Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

faille

Molten Core Raider
So after a shit tonne of matches trying to gimp the trap elimination, I actually managed to achieve it legitly. got in a firefight with someone ran around a corner and set it up and he ran after me right into the trap.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game does set up for some funny moments. I got into a situation where I was in a building and guy runs in and I throw a disco ball at him. Of course he also had a disco ball and threw it at me at the same time. We both dance then a third guy comes in and basically kills both of us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So after a shit tonne of matches trying to gimp the trap elimination, I actually managed to achieve it legitly. got in a firefight with someone ran around a corner and set it up and he ran after me right into the trap.

I see & get trap eliminations fairly frequently. Just need to land in Tilted usually.

Day before the update I was doing Squads and we went Dusty, my squad all die except me. I take out a 4 person squad by myself by putting a trap in a main hallway and baiting with footsteps. The first 2 kills were easy but the last 2 dudes started beating down the ceiling (trap was on ceiling) so I ran outside and killed them before they got me lol.

This was a highlight for the week for me as I can barely win the 1v1 atm. I really need to stop running towards people with shotguns lol.

Edit: (granted none were trap kills, but lol)
Kill 1: died earlier before my team dies
Kill 2: Kill 3 & 4:

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Shotgun damage is absolutely bonkers in this game. With 50 shield and full health I still get one shot by shotguns quite often.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Shotgun damage is absolutely bonkers in this game. With 50 shield and full health I still get one shot by shotguns quite often.

Blue Pump can 1-shot anyone even with 100/100. And yes, as a noob, I agree it should be nerfed. As well as double-pumping.

I literally about punched my computer monitor last night as I get 1-pumped when I had 100 health/shield and I KNEW the dude was sneaking in my house yet as soon as I see him and about to boogey him, I'm 1 pumped. I should have held my position and waited. Instead I was sneaking down a hall like an idiot and he sees me a quarter of a second sooner.

The way shotguns are atm, the random 1 pump is just unfun. Even if blue pump caps at 185 at least you get a chance to do SOMETHING (like in above case, I would throw boogey and MAYBE be able to finish him).

Secondly, double-pumping is everywhere and just feels broken, literally 2x shotgun fires in less than 1 second. If you aren't skilled in the tactic then you just rolled by anyone doing it. It's something I'm trying to learn but add that to building and it's a bit overwhelming. Eventually maybe I'll get it all down though. I do think the strategy pushes out other viable options. Like Heavy Shotgun isn't used over the Pump shotgun, which seems wrong. And now you dedicate 2 slots to shotguns, which also seems wrong. And you also have a much higher chance to get 1-shot in fights now, which also feels wrong.

I came to a conclusion last night to basically never try to enter a close quarter battle. My problem has been being fairly aggressive, which seems to mostly end with a pump to the head.

---

Also, this was such a close trap kill, if I land 1 SMG hit before he hits it lol :

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Blue Pump can only do 200dmg on a head shot which depending on your skill can be pretty easy or not. Pretty sure they nerfed the double pump a couple of updates ago. You can't switch from one pump to the next and fire twice in quick succession like you used to. I think you can still do it with a pump and tactical but the damage output is way lower.

For someone with not great aim I'm finding the boost to SMG's nice and if I can get my hands on a purple LMG I'll pull that out after the initial shot gun exchange as you can just mow down people really quickly.

The jet pack's are pretty cool but I find your a bit of a sitting duck after the initial surprise.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Blue Pump can only do 200dmg on a head shot which depending on your skill can be pretty easy or not. Pretty sure they nerfed the double pump a couple of updates ago. You can't switch from one pump to the next and fire twice in quick succession like you used to. I think you can still do it with a pump and tactical but the damage output is way lower.

For someone with not great aim I'm finding the boost to SMG's nice and if I can get my hands on a purple LMG I'll pull that out after the initial shot gun exchange as you can just mow down people really quickly.

The jet pack's are pretty cool but I find your a bit of a sitting duck after the initial surprise.

Double pump is back, everyone's using it.

It's not as strong as before, but it's still good.

And yea, the 200dmg is a headshot of course, but blue pump still gets you there, and headshots aren't that hard in close quarter combat. My example was in a house.. i was actually above him and he still gets the headshot, he was sneaking crouched up stairs and i was in hallway above him.

Building above and shooting down at people usually gurantees headshots too

Edit: For example, here's the first Ninja double-pump I could find. Less than 1 second to fire 2 shots.

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm finding solid gold ends up in a AR/Sniper battle as the shotguns are so few. Fun for a while but then get's a bit old. Makes me think they need a gold SMG at some point.

