Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Delly

Trakanon Raider
You mean the strategy that is interference with the other team? The majority of the time it wasn't indirect, it was purposeful.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I've won a lot of games on PS4. Here are some of my top tips (in order from start of match to Victory Royale)

1) Change your control scheme to Builder Pro. It's like putting a cheat code into the game.
2) Use the pre-match lobby to start planning your drop spot and pre-edit your building pieces. I like to change the roof to a more fort-friendly design.
3) Drop a minimum of 1 square away from your intended target and try to have your glider deploy over the lowest elevation possible. This will help you hit your drop target quickly.
4) Learn your chest/floor loot spawns at each location and develop a "loot route" to maximize your efficiency. Always try to target an initial drop spot that has the possibility of spawning 2-3 chests in a small area. Examples: The Lodge at Lonely Lodge, the main Church at Haunted Hills, the Disco at the depot northeast of Flush Factory, etc. This will drastically increase your chances of getting a strong starting weapon and shields.
5) Speaking of shields, ALWAYS drink shields as quickly as possible, ALWAYS try to have 100% shields, and ALWAYS try to have shields in your inventory.
6) And speaking of shields again, when considering what to hold in your inventory (given that you are at 100% shields already), the order is: Chug Jug > Small Shields > 50% Shields > Med Kits > Slurp Juices > Bandages
7) When in open ground, assume you will be shot. This will keep you on your toes, ready to build at a moment's notice. Run in zig-zag patterns and mix in jumps.
8) When you get shot, build. Train your brain to press "O" on PS4 and start building. Walls, ramps, roofs... doesn't matter. Anything is better than your naked ass standing around in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out where the bullets are coming from.
9) Use sound. If you're not playing with a decent set of surround headphones, you're doing yourself a massive disservice. 25% of my kills come from hearing my opponents before they hear me.
10) Learn to build a 1x1 quickly. That's 4 walls and a ramp in the middle. Spend a few matches just practicing.
11) Don't be afraid of the first few storms. Too many players freak out about the storm and end up under-equipped or in bad position after the initial storms close. Feel free to spend some time in the first and even second storm. I'll gladly trade 30-40 damage in exchange for the opportunity to loot additional chests. I'll take even more damage if I have healing.
12) Always seek high ground. And, as each new circle is defined, check your map for elevated locations near the center of that circle. You should make your way towards those locations and try to be the first one to reach the top. If the final few circles close on that spot, you have a significant advantage, especially if you're skilled at building.
13) Learn to push with ramps. It's the key difference between good players and great players. Always try to push a player that's in the process of building a fort. They are usually distracted and the sound of their own building will mask the sound of yours.
14) Rockets are king during end-game. Do not pass up the opportunity to grab a launcher.
15) When looting after a kill, build at least 2 walls. If you're going to stick out like a sore thumb, at least protect yourself a little bit.
16) Don't wait to get position in the final few circles. If you wait too long, other players will swoop in and claim the superior elevated territory.
17) In a 1v1 final, pressure is key. Never give your opponent an opportunity to breathe. If you have rockets, launch them. If you have a ton of AR ammo, never stop shooting. Rockets and bullets will slip through panic building. Harass, harass, harass. Constant pressure will cause players to make mistakes, and that will be your opportunity to strike. The only exception to this rule is if you're low on supplies, in which case the opposite is recommended -- be as sneaky and low-key as possible and pick your spot to strike very carefully.
18) Never stand still.

I could list a hundred more... which is probably why I love Fortnite so much. There's just so much depth of strategy here. I'm constantly learning new techniques and tricks to improve my game.

#
I've won a lot of games on PS4. Here are some of u're d list a hundred more... which is probably why I love Fortnite so much. There's just so much depth of strategy here. I'
I've won a lot of games on PS4. Here are some of my top tips (in order from start of match to Victory Royale)

