Forza Horizon 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've been tempted to pick this up, even though I don't really like racing games too much normally. The only thing that puts me off is how expensive it is, and I'm not sure I'll actually like it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm not very fond of racing games either, normally, but this is probably the best racer I've played since the old GT games on PS2/3. It's really just fun - got a Koenigsegg Agera RS last night, and it has 10 speed. What is funner than trucking up to 275mpd off a fucking cliff?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
get a 14 day xbox gamepass trial and you can play the game for free for 2 weeks, $5-10 more gives you 30 more days. if you like it, upgrade to ultimate its worth the extra perks - VIP alone gets you over $8m in credits, which isn't a crazy amount but nice to have off the bat.

$5m free lakehouse plus you get like 8 Drift edition cars, each of which has a perk in car mastery that gives you free 300k credits

You can get gamepass here or on the xbox console. If its on PC make sure its on the windows login you are gonna use for everything and for any future xbox console you buy, while you can log in to windows with one account and use a different account for the W10 store (thats what I do) its kind of a pain in the ass
Xbox Game Pass | Xbox

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone gets the Formula Drift cars, but VIP does come with 3 FE cars (a Pagani Zonda R, some Nissan truck, and a stupid van). And double credits from races, which everyone says is a big downgrade from it doubling credits from spins in FH3.

So.... season changed to autumn this morning, and with it the price for spins went up from 10 to 40 FP. WTF? If Forzathon point farming is a waste of time now, then VIP was a waste of money.

Regarding my network problem, I've narrowed it down a bit but it still doesn't make any damn sense. My settings in the Xbox app look fine, and I confirmed that their Teredo ipv6 tunnel shit was installed and working too. I can run the game and get into an online session but eventually something happens and I'm disconnected and then it's completely impossible to connect to anyone again until I shut the game down and restart it. Most people seem to be having Teredo problems--which have plagued every Forza game and everything else MS has ported from XB1 to PC that has MP--and can't connect at all, but it's not that simple for me I guess. No idea about my audio problems either. USB headset is 100% fail, and the crashing problem I had yesterday was solved by ensuring that the game can have exclusive access to the playback device at launch (i.e. no leaving, say, a Mixer video in the background farming influence even if the damn thing is muted).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I can never find an online game to play in. It sucks. :( I want to try infected and posts all over the Internet are very pissed about how they fucked online multiplayer compared to horizon 3. :(

Vorph

Anyone seen a list of cars that have particularly good skill grids? There's the Formula Drift ones of course, but besides that. I know the Lamborghini Miura has another car as reward, and I just noticed my Alfa Romeo 8C and Nissan Skyline 2000GT '73 have the same exact grid as the drift cars so that's another 600k to collect. Edit: MGB GT has 300k, 2 influence, and 1 spin. Nissan GT-R '73 has 300k, 2 spins, 2 influence. Noble M600 has 2 spins, 2 inf., and 200k.

Cars with a 3 spin/2-3 influence layout: Ford RS200 Evolution '85, Ford Rockstar F-150, Audi Sport Quattro '83, Nissan Titan FE, Nissan GT-R '95, Pagani Zonda R FE, Porsche 959, Subaru 22B STI (+30k credits)

Cars with 200k/2 spins/2 influence: Jaguar XJ220, Maserati 8CTF (second inf not really worth it), Triumph Spitfire

So I can never find an online game to play in. It sucks. :( I want to try infected and posts all over the Internet are very pissed about how they fucked online multiplayer compared to horizon 3. :(
I stopped being salty about online being busted for me after seeing what they did to Forzathon points today. Still wish I could get it to work consistently just because I hate Drivatards, and I'm a bit angry about wasting money on VIP that is now irrelevant unless they revert the retarded change, but it's not the end of the world anymore.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I hear ya but still. Infected mode and capture the flag with cars is awesome and they completely broke multiplayer and now also his team BS where you cannot even race head to head against others because that isn’t working either. Only thing that works is team adventure. And if you win a race and your team sucks you lose as a team anyway.

Vorph

When you download someone else's tune does it include the in-depth tuning settings too, or is it only a set of parts? I grabbed one for my '18 Cayenne to use for the autumn A-800 Sport Utility Heroes event and it's fucking awful to drive and completely unsuited for the first race around the quarry. Not sure if it's a bad choice of upgrade parts, bad tuning settings (if those are included), or if I should have picked a different SUV. The Cayenne seemed like it should be the best though, and I wanted to use it just because it's a pretty rare wheelspin-only car.

Getting a bit bored with the game, and sooner than I expected. On top of the small annoyances that really add up over time like not being able to stay connected online so that Drivatards (and usually all traffic) are gone, the wheelspin price increase, terrible engine/exhaust sound for most cars, etc. I also haven't felt like doing actual racing in a couple days after realizing that the different AI skill settings really just come down to "how much do you want them to cheat?" Not looking forward to winter either, driving in snow/ice is the complete opposite of fun in both RL and a game.

spronk

FPS noob
tunes are the full package of parts + config but yeah it varies wildly from tune to tune, just try a different one. Once you use a tune that "buys" expensive parts a different tune that uses the same parts won't charge extra for those parts, so they tend to get cheaper or even free.

and yeah i'm kinda bored of the game now too after a week, there does feel like there is a disconnect between what you do and the rewards and I really don't enjoy the setting that much. the scotland part is kinda cool but the rest of the map is pretty boring. I wish they had put it somewhere in Japan or China or Brazil, but I guess they are saving that for FH5 or Forza Online or whatever.

FH3 lasted a little longer for me since it was so cool running all over australia but even then after a while it basically boiled down to me logging in every weekend to run forzathon events to get free shit, that is very disconnected here though since you can rack up so many forzathon points just running the hourly trivial events (can even just AFK during them), I'm at like 800 FT points and have nothing to spend it on except wheelspins which i don't care about. Decoupling events from instant actual prizes for forzathon was a mistake, the whole forzathon shop feels like a microtransaction thing rather than a good idea.

Really the perfect gamepass game, but questionable whether its worth plunking down real money for. i'm glad I got the ultimate disc edition, now i can trade in my disc and keep the VIP/pass stuff while playing the gamepass version

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah wish I would have done that but I would be having a much better time if they would have had PvP races, infections, and all those cool multiplayer game types cross server. What the fuck were they thinking. How the hell will I get 12 people out of 20 all doing their own thing to go to ONE segment of the map to play one game type. It’s fucking ridiculous. And the fact that happened along with not having solo adventure mode is flat out one of the most retarded decisions I have ever seen.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've enjoyed the little bit that I've played as a good looking arcade racing game, but there's no way that I'm keeping the gamepass going to keep playing it. I haven't even unlocked spring yet and I already feel the pressure of the grind that would be ahead of me if I wanted to play. The spin roulette full of random bullshit like emotes, and the price of cars compared to what I'm currently earning just feels really out of whack. I would already have to grind just to buy a car for some of the races if I hadn't won 250k on a spin. Fuck RNG rewards.

Game does look rather damn nice on true 4k max settings with HDR though, and that alone almost tempted me to buy it just to play once in a while for some brainless fun.

Vorph

Yeah, it's really fucked up that the best way to get credits is from spins. Even with VIP giving 2x from race rewards the amount you get is pathetic when there's 30M+ needed for all the houses, as well as a huge amount of multimillion credit cars. Even those cars really should be gotten from spins, there's no way in hell I'd ever have gotten something like the 10M credit Maserati if I hadn't landed it on a spin.

Now that spins cost 4x what they did from Forzathon, the grind is horrific. I have better things to do than drive all over the beach like a crazy person in a +skill FE car (~5k influence and 10 skill points every ~2 minutes, which is by far the best way to progress).

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
There is a house north of Moorhead called Fairlawn Manor for 2 million credits that gives you the ability to fast travel anywhere on the map plus 10 super wheelspins. I was able to make back about 1.6 from the wheel spins plus some cars and emotes. One thing I've found that is retarded is the forzathon live events don't scale to the number of players participating. Got into one where it was just me and another guy and there was no chance of finishing all three rounds when the first round required 3 million drift points.

spronk

FPS noob
Forza 7 had huge multiplayer issues at launch, it took them about six months but they really improved it massively and its pretty fun now (albeit circuit racing still), especially the ghost racing stuff where you can compete for leaderboards. I'd guess in 4-6 months FH4 gets a massive PVP update too, right now FH3 is a way better PVP game in every aspect so its a bit weird the game devolved so much. Still, I've never been a huge MP guy for these games, I just like fucking around on my own doing random shit.