Szlia

Now that there are some custom games available, I have seen some competitive squad games. I am not sure if it was a consequence of having only good teams and/or starting with only 48 people (it was a kind of qualification event), but it felt like a totally different game. It was extremely claustrophobic as most of the games were spent inside giant bases and all ended with the circle literally closing on 30+ people playing a deadly game of cat and mouse in a gigantic player made maze-tower. Crazy, but not very satisfying for me as a spectator.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
FortNite last evening was some of the most fun for me, had a nice 6 game streak at 3.0 KD

2nd (6kill)
5th (2kill)
10th (1kill)
2nd (3kill)
3rd (5kill)
4th (1kill)

18 kills / 6 games

Then I took a break came back and had a bunch of duds until I ended with another 2nd place game (3 kills).

I made an 8 video collection of some of the more "interesting" parts of last night.

A few snipes which I only highlight because sniping is so satisfying, but also because I was struggling with the bullet drop/aim and I finally hit more than 1 snipe last night. Longest at 181m.
Clip 2 was a big build battle for 1st where I lost but damn, if i just had better aim (and just never got above him, probably needed to build more)
Clip 6 is an embarrassing random suicide to finish 2nd.
Clip 7 was for the lols, I died soon after to get 3rd
Clip 8 was the final game of the night, I just get outgunned & outplayed

May 29th Video Collection

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The shopping cart is kind of hilarious. You can certainly move faster on the map but not all that much faster. Just some of the shit you can pull off if you have someone riding it in, they can build up ramp after ramp and you go pretty quick in those instances. The pusher is a sitting duck though, probably half my kills tonight were just from shooting at people pushing carts.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't use the cart at all, but it has been hilarious watching some of the stuff on streams/clips.

They don't seem too practical, I guess you go slightly faster, and a LOT faster down hills. Also can use rocket launcher to propel forward. So maybe in certain instances they would be useful. idk.

I do think it's another brilliant addition to the game. The fact they are *maybe* useful and definitely not OP just means it should be an item that sticks around. For example: Dropping far away but near a shopping cart may allow a player to loot longer knowing they could out-run the first storm.

I only played Blitz Solos last night. Fun mode. I will probably crank out more tonight. It is helping me in 1v1 build fights and late game. Gathering resources is less of a chore so I can enter build fights faster and since games are shorter I can get to late game faster and work out strats there. I did win 1 game due to the Storm killing last 2.

Mushrooms are kinda crazy. Found a ton on the outskirts. Might mean a lot more players dropping on the edges. Found them around the crater between Pleasant & Snobby, in Moisty, and between GUS & Mansion. In some cases I was able to get 100 shield. (Moisty).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
UMG Friday 20K tournament tomorrow's brackets:
UMG Online

Tomorrow's tournament will be done in Blitz Squads Mode

I see Aimbotcalvin from OW in this week duo with Kingrichard
Ninja is with Lupo instead of Kingrichard

I haven't seen Aimbotcalvin in this game yet, but kingrichard has impressed. Should be fun to watch.

This is by far my favorite streamed gaming tournament on twitch to date.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
they need a mode where you start with X amount of building resources, and you cant farm anymore or pick anymore up from dead players
GATTA GO FAST

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I almost feel bad for streamers:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I almost feel bad for streamers:

I fucking hate these spoiled rich fucks. Whining to burger flippers and the like about how much they're tired of being millionaires playing video games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
UMG Friday 20K tournament tomorrow's brackets:
UMG Online

Tomorrow's tournament will be done in Blitz Squads Mode

I see Aimbotcalvin from OW in this week duo with Kingrichard
Ninja is with Lupo instead of Kingrichard

I haven't seen Aimbotcalvin in this game yet, but kingrichard has impressed. Should be fun to watch.

This is by far my favorite streamed gaming tournament on twitch to date.
I saw this last week with Nick Eh 30 (streams on youtube not twitch), was really entertaining but some of the players were absolute cunts and just followed him around to kill steal, very frustrating to watch. One even tried to steal healing items being transferred or open his build while healing to expose him to enemies. Luckily the ones I saw all lost.

Nick Eh 30 and One Shot Gurl are really entertaining to watch, very positive personalities and not seen them rage or complain once. They have amazing team work, I just wish they would get together, they would be a cute couple.

Nick Eh 30 is an amazing builder, some of his edits are insane.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Nintendo Switch will get FortNite
Pretty crazy how Epic is the first studio I've seen take full advantage of their popularity and not squander it.

Remember BR mode was a tack-on to the base game.

Every Console, Every mobile device, PC... it's a fucking First Person Shooter game + Minecraft that is being ported onto every single device.

You'd think with the amount of controls/keys required it'd be near impossible to do.

Makes me think the MOBA genre missed the ball not porting to Mobile/Consoles. They only use 4-5 buttons+movements.

I really love what Epic are doing. They are a great studio, have made some great games and a great engine. Very happy they have an uber successful game they can really put all that talent to use on.