Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Awesome day for the Mclarens. Those cars took a huge step forward with the upgrade package but Lando drove a hell of a race from start to finish.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Was the first F1 event I've ever watched, after blowing through the most recent season of the series on Netflix. Decided I'd start paying attention to the sport since it's coming here (Vegas) for the next decade or whatever.

Having never been into autosports aside from hanging w/ mom when she's watching NASCAR, was pretty entertaining.
If you want to get really hooked, pick up the F1 game on PS5. Playing it on PS1 and learning those tracks from the cockpit view is what hooked me forever in the late 90's. I have zero interest in any other motorsport besides F1. Attending my second consecutive Austin GP this October and cannot wait.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I have EA Play Pro, so I've fired it up on PC and started a career in F2, only a race or two in and find myself wanting a wheel for the first time lol.

I'm not intending to go to the race here, pricey as hell, but we'll see about subsequent years.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
DeVries out, Ricciardo in at Alpha Tauri. About time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
motoGP had a big ouch moment. It reminded me of what happened to Ian Hutchinson.

I just googled and apparently he didn't break anything? I am amazed. Maybe it hit the boots and they are majorly reinforced.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

maxresdefault.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Pecco rode today at Misano. Amazing! Also Dani is there for some reason. Maybe one of the ktm guys is injured.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could be an interesting race today, going to be hard for Red Bull to do much since they seem to be struggling badly at this circuit.

Stroll is out for today for recovery after his severe crash yesterday. Would have been a trip to the morgue a decade or two ago

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Well that's an interesting sponsor
fans.jpg

Moto2 was good for us americans! The india track is fun for bikes.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Don't miss the ozzy gp! It was today (saturday) which is sorta friday because the ozzys are from the future.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not planning on going because money's tight this fall w/ some family emergency shenanigans ongoing / expected, but looking forward to all of this as it comes together.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was too late to pull trigger to go to vegas f1. All the 500 dollar weekend tickets were gone. Definitely going next year.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
F1 could have borrowed half of motoGPs excitement for the weekend. Props to the mexican crowd for hanging in there after Sergio crashed.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
F1 could have borrowed half of motoGPs excitement for the weekend. Props to the mexican crowd for hanging in there after Sergio crashed.
Lando grinding through the field twice was pretty epic.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate how Max is making F1 boring, but if he does Le Mans, I will be his biggest fan. I really think he is one of the GOATs when it comes to racing. I hope he wins Le Mans. I really believe he'll try to win the Indy 500 too. I think he'll go for it despite him saying otherwise. He'll be too close to wining the triple crown.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hate how Max is making F1 boring, but if he does Le Mans, I will be his biggest fan. I really think he is one of the GOATs when it comes to racing. I hope he wins Le Mans. I really believe he'll try to win the Indy 500 too. I think he'll go for it despite him saying otherwise. He'll be too close to wining the triple crown.
F1 has been boring for 10 years. I used to keep detailed stats, but stopped in 2013. I have only watched a few full races since then. Max wrapped it up early this year. First race, I saw him pass other cars like they were standing still, then immediately cancelled my F1 membership.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just the way the sport is, building the right car is 90% of the game and even an exceptional driver will not win in a weak car consistently. As a result, one team tends to dominate for a few years until the competition catches up and then you get a really fun change-over season where you get an actual battle for the title. Other seasons (like this one) most of the interesting racing happens a few places back from the podium.

They published the annual richest-people-of-the-country list here last week and Max's net worth is now around 150 million, so it's safe to say he no longer has to race for the money and can race where ever he wants to. I could see him trying for the triple crown eventually, he's probably got another good 10-15 years in him.