Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
4 day testing session has started in Barcelona andFerrariis looking good

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yea watching the day2 stuff now. Will likely be seeing the finger this year. Here's hoping it's a 4 way fight between Ferrari / Merc.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hah Mark Webber on the podium. Pretty fun watch. Would have been interesting to see how the strats played out, but the red flag kinda ruined that.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Ferrari showed an ability to go fast, close enough to Merc to give some hope for the season.

Also congrats are in order for Haas, getting points in their very first race. I had been thinking they'd be rolling chicanes all season.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Well, Qatar was pretty boring, but the crowd boo'ing Borenzo and Marquez at the end was comedy gold.
Love the MotoGP crowds. And yea, Qatar was about as anti-climactic as MotoGP gets. I think it'll get better.
smile.png

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Two great races so far, and another trip down to Austin later this year for the 5th straight year. At least Haas will offset some of the "atmosphere" the V10s left behind. Surprisingly have never been to to a MotoGP although a friend that works with Ducati can get us in for free. Been there a few times for friends BMW series races.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'm watching everything in reverse order because nothing got posted to usenet. Herbert seems to think Alonso should retire hah.

Herbert seems like the "random opposing viewpoint" guy like Eddie Jordan used to be on the BBC.

Sad that they wouldn't let Alonso race. If those docs were in charge of motoGP half the grid would be empty every sunday.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Also curious if any of this panama papers stuff will come up in the talk of the sports. I've already seen a few names pop up, but I'll bet more are coming. There's some really shady financing with some of the teams and people.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm watching everything in reverse order because nothing got posted to usenet. Herbert seems to think Alonso should retire hah.

Herbert seems like the "random opposing viewpoint" guy like Eddie Jordan used to be on the BBC.

Sad that they wouldn't let Alonso race. If those docs were in charge of motoGP half the grid would be empty every sunday.
The MotoGP and F1 races weren't posted to torrents until late Monday also.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Haas is looking pretty solid so far.
Yeah they do. I think people forget how good Grosjean was at the end of 2013 when Lotus last had a competitive car. He ended the season 3,3,3,4,2,Ret. He's a damn good driver and it looks like HAAS is backing him up with a pretty decent car, I expected them at back of the mid-pack at-best, (williams, redbulls, toro rossos) but they look capable of holding their own against anyone but Mercedes and Ferrari.

I was talking with my roommate, in the off chance they get a first place finish, and who knows with crazy luck on a safety car or red flag. It would be the first time the US national anthem would be played during the awards ceremony (for the constructor) since Mario Andretti last won in 1978. It's gonna be hugely important to the sport if they can do well and starting working on getting a US driver. The US hasn't cared about F1 in a long time, and it's gonna be a big part of the future of the sport getting more value out of the US market.

Working version of what I embedded.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Made it home from Austin. Had a great time, though the races didn't really go the way I'd hoped. Walked and stood around till my legs felt like bloody stumps while my relatives crooned and purred and pawed at all the bikes in the maker areas (which we went through like 5 times).

There was some really decent beer there this time though it was like 10 bucks for a halfsie.

The only downers this year was smokers choking me to death everywhere, the rain knocked out all the tv screens for that whole turn 2 to back straight side of the track, and I stupidly sat next to that red bull noise thing playing that awful music.

Weather was great, not much sun, kindof cool to warm. Great weekend. Had a tiny bit of rain that stalled a moto2 practice but it wasn't bad. I think I love the sound of the moto2 bikes the most.