1) Change your control scheme to Builder Pro. It's like putting a cheat code into the game.
2) Use the pre-match lobby to start planning your drop spot and pre-edit your building pieces. I like to change the roof to a more fort-friendly design.
3) Drop a minimum of 1 square away from your intended target and try to have your glider deploy over the lowest elevation possible. This will help you hit your drop target quickly.
4) Learn your chest/floor loot spawns at each location and develop a "loot route" to maximize your efficiency. Always try to target an initial drop spot that has the possibility of spawning 2-3 chests in a small area. Examples: The Lodge at Lonely Lodge, the main Church at Haunted Hills, the Disco at the depot northeast of Flush Factory, etc. This will drastically increase your chances of getting a strong starting weapon and shields.
5) Speaking of shields, ALWAYS drink shields as quickly as possible, ALWAYS try to have 100% shields, and ALWAYS try to have shields in your inventory.
6) And speaking of shields again, when considering what to hold in your inventory (given that you are at 100% shields already), the order is: Chug Jug > Small Shields > 50% Shields > Med Kits > Slurp Juices > Bandages
7) When in open ground, assume you will be shot. This will keep you on your toes, ready to build at a moment's notice. Run in zig-zag patterns and mix in jumps.
8) When you get shot, build. Train your brain to press "O" on PS4 and start building. Walls, ramps, roofs... doesn't matter. Anything is better than your naked ass standing around in the middle of nowhere trying to figure out where the bullets are coming from.
9) Use sound. If you're not playing with a decent set of surround headphones, you're doing yourself a massive disservice. 25% of my kills come from hearing my opponents before they hear me.
10) Learn to build a 1x1 quickly. That's 4 walls and a ramp in the middle. Spend a few matches just practicing.
11) Don't be afraid of the first few storms. Too many players freak out about the storm and end up under-equipped or in bad position after the initial storms close. Feel free to spend some time in the first and even second storm. I'll gladly trade 30-40 damage in exchange for the opportunity to loot additional chests. I'll take even more damage if I have healing.
12) Always seek high ground. And, as each new circle is defined, check your map for elevated locations near the center of that circle. You should make your way towards those locations and try to be the first one to reach the top. If the final few circles close on that spot, you have a significant advantage, especially if you're skilled at building.
13) Learn to push with ramps. It's the key difference between good players and great players. Always try to push a player that's in the process of building a fort. They are usually distracted and the sound of their own building will mask the sound of yours.
14) Rockets are king during end-game. Do not pass up the opportunity to grab a launcher.
15) When looting after a kill, build at least 2 walls. If you're going to stick out like a sore thumb, at least protect yourself a little bit.
16) Don't wait to get position in the final few circles. If you wait too long, other players will swoop in and claim the superior elevated territory.
17) In a 1v1 final, pressure is key. Never give your opponent an opportunity to breathe. If you have rockets, launch them. If you have a ton of AR ammo, never stop shooting. Rockets and bullets will slip through panic building. Harass, harass, harass. Constant pressure will cause players to make mistakes, and that will be your opportunity to strike. The only exception to this rule is if you're low on supplies, in which case the opposite is recommended -- be as sneaky and low-key as possible and pick your spot to strike very carefully.
18) Never stand still.

I could list a hundred more... which is probably why I love Fortnite so much. There's just so much depth of strategy here. I'm constantly learning new techniques and tricks to improve my game.

E Elidroth

New site sucks dick, sorry for the multiquote.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Epic Games Will Provide $100,000,000 for Fortnite Esports Tournament Prize Pools in the First Year of Competitive Play

EPIC GAMES WILL PROVIDE $100,000,000 FOR FORTNITE ESPORTS TOURNAMENT PRIZE POOLS IN THE FIRST YEAR OF COMPETITIVE PLAY

Fortnite Competitors!
Grab your gear, drop in and start training. Since the launch of Fortnite Battle Royale we’ve watched the passion for community competition grow and can’t wait to empower you to battle with the best.
In the 2018 - 2019 season, Epic Games will provide $100,000,000 to fund prize pools for Fortnite competitions. We’re getting behind competitive play in a big way, but our approach will be different - we plan to be more inclusive, and focused on the joy of playing and watching the game.
Stay tuned for more details about competitive structures and eligible platforms in the weeks ahead!

---

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well, at least we know how much they've made selling skins and battle passes. Crazy shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well, at least we know how much they've made selling skins and battle passes. Crazy shit.

$223 Million Revenue in March 2018

Crazy shit. Game is so mainstream. Probably going to see that number get larger before it gets smaller. $200m/mth is already a 2.4billion/yr game...
By Comparison, League of Legends made 2.1 billion in 2017 and is the #1 earner for games .

Edit: Also, this dawned on me earlier... how genius the FortNite item shop is. It's not the loot box system at all which might seem great, but what they do with these daily items is make it so if you're the type of person that loves cosmetics, they basically force you to open your wallet THAT DAY or else you never know when it'll be available again. It's crazy genius. It also makes the items semi-exclusive, which people love. I could easily see other games replicating this model.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That Ninja guy is really good at this game... his building game is strrroooooong.

Makes me realize how terrible I am rofl.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Solo Showdown leaderboards currently show the #1 player with 4881 points. That pretty much means he won 47 / 50 games. I can't even wrap my head around how ridiculous that is.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Solo Showdown leaderboards currently show the #1 player with 4881 points. That pretty much means he won 47 / 50 games. I can't even wrap my head around how ridiculous that is.

Yea that's really rediculous. I think it's more like 45 or 46 wins, but still. However, I believe I read somewhere that the top 3 were Console players, which kinda seems unfair that PC/Console are all intertwined. Because there's probably a lot less "good" console players.

