game.

Also, I get annoyed that the majority of the streamers are playing the faggot rogue and not any other classes.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
I like this game a lot. It has a need for a more content and it has issues, but my biggest happiness comes from knowing this is a new type of interactive combat game that focuses a lot on just having fun and is succeeding despite being pretty different from what's on the popular market up to this point.

8/10

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
How are the micro transactions?

Honestly they kinda suck. The only saving grace is that you can buy everything with in game currency, but the prices are pretty high. Luckily there is no P2W and you don't need to buy anything to compete. I haven't bought anything and probably won't.

The gameplay is legit, though, and makes everything else irrelevant IMO. It's so good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Micro transactions are definitely overpriced and you can unlock all your feats at level 1 but really there is no point unless you want cosmetics.

Seems like a lot of tier lists/polls are putting the Warden and Shugoki at the top currently and Raider at the bottom. Warden is mainly there because of their vortex combo. Though if players are of equal skill its still any given Sunday for 1v1s. I main Berserker and its a lot of fun but I definitely have a wishlist of changes already.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Samurai classes have way better movesets. I think I'm going to stop playing warden even though it has that DS3 elite armor look going for it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Wardens are boring as fuck. Everyone plays them because of vortex spam, but even watching someone at high end, like iSkys, nearly puts me to sleep.

I main a "faggot" rogue because I like the faster play style but as soon as I hit rep 4 I'm gonna switch to zerker or valk or maybe one of those annoying turtle ass warlords. If I was going to play a weeb it would be a Nobushi, but if you aren't really good she's like a free kill.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So are the tanky guys viable really? Seems strength is in speed in this game. I've yet to see the chain mace guy on streams at all or the fat guy with the club.

Warden, Peacekeeper, Oroshi... constantly.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Oroboro on Twitch runs Conq all the time and wrecks pretty well.

I would say the strongest individual classes are the ones that move well typically, like you mentioned, but the META is defensive. If you parry and guard break well you win the game. Warlord and Shugoki are considered high on most tier lists.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So are the tanky guys viable really? Seems strength is in speed in this game. I've yet to see the chain mace guy on streams at all or the fat guy with the club.

Very few PK streamers, and most are streaming heavies. Dunno where u are watching.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Fairlight_ex streams the morning star guy and does really well. Think hes a late night streamer though.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Having a blast with this so far. Prestiged Warden and about to do so with Berserker. Gameplay is fluid and lag is, surprisingly, not often an issue. Duels can be pretty intense but dominion is perfect for derping around. Feats add a really enjoyable layer to the game (IMO) and peoples complaints about gear being an issue are mostly due to the way matchmaking works (Your highest geared toon seems to control the gear level to matchmade with, even playing a class with no gear). You can always outplay gear save for some specific broken mechanics.

Patches should make the game much better down the road

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Went ahead and picked this up. On pc is kb/mouse or controller preferred? Was watching a stream and they mentioned something about quicker target swapping with kb/mouse?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Twitch streamers:

Fairlight_Ex: usually on a Conqueror or Shugoki.

Oroboro: Mains a Lawbringer, but plays other stuff too.

TrU3Ta1ent: plays everything, spent most of today on Raider.

iSky: Warden, I actually found a lot of good streamers/players by watching his channel because he only does 2s and his MMR is so high.

SypherPK: Shugoki

KingRichard: Peacekeeper

Sacriel: Peacekeeper

Anthony Kongphan: Orochi

There are a few others I watch but these are some of the better streamers, there is a Valk and Nobuchi that I watch as well but can't remember the names atm.

Went ahead and picked this up. On pc is kb/mouse or controller preferred? Was watching a stream and they mentioned something about quicker target swapping with kb/mouse?

I think most people play it with a controller, even on PC.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah gonna test it out. The move mouse to change guard/attack angle seems really wierd.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I preferred mouse/kb playing primarily peacekeeper, greatly. I did not get around to testing controller out with remapped keys though, to see if that helped.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I love the salt in this game. I had a bad game, went 7-6 but we barely won. Dude says I'm trash player and got carried. Next game same teams I go 11-0 and we basically had them three capped the whole time. Same dude says it's my class and gear. Total baby rager. I had to turn my messages to friends only so the tears in his messages would short out my PS4.

Edit: Lol. People so butt hurt that after I turned off messaging they start sending me friends requests with dump trucks of whining in them. Jesus, bunch of pussies. Guess I'll turn of friends requests for a bit.

Last edited: