Fortnite - Epic Games - Team Survival/Strategy/Crafting/Combat

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I came in 7th in my fourth game. Didn't go to my team. Didn't shoot a single bullet. Just stayed out of everyone's way like a creep.

Am I doing it wrong?

I know you're not asking a serious question but how do you not fire a single bullet? Died to sniper or storm?
And did you get 7th as your team finish or there were 7 left alive?

You may as well just do solos if you want to play the sneaky game, it's easy to get top 10 almost every time by hiding.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
12 games last night, 25 kills. Over 2 KD.

Compared to 0.5 KD in my first couple weeks.

Did ok here, was my best start, shit guns and no build materials but what pisses me off most is I forgot about the shield potions and died 2mins later. 75 shield sitting there and I run away, fuck!

Szlia

You can consistently finish Top 10 playing the sneaking game. It is almost impossible to win that way though. More importantly, it does not allow you to learn the skills needed to actually win.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Game is so fun when you can do well. 14 kills in my final 2 games last night. A 9 kill loss (6th) and a 5 kill win.
Such a satisfying win, lots of building and tight circle at the end. Was 3 remaining for so long. I was the only 1 being shot at it seemed like.
Clipped the final 5 minutes. Nothing crazy fancy other than at least 1 critical wall block vs a rocket.

Also final 20 seconds slowed down, looks cool and different angles. No idea why the guy jumped from high groud tbh. It almost worked, he landed a rocket for 125 damage, but luckily I was able to pull it off from the low spot.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Showdown results: Blitz Showdown

Top NA: 3052 (122/gm)
100th: 2648 (106/gm)
1000th: 2274 (91/gm)

Asia had the top player at 3138 (125.5/gm)

So the 3k+ winners basically had to win every single game (2500), plus average 7+ kills per game.

I calculated my personal results at 1994 (80/gm)
First half were decent then I had a few really bad ones that tanked my average.

I was averaging 88pts/gm my first 13 then dropped to the 80/gm after my last 12.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Edit:

Pump Shotgun goes from doing max of 225/237 damage (headshot green/blue) to doing 160/170. No more getting 1-pumped if full shield. Still can get 1-pumped if you only have 150 health though, which is common. But at least the 200 insta is gone.

Tactical goes from 167/175/185 to 134/140/148

Pretty big damage nerfs for both guns. 150+ is a safe zone vs Tact.

Double-Pump or Pump/Tact will still be viable, maybe more viable than ever. Because now you NEED the double shots to make sure you kill. The damage nerf does mean the Heavy Shotgun is actually better now.

Assuming the Heavy has the 2.5 modifier, it can do 184/193. So the Heavy now beats out Pump and Tac

Shotgun meta isn't going away, double-pump maybe isn't as prevalent, but will still be very strong, you'll see Heavy in there more often, maybe double-heavy if you find 2. But at least you can't get 1-shot by a pump anymore.

Trap damage increase is insane. I'm not too happy about it tbh.

Jetpack going in the vault is good. It's very strong and eliminates a major portion of the game (building). I love it when i have it myself. I hate fighting against it. It makes fights so lopsided.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
llama nerf doesn't bother me but it also doesn't seem necessary.
If it's just a mats nerf than it's not too bad. You still get 600 mats but what I like is the influx of rockets, which seem really hard to stock up on otherwise.
1500 mats may have been a touch much, especially the 500 metal.
Maybe they should leave it 500 wood and do 350 stone, 200 metal, or something.

What's nice is they keep adjusting stuff, I like that. The trap changes got me 2 kills last night lol. I don't necessarily want them to stay 150 damage, but now I'm more cognizant about using them... and looking for them.

I played Blitz all night, love that mode. 15min games are so nice.

Ran into so many double-pumps last night, and I haven't perfected the technique... at all. I'll probably practice it tonight, it's time I stop handicapping myself.
Preferably I want it nerfed. Makes absolutely no sense that switching weapons allows you to shoot faster.
Sure, it's more skill intensive, but it's just stupid. Good players will still be good without the technique.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I find everyone else's ability to just shit out a massive tower in seconds very intimidating.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I find everyone else's ability to just shit out a massive tower in seconds very intimidating.

If you're ready to practice building, go to Moisty, stock up on wood (trees give most in moisty, like 100/tree), and practice building 1x1 structure.
(since I had purchased the base game, I did some practice in the PvE mode)

Make sure turbo mode is on, I believe it's on by default... (holding down mouse-button will auto-place the structures, don't need to individually click)
Rebind the build keys to something more comfortable
Remove the rotate binding, or put it somewhere you won't accidentally hit , by default it's on R... if you try to reload in build mode you're going to flip your walls/stairs etc by accident.

I moved my build keys to Tab, Q and E... I've also seen people use Z, X, C... Ninja has them bound to his mouse keys.
I keep Pyramid on F4, if I really want it I'll mouse wheel to it.
I completely unbound rotate, don't need it except for downward ramps... you can preset pyramid to downward ramp if you want.
I've kept my Edit key on G.

It's really not hard to get a super-structure built once you have the muscle memory down and turbo mode is on.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't get the complaining on the changes sans the trap change which I do find ridiculous.

Aside from that, anything that changes up the meta that allows for more gun variation is good. I do think they need to introduce more items as well, the FAMAS was a good step. For me it would be some purple and gold explosive items.

As far a build battles, the biggest thing is staying calm and not feeling defeated right from the get go. Keep track of where your opponent is and remember that while building they cannot shoot at you.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm just going to get into this now mainly because a new neighbor of mine I became friends with is actually a developer on the game. It's cool to see how into it someone who works on it is up close.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Just an FYI...Fortnite is NOW available on the Nintendo Switch. voice chat- no phone needed ,,,no cross play with ps4 though.

clarified the no ps4 bit :/ sorry missed that part

Last edited:

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Sony is the sole hold out, but public pressure is high for them to change course.

Szlia

PS4 can crossplay with PC. I see it all the time. The PS4 player needs to be invited with a PC playing friend or something though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Sony being a bunch of cucks. You already have some of the best exclusives aside from Nintendo. At least everyone can play with PC but its stupid.

Here is hoping Sony gets a ton of negative feedback, which already appears to be taking place on Reddit/Twitter/news articles.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
PS4 can crossplay with PC. I see it all the time. The PS4 player needs to be invited with a PC playing friend or something though.

Right, PS4 can match with PC players or other PS4 players only. PC/Xbox/Mobile/Switch is can all match with each other.