Credits roll in pretty easy, there isn't much of a point car whoring since they keep adding new cars every month. Just find a dozen cars you love and thats all you really need. I made 8m credits this past week just playing the auction house buying BMW FE cars and reselling them for 2x, although the market seems to have been flooded with copycats now. Be sure to login to the forza rewards sites every friday, its free 300k welfare credits for me which adds up over time.

spronk

FPS noob
I stopped being salty about online being busted for me after seeing what they did to Forzathon points today. Still wish I could get it to work consistently just because I hate Drivatards, and I'm a bit angry about wasting money on VIP that is now irrelevant unless they revert the retarded change, but it's not the end of the world anymore.

btw I was having problems with my xbox app on W10 showing errors in the network tab, and I did what an online poster in the forza forums suggested

run services
go to IP helper
restart the service
go to Xbox Live Networking Service
restart it

and that fixed the error for me, I haven't had many issues connecting with the forza servers so dunno if I really fixed anything but it shows the network as Ok now in the xbox app.

spronk

FPS noob
why i love playing multiplayer games at launch. there are (at least) two great glitches right now.

First, if you run a multiplayer goliath race, and the other team quits, the team that doesn't quit auto wins and gets 5m credits and 2m XP. Just get a friend and run it over and over with one person quitting each time until each of you have 50m or whatever you want. You have to be level 20 road racing to unlock goliath, so i'm working on that now

second, you can get 5x however many you want super wheel spins by following this method. You do need to own VIP (Ultimate) however.

tl;dr on xb1:
close FH4
go offline in network settings
uninstall VIP (game addons for FH4)
run FH4
fast travel to lake house
go back online
re-install VIP
re-buy lake house (free, but also gives you 5 more super-spins)
close FH4, rinse and repeat. when you are ready just open up all the free superspins

I did it for 15 mins and got 20 extra superspins so works fine on Xbox One X, it probably would work fine on PC too but I wouldn't really trust Windows 10 enough to keep the game stable if you constantly uninstall/reinstall a DLC like that, probably reformat your PC or some shit.

• 2Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice find Spronk!

The PC version seems to be bit different.

TL:DR PC version

Close FH4
Uninstall VIP (from FH4 app settings)
Run FH4 (You need internet connection to start FH4 before you disconnect)
Load the game
Exit
Run FH4 again (You need internet connection to start before you disconnect)
Fast travel to Lake House
Tab out, install VIP package from marketplace
Tab back to FH4, buy the lake house
Exit FH4

spronk

FPS noob
i actually solo'd the goliath glitch by cross playing with myself lol. loaded up FH4 on my PC on my main account and then created a new xbox account on my X and logged in with that, since i guess its my "home console" it lets me play as new users and still gives me gold, VIP, etc? Its weird but whatever. Took about an hour to level up from 0 to getting into horizon life, then I was able to run any race between my two accounts (PC <> XB1) and just quit on one system to give the win to the other. Pretty crazy, racked up like 20m credits after 10 mins and quit, don't really give a shit about owning every car and 20m is enough to buy all the properties.

probably get my account banned lol but i don't care, i kinda feel done at this point with FH4. I'll tool and fuck around but it suffers similar problems as Destiny 2, its awesome for the first 15-20 hours but the end game stuff (at launch) isn't tightly tuned for a good loop so you lose interest quickly. Its kinda fascinating how just tiny little things can really set up a bad ripple effect for end game in loot games.

• 2Like

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
i actually solo'd the goliath glitch by cross playing with myself lol. loaded up FH4 on my PC on my main account and then created a new xbox account on my X and logged in with that, since i guess its my "home console" it lets me play as new users and still gives me gold, VIP, etc? Its weird but whatever. Took about an hour to level up from 0 to getting into horizon life, then I was able to run any race between my two accounts (PC <> XB1) and just quit on one system to give the win to the other. Pretty crazy, racked up like 20m credits after 10 mins and quit, don't really give a shit about owning every car and 20m is enough to buy all the properties.

probably get my account banned lol but i don't care, i kinda feel done at this point with FH4. I'll tool and fuck around but it suffers similar problems as Destiny 2, its awesome for the first 15-20 hours but the end game stuff (at launch) isn't tightly tuned for a good loop so you lose interest quickly. Its kinda fascinating how just tiny little things can really set up a bad ripple effect for end game in loot games.

I don’t have the X-Box / no one to try the goliath cheat so I spent a while doing the Super Spin trick. Currently rolling 100 Super Spins :p With my luck it’s gonna be clothes and 5000CRs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user