Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Most people can't build an insta base out of nowhere and what separates the skill levels, you certainly don't run into it every game. Most people just build cover if they are out in the open and that's it. I've taken to making sure I have some type of explosive on me at all times as well. Once they really build up you can get a lot of kills just through fall damage by knocking out the base of the structure. C4 is especially nice.

Anyway, this next patch better have a voice chat fix.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't care for the INSTANT BASE OUTTA NOWHERE building mechanics.

That's just me.

The way I read these statements is that you just want to play any other FPS game and not FortNite.
Base building is why it's so much more strategic, fast paced, and exciting.
With how fast gunfire occurs, you can't slow down base building, it'd be worthless.

The meta right now is mostly guns that can get through structures quickly. SMG & Drum Gun can bust through walls really fast, often times making the builder waste most/all of their resources, or enough bullets squeak through that they eventually die.

Also you have C4 which is OP as hell and you have bounce pads that make falling safe and can get you up/down structures fast enough to counter a lot of builds.

Making Building slower would just force the game to be slower and more of a camp-fest as you need to pre-plan structs earlier and not take as many risks out in the open.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Not trolling at all here or trying to shit on those who enjoy it. Have played this game and can't understand the hype whatsoever. Is this a social phenomenon that's occurring or am I just the sole shitlord who doesn't get this game genre? You know, Fortnite is right place, right time, and because Ninja somehow garnered 100k+ viewers, it's forced every other streamer to get on board & ride the wave? What keeps you guys invested? Srs question. Also are you solo playing for the most part or queuing w/ buddies?
Pretty much I'm the same way. Downloaded the game the other night after not playing a few weeks after when it released as SP only. After a couple games, pretty much disinterested me real quick. Build aspect is just a big turn off for me personally, even though I can see why others like it so much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patch day, lots of changes.
Fortnite's 1st Birthday.

v5.10 Patch Notes

Massive change to structures & circles:
The biggest stuff in the update imo:

----------------

GAMEPLAY
  • Changes to building materials.
    • Wood wall starting health to 80 from 100.
    • Stone wall starting health to 80 from 90.
    • Wood wall max health to 150 from 200.
    • Metal wall max health to 500 from 400.
    • Metal build time to 25s from 20s.
  • Storm Circle changes.
    • Safezone 2 wait time to 120 from 150.
    • Safezone 2 shrink time to 120 from 90.
    • Safezone 4 wait time to 90 from 120.
    • Safezone 6 wait time to 60 from 90.
    • Safezone 7 wait time to 45 from 60.
    • Safezone 8 wait time to 30 from 60.
    • Safezone 9 wait time to 30 from 45.
    • Added moving circle to Safezone 6.
  • Added "Sprint By Default" option, when enabled this makes sprint the default movement. The sprint key will now be used to transition into walking.
  • Newly-placed building pieces will now appear in a different color while players are still overlapping the structure.
  • Improved handling of collision when building pieces are placed right on top of a player. It's much more likely for players to be moved outside of newly-placed structures.
-----------------

All walls have the same starting health now (80). So Wood is no longer the strongest material. It's also a lot weaker fully built. I can see a lot more brick/metal prioritizing now. With the new SMG meta its going to be harder to spam walls and stay safe. Good change for people that hate insta-forts, because now you can shoot through even easier. Also tearing them down is easier (if wood). This is a MASSIVE change to the meta.

Storm circle changes seem to highlight a faster paced game, not sure on the math exactly. But looks like they're shaving about a minute or 2 off the average game times, except that with more aggressive wait times, more players are going to find themselves caught in the storm more too, so that'll also speed up play. Landing decisions might be more strategic now, though I doubt it due to Rifts. They're still OP for quick travel, also the Kart.

Moving circle starting at #6 is nice, I actually love the moving circle and have won a few games from them already. People just don't plan around them well enough during end game.

"Sprint by Default" is going to be AMAZING.. holy shit, can't wait to turn that on. Fuck yes!

Improved collision for built structures + different color are also HUGE for build battles. Less phasing through structures, a big big big community wish list item. We'll see how it plays out, but sounds good overall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Anyonr know if it would require 3 separate purchases for me to be able to play Save the World with my kids?

Currently we play battlefield Royale together, they are on their Switches and I'm on my Xbox. I could stomach $20, but probably not $60.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anyonr know if it would require 3 separate purchases for me to be able to play Save the World with my kids?

Currently we play battlefield Royale together, they are on their Switches and I'm on my Xbox. I could stomach $20, but probably not $60.
Yes you would need 3 purchases... but it'll probably go free eventually, maybe soon? The 1st birthday is awarding founders with skins, once it's over maybe it becomes free..Idk though.

Game has been "early access" for a year now

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They finally fixed voice chat but now that's off-set by the shittiness of the new p90. Holy fuck that thing is OP.

rad

Lord of Guk

Worth it if you want a good zombie/TD mode with it being half off. Bunch of goodies which end up paying for itself and solid way to earn vbucks.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Quick question, my kid's want this on their Switches do I have to set up Microsoft accounts for each of them to be able to play? I already have my own account on the PC.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Quick question, my kid's want this on their Switches do I have to set up Microsoft accounts for each of them to be able to play? I already have my own account on the PC.

I think you just need Epic accounts. Then you link the Epic account to whatever platform you play on.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
u have to attach ur switch account to an epic account so probably need two switch accounts? and two epic accounts

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ok I will try that, I hope it works with nintendo child accounts under my parent account.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I log in to knock out 2 quests (get top 50 & 25 in solos)... end up with a 10 kill win hah. Haven't been playing as much the past few days, kinda just doing 2-3 matches a night now instead of 10-12 like the past few months. Fun game but kinda burnt myself out, so sticking to 30mins a day atm, and more Squads.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So 5 kids just won 6 digits from tournament today, top kid won $250k. Top 20 were all 10k+ bottom 80 won 5k ea..
Was a fun tournament to watch.

Fortnite Summer Skirmish Series
The web results doesn't add $25K from a victory royale.. So top guy is 225k + 25k

Winner was pretty humble, had a victory royale and most elims (20)
Dude just goes to pax hoping to qualify and make 5k... walks away with a quarter mil

• 2Like

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
With this season coming to a close, I've put together another Sniper montage. I play sticks on PS4, so sniping isn't easy, but these are some of my best over the past 6 months.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users