I looked up the top 3:

vRxthless = XBOX player (97.62 avg)
https://fortnitemaster.com/profile/86767/vRxthless

Twitch 嬌兔 = PC player (97.04 avg)
https://fortnitemaster.com/profile/453429/Twitch 嬌兔

sugar.amatou = PS4 player (95.62 avg)
https://fortnitemaster.com/profile/199383/sugar.amatou

That 2nd place by a PC player though is very impressive.

4479pts for 100th, means you need to average 90pts a game or more for top 100 (probably will be higher after final update), so basically you need to be 1st-3rd all 50 games to make top 100.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
$223 Million Revenue in March 2018

Crazy shit. Game is so mainstream. Probably going to see that number get larger before it gets smaller. $200m/mth is already a 2.4billion/yr game...
By Comparison, League of Legends made 2.1 billion in 2017 and is the #1 earner for games .

Edit: Also, this dawned on me earlier... how genius the FortNite item shop is. It's not the loot box system at all which might seem great, but what they do with these daily items is make it so if you're the type of person that loves cosmetics, they basically force you to open your wallet THAT DAY or else you never know when it'll be available again. It's crazy genius. It also makes the items semi-exclusive, which people love. I could easily see other games replicating this model.

fucking mindblowing

edit: wow reading about the tencent buyout of grinding gear games and someone said they own 40% of epic, so a huge chunk of that fortnight mtx is heading to china.

Last edited:

Szlia

The N°1 PC player (currently ranked N°2 as we don't have the final ranking just yet) seems to be a former pro gamer from Taiwan that goes by the name ZRush (though his twitch account means something like Pretty Rabbit). The surprising thing is that his stats before the event were not that amazing. I checked one of his many wins in showdown and other than a start in an isolated area (which is the way to play that mode as you can't risk an early death) I found his play style surprisingly aggressive for such a great record over 50 games.

Now, in the same way the console and PC ecosystem are probably not equal (especially when you can play with mouse and keyboard on PS4), it's possible that the skill distribution is not similar in all regions. Also, the average skill level of opponents seem to vary depending on the time of day, so maybe ZRush hit the perfect storm of being very good in a region with not that many good players and scoring his wins at a favorable time of day. And he also needed to be a little lucky, because no matter how conservative you play, it's unlikely you will spend 50 solo games without getting shot by a pump or a bolt action that can potentially kill you in one hit!

The two streamers I followed who took part in the challenge ended with 4600ish points (Svennoss - possibly Top 50) and 4300ish points (Likandoo - probably 200 points shy of Top 100).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The N°1 PC player (currently ranked N°2 as we don't have the final ranking just yet) seems to be a former pro gamer from Taiwan that goes by the name ZRush (though his twitch account means something like Pretty Rabbit). The surprising thing is that his stats before the event were not that amazing. I checked one of his many wins in showdown and other than a start in an isolated area (which is the way to play that mode as you can't risk an early death) I found his play style surprisingly aggressive for such a great record over 50 games.

Now, in the same way the console and PC ecosystem are probably not equal (especially when you can play with mouse and keyboard on PS4), it's possible that the skill distribution is not similar in all regions. Also, the average skill level of opponents seem to vary depending on the time of day, so maybe ZRush hit the perfect storm of being very good in a region with not that many good players and scoring his wins at a favorable time of day. And he also needed to be a little lucky, because no matter how conservative you play, it's unlikely you will spend 50 solo games without getting shot by a pump or a bolt action that can potentially kill you in one hit!

The two streamers I followed who took part in the challenge ended with 4600ish points (Svennoss - possibly Top 50) and 4300ish points (Likandoo - probably 200 points shy of Top 100).
Yea I tuned into svennoss when he had won his 35th challenge game I believe. I didn't watch long but he's a great player always at the top

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda hope Epic doesn't try to create their own leagues like LoL and OW. I really enjoyed the Keemstar tournament and prefer they dont snuff out these independent competitions just cause they need exclusivity with players.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Getting 7 chests in the wailing woods is some bullshit.
Dropping in Day 1 of the challenges is always going to be some bullshit. But Wailing is probably the most bullshit of anywhere for sure.
I won't be dropping there today

Delly

Trakanon Raider
LUL trap kill after trap nerf. Also visiting the center of 3 circles in one match? Did they give an intern full reign of this week's challenges?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Getting 7 chests in the wailing woods is some bullshit.

It's not too bad actually. The renovated house to the NE and the big cat statue thing both count. 3 to 4 possible chests in those and I havent seen anyone else checking them yet.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's not too bad actually. The renovated house to the NE and the big cat statue thing both count. 3 to 4 possible chests in those and I havent seen anyone else checking them yet.

Oh shit, Faille coming on through!

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
One of the prior seasons had 7 Wailing Woods chests as a challenge... except there were only 4 chest spawns back then, with 3 in the center maze. It was absolute bullshit, but also absolute madness. 20+ people fighting over 3 chests every match. It took me close to 40 matches to finish that challenge.