Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Blitz Showdown is live. Only counts 25 games this time, which is half of the Solo Showdown. Should allow pretty much everyone to take a shot at Top 100 as each Blitz game only takes about 15 minutes,

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Showdown is live. Only counts 25 games this time, which is half of the Solo Showdown. Should allow pretty much everyone to take a shot at Top 100 as each Blitz game only takes about 15 minutes,

The most important change, which means I definitely have no shot now:
In addition to Score based on placement, the player will be awarded 3 points for each enemy they eliminate.
Blitz Showdown Contest Rules

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My mind is bottled how this game went from ancient teaser, to possible vapourware, to zombie survival builder with shitty microtransactions, to PUBG ripoff, to MOST POPULAR GAME EVER.

I don't think I'll be able to ignore this game anymore. It's been dipping it's balls into the mouths all the top Twitch game channels for months now.

How hard is it to pick up and get into?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My mind is bottled how this game went from ancient teaser, to possible vapourware, to zombie survival builder with shitty microtransactions, to PUBG ripoff, to MOST POPULAR GAME EVER.

I don't think I'll be able to ignore this game anymore. It's been dipping it's balls into the mouths all the top Twitch game channels for months now.

Extremely extremely easy. Prepare to die often though!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Won my first squad game last night and was weird. Got into a firefight with another squad almost as soon as we touched down (killed them all) then didn't see anyone else and 'won' by being holed up in a tower waiting for someone to show up while everyone else died and we were the only 4 left in the game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Just play it. I'm 3-4 weeks in since not playing for about 8 months. I pretty much know the entire BR map now and getting better with the building aspect. Make sure to adjust sensitivies and key binds. Mouse sense should be slightly higher than your normal FPS game to accomodate building. You want to make turns a bit faster to get walls up quickly.

Its the shotgun meta so knowing guns is simple right now. If you have a shotgun you're good. Throw up walls to block shots, try to get high ground. High ground is normally #1 priority. Shotguns even do surprisingly decent damage at mid-range. It's kinda dumb actually.

Buy Battlepass for $10 and work on challenges. It's on Week 5 right now, every week are new challenges until end of season. I believe it's 10 weeks max. So we're halfway into the season. (You can go back and do ALL weeks until the end of season, once the season is over you can no longer get this Season's Battlepass or Rewards that come with it)

Watch some streams, if you don't like Ninja then maybe try Dr. Lupo, he's older (30s), duo's with Ninja but acts slightly less silly and less loud. He's a decent player and you can watch Ninja at the same time. There are some other good streamers like the FaZe and TSM guys.

I would try to do more solo stuff than Squads. You learn faster as a solo. In Squads you RARELY get a decent team. Everytime I try Squads (just going in as a Solo Fill) it's a shitshow. No teamwork or coordination the majority of the time.

However... Players in Solos are typically better and all seem to be build gods. It makes you learn faster simply because you get your shit pushed in so much more. When I Squad now it's very noticeable that the skill level is lower. A lot of people need teammates to carry them.

Watch the Tournament tonight starting at 4PM EST. All the streamers will be streaming it. It's a 2v2 but all 4 players are 1 Squad. The goal is for each 2 player "team" to kill more players than the other. It's hilarious because it uses normal players like us as fodder. It's fast paced and ridiculous to watch. Normally the 4 players will have over 30 kills amongst them, meaning they kill over 1/3rd the lobby.... and they are in "pairs" most of the time. Funny as fuck.

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The biggest thing for me is this is probably the first FPS game online where I don't tilted over whatever happens. Probably due to there being no ELO or ratings system so who really gives a shit if you got your gun stolen on the drop and they shotgun your face? Just que up again. Also playing with friends you can just have some random crazy shit happen which you'll just laugh about. Last night one of my squad mates hit a team with a plunger bomb who proceeded to run to his team without knowing it was on him and he blew up two of his teammates as well. We were fucking laughing for the rest of the game.

Even now for Blitz showdown, I harbor no illusions of winning but my first 2-3 games I just got wrecked. I could care less.

Not sure how they pulled that off but you don't get any crazy ragers on comms or people trying to throw that you would at least pick up on.

Really it's just a smooth game with a somewhat bullshit build aspect to it but is fun.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If I get outplayed/outbuilt/outgunned, im good... but what can make me rage is when I'm 1-pumped randomly when I have 100/100.

I'm sure there will be some sort of ELO/MMR eventually, then let the raging commence! I'm glad they're taking their time with it though, and maybe it will never be added. idk. This Friday tourney would be a whole heck of a lot different if the matches were against tougher opponents across the board. A lot less kills, a lot slower pace. But would showcase skill more, so idk.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I have to tell my son to reign it in occasionally - I’ll play squads with him and his friends on PS4, their twitch skills are far better than mine (age 17 vs. almost 48, so yeah). He’ll rage over the one shot/hit through walls stuff.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja+Lupo vs Myth+Hamlinz just combined for 46 kills in their 2nd game lmao.

ValkyrieIATD

99.9% of the time I've raged in Fortnite, it was at myself due to my own fuckups. I've never felt like I got ganked unfairly due to bad coding (and I've died 1,000+ times).

There's a tricky little bug going around right now where as long as a tiny piece of your body is sticking through a new enemy construction, you can phase through it. I haven't experienced it but you'll see it pop up on big streamers.

The only time I've raged at another player was during a 50v50 match. I and a teammate dropped tower in Lonely. The fucker purposely knocked the floor out from under me. He stood over my DBNO and popcorn emoted until I bled out, then he stole all my loot. That was infuriating. We're on the same team, asshole!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if the phasing is a bug tbh, it's same as you phasing through your own stuff. You need to be fast to do it of course.

Posting a SS of my first 13 games in the Blitz Showdown.

Literally 1st game was a win lol. Couldn't repeat though... 1 elim to win not bad lol.

The 24/99 finish was a rough one. Started Haunted Hills, had a dude chase me all the way to Snobby where I then kill him... dude comes up from snobby and I kill him, another dude is up on mountain shooting down at me, I get away from that, then run into a 1x1 at the cabin in the woods outside Pleasant where a guy finishes me off lol.

Definitely wasn't prepared for that much action at the very beginning of the game on the outskirts.

1.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Great job!
Probably going to give this showdown a miss. Still pissed there wasn't any tracking on the last one so no idea how short I was in finishing but it must have been close

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, out and about with the family tonight and I saw some kid jumping around like all the emotes of this game...

I hesitate to say he was wearing "The Doc" sunglasses as well.

Just thought I'd share..lawl

ValkyrieIATD

The difference in player skill between the original Solo Blitz and the new Solo Blitz Showdown is pretty incredible. It's really shown me just how quickly the overall playerbase has improved in just a short amount of time. In the original Blitz, very rarely would you find anyone who could build competently. The final circle was usually just a mad dash shit-show. But now, everyone in late game seems to be incredibly accomplished builders. Every endgame is aggressive build-battles with an emphasis on blocking out players and microwaving them. The speed of the game makes it so that circle creepers are at a massive disadvantage (unlike the first Solo Showdown), and those that can build quickly, solidly and vertically (and can place launchpads quickly) have an enormous upper-hand.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
First game I died within 10 seconds of landing. Shotgun to the face
Second game I didn't even realize I was on a team. They died, I killed a couple, fun little round.
Third game I was teamed with a bunch of 12 year olds who called me "no skin" :(

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
First game I died within 10 seconds of landing. Shotgun to the face
Second game I didn't even realize I was on a team. They died, I killed a couple, fun little round.
Third game I was teamed with a bunch of 12 year olds who called me "no skin" :(
Yup, no skin = noob in this game..
You can get free Skin with Twitch Prime if you have Amazon Prime

And if you buy the Battle Pass you get access/can earn some skins

If you're in squad I wouldn't hesitate to mute. As soon as I hear a whiny kid or someone playing music, or talking about homework, etc.. insta-mute.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I came in 7th in my fourth game. Didn't go to my team. Didn't shoot a single bullet. Just stayed out of everyone's way like a creep.

Am I doing it wrong?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not really, no.

As far as the no skin, some of the people I play with do it as a way to throw off other players. I wouldn't always assume a no skin is just garbage though a lot of times they are.