Forspoken

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This seems like one of those games that could be fantastic once you get past the tutorial but no one will make it past the tutorial because it's cringey and awful.
What do you do you mean? Moving shit with your mind is something we all want to do as children and it tells you right in the beginning.

“I just moved shit, with my mind
I just moved shit…with my mind
I just moved shit!!!! With my mind!!!!
So yeah, that’s something I do now”

If that doesn’t hook you then idk what to tell you

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

game journalists and woke retards pushed to get a "story mode" into games, Can we push to get a "shut the fuck up and let me play the game" mode?

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you give a shit a tech analysis on PS5 version, i guess there are technical issues, with dynamic rendering and FSR the game sometimes renders at 720p and upscales (with FSR) to 4k but it looks not great.

Its not a great sign for FF16 though since its the same engine, but then again it was used in FF15 which was mostly... ok? on PS4. FF7R uses a different engine I believe

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
if you give a shit a tech analysis on PS5 version, i guess there are technical issues, with dynamic rendering and FSR the game sometimes renders at 720p and upscales (with FSR) to 4k but it looks not great.

Its not a great sign for FF16 though since its the same engine, but then again it was used in FF15 which was mostly... ok? on PS4. FF7R uses a different engine I believe

Yeah FF7 Remake uses Unreal. Luminous is complete dog shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You know, one of these days we are going to call out these Woke twitter retards as to what they are - Alone - trying to get web hits out of worthless shock value bullshit... Where I would bet 90% of them do not even fucking care they want easy cash. We, the people, understand exactly who they are though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
From Streams, this game really doesn't look that bad. I would not pay full price for this but when it gets a heavy discount it looks fun enough, assuming I can ever get through my infinite backlog.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
From Streams, this game really doesn't look that bad. I would not pay full price for this but when it gets a heavy discount it looks fun enough, assuming I can ever get through my infinite backlog.

You honestly think you could get through the game without blowing your brains out by the third dialogue scene?

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You honestly think you could get through the game without blowing your brains out by the third dialogue scene?
Most video games have really bad dialogue. After the intro, this isn't much worse than most.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I guess they went for the subverting expectations approach when they decided to make the protagonist a piece of shit that just remains a piece of shit for the entire game with no redeeming arc.

I thought the main character looked interesting in the trailers until she went "I can move shit with my mind" a bunch of times in a row.

They wanted modern Berkeley student type entitled young dipshits to have someone to identify with.

As for that "Repentant" psycho saying the game is getting hate because transphobia... does the game even have any trans people in it, or is he/she/it just projecting because they aren't miserable enough today to meet their personal mental quota?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think this is worth getting on heavy discount. Would be a great Game Pass game but... Sony...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Most video games have really bad dialogue. After the intro, this isn't much worse than most.

Sweet Christ what have you been playing lately? This is worse than Youngblood. Maybe we need to define what cringe really means. Between this and youngblood I cannot think of a game that has gone this far into the depths of Zoomer bullshit. (Andromeda too I suppose :p)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol, think he has a sponsored stream tonight for it. He played it for a bit last night.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sweet Christ what have you been playing lately? This is worse than Youngblood. Maybe we need to define what cringe really means. Between this and youngblood I cannot think of a game that has gone this far into the depths of Zoomer bullshit. (Andromeda too I suppose :p)
You realize Zoomers are the ones buying most of the video games right?

Remember when *we* thought this was great dialogue?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can count the number of video games that have great dialogue on one hand and 2 of them are Bioshock.

• 1Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I can count the number of video games that have great dialogue on one hand and 2 of them are Bioshock.

Which of the Bioshocks got excluded?

Title says it all I guess. I've been annoyed with him for being too easy on shit games for a while now, so to see him actually put the conclusion right in the title really says something.

Watched this. The main character is so insufferable and hostile that I don't think I'd make it 1 hour in this game. Too much constant disconnect between the main character's behavior toward the world around her and what you the player are feeling about said world.

There must be some rule somewhere that modern female characters need to be defensive and hostile, because I sure see it a lot. Horrendous role models, but maybe that's the point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Aloy is a likeable female protagonist in a modern game. Not defensive or hostile, she is more understanding, stoic and compassionate.
I think I commented earlier in the thread but the demo was enough to turn me off Forspoken because of how intolerable the main character (and bracelet)s banter was.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

1) average age of gamers is 33. Millennials and gen x comprise a lot of the target demo.

2) HZD, God of war, death stranding, Bioshock 1 and infinite, mass effect 1-3, Star Wars KOTOR, Wolfenstein before Youngblood, Prey, Diablo 1. 2 - Warcraft 2-3, WoW pre catalyst, all GTA’s, the list goes on and on. Know what doesn’t? This pandering shit which tries to bring the behavior of the .01% in their every day mental illness infested lives and put it in a video game or a movie and force actors to read through the shit.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hope this breaks sales records so we get more of this shit so we continue to have things to bitch about here.

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I hope this breaks sales records so we get more of this shit so we continue to have things to bitch about here.

Either way it won’t matter. Infested woke mentally Ill jackoffs have taken over segments of the industry where it will never completely go away.

• 1Like