Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
He's been a lot more enjoyable since his WC streak ended. Seems like he's realized he'll go down as one of the best why be a prick about it. Have fun, get some wins, maybe another WC, but regardless it's a lot better when everyone doesn't hate you.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
2 is often fairly dull, but there have been a few great ones this year. 3 is always exciting.

The moto2 bikes just sound so cool. They rev so high they sound like mini f1 cars (older f1 cars).

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Bleh at this weekend's race. I'm happy a satellite rider won but so many crashes by people who should have known better.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
2 is often fairly dull, but there have been a few great ones this year. 3 is always exciting.

The moto2 bikes just sound so cool. They rev so high they sound like mini f1 cars (older f1 cars).
Watched moto3 and 2 at Assen.. holy shit moto3 was awesome. Definitely watching that from now on. Moto2 was less awesome, but still good.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Moto2 needs some changes to include electronics so riders can get adjusted to GP style bikes earlier. Rossi has his academy riders training on R6s instead of Moto2 rides.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The moto2 bikes have no electronics? I guess that's why they are sideways all the time?

When I got back from Austin I started looking around to see if I could buy a moto2 bike. But then reality struck, and I don't have the money nor the desire to die yet.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The moto2 bikes have no electronics? I guess that's why they are sideways all the time?

When I got back from Austin I started looking around to see if I could buy a moto2 bike. But then reality struck, and I don't have the money nor the desire to die yet.
It looks like they just use Yamaha R6 engines? Why not just buy an R6? My quick googling indicates those moto2 bikes go for $80k? Lol, fuck that.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They use Honda engines and somebody else's frame is used (I think there are 1 or 2 providers). It's basically a spec series and just feels like a slightly faster Moto3 bike. The Moto2 class is also just stagnating. We haven't had any stand out talent in the class in recent years.

Then the riders come into GP and the entire class is completely different from everything they've ridden before. With advanced traction control, wheelie control, corner by corner engine braking settings, and different engine dynamics and different chassis dynamics per manufacturer.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They use Honda engines and somebody else's frame is used (I think there are 1 or 2 providers). It's basically a spec series and just feels like a slightly faster Moto3 bike. The Moto2 class is also just stagnating. We haven't had any stand out talent in the class in recent years.

Then the riders come into GP and the entire class is completely different from everything they've ridden before. With advanced traction control, wheelie control, corner by corner engine braking settings, and different engine dynamics and different chassis dynamics per manufacturer.
But if they're going to do all the same shit as MotoGP with less power, why not just run heat races of MotoGP with more riders and have a final race?

Isn't moto2 being basically a spec series actually better since it puts the riders on a more level playing field to see who is faster? Then those fast people progress to MotoGP.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Kalex makes most of the chassis, Suter and Tech3 make a few, but I think like 90% of the bikes are Kalex.

It is interesting to see some riders struggle when they go up a notch. Alex Marquez from 3 to 2, or Rabat going up to GP. He was great on a moto2 bike.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Because Moto2 should remain a cost capped spec series. I'm just suggesting they bring in a spec electronics package like they have in MotoGP with the per corner engine braking so riders can spend time getting a taste of how the GP bikes work beyond their engines and the crews can get the same experience.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Finally watched Austria today, holy shit at that last lap. I was on the edge of my seat. Lewis is clearly the faster driver, every time. Nico straight up rammed him in that incident. Lewis was side by side on the outside and Nico drove right to the edge of the track. The team is claiming brake failure but I don't think so; I think Nico just decided Lewis wasn't passing him today and tried to run him off the road hoping Lewis would yield. Pure luck Nico took the damage not Lewis.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I watced motogp and holy shit at the tire choices... why the F did Rossi not pit when the team told him to? And they had 2 laps to see Marquez was 7 seconds faster per lap or whatever on slicks, why didn't they throw slicks on Rossi's bike? Major facepalm fail