Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Searched for this and didn't find it, sorry if it's a repost.

Fortnite - Epic Games
Currently in Alpha

A friend sent me an alpha invite, and I was wondering if anyone else from the Rerolled family was already playing?
It's pretty and fun, but a bit complex and clunky for a beginner. I'm just barely getting started, but I think it could be really cool.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts, just please keep it NDA appropriate!

Gameplay Trailer:

Defending the Fort (Gameplay) - Director's Cut

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
A lot of NDAs specify you can't even say you have access. I'm not sure if this one does also. I can say I don't have access but have signed up to request an invite. Otherwise I've been playing a lot of ARK lately and think I'd enjoy this game too.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
A lot of NDAs specify you can't even say you have access. I'm not sure if this one does also. I can say I don't have access but have signed up to request an invite. Otherwise I've been playing a lot of ARK lately and think I'd enjoy this game too.
hmm... if thats the case, then feel free to nuke this post, AMOD!

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
LOL, I love how the dude is wacking down trees in a few hits but has to open the door normally....I wanna be able to go Jack Nicholson The Shining on doors!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
LOL, I love how the dude is wacking down trees in a few hits but has to open the door normally....I wanna be able to go Jack Nicholson The Shining on doors!
I believe you can.
wink.png

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Looks fun, signed up for an invite.

Edit: Just read the facebook and wow. People claiming the game was supposed to come out years ago, people who've been signed up for years without keys still, and lots of concerns that the devs are ignoring/abandoned the community. My expectations have been slightly lowered.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Looks fun, signed up for an invite.

Edit: Just read the facebook and wow. People claiming the game was supposed to come out years ago, people who've been signed up for years without keys still, and lots of concerns that the devs are ignoring/abandoned the community. My expectations have been slightly lowered.
This is entirely untrue. Can't say much more but I just gave out two additional keys that were on my account and plan to give out more as I get them.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Well that's good then, as the picture everyone seemed to be painting there was pretty bleak

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've been waiting for this since the first announcement years ago. I'll just say that its really fun, but has some serious pay 2 win aspects. So much so that I may not play due to it. Its rather disappointing that they went this route because the gameplay is fantastic.

Once that NDA drops I'll go more into it, but honestly if I got banned from the game for this post then that only confirms my concerns.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I know a lot of people complain about pay to win but lets be honest all online games have some gimmick to get your money, at the end of the day I go into any game knowing somehow some way I'm going to be shilling out some cash.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How long has this thing been in alpha for?
I believe what happened was there was an alpha or sme early in company testing and it caused them to go back to the drawing board for a couple years and revamp the title quite a bit to try and make the experience more compelling.

Could be wrong but if memory serves me correctly it was something along those lines.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Getting money if fine. Unfortunately its like a cell phone game monitization but for PC.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fuck the pay to play model. Nothing turns me off of a game faster than microtransactions.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just heard about this. Looks fun. Shame it was in the best upcoming games from 2013.

Sheesh

It does look fun though

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like it's coming out in July.

I thought it looked neat until seeing this thread. Geez.
That 2015 necro.
Fortnite was first revealed by Epic on December 10, 2011 during the Spike Video Game Awards
holy shit.

An alpha version of the game was announced and was available starting from December 2 until December 19, 2014.[16][17] A Mac version was demoed at WWDC 2015 on June 8, 2015. An OS X version will be available for Beta in the third or the fourth quarter of 2015.[18] The game will enter a paid early access period across Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One systems starting on July 25, 2017; the final game will be free-to-play with an expected 2018 release
just wow.

current vids DO look interesting though. but wow.