Forza Horizon 4

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Put about 10 hours in over the weekend. Not enjoying as much as I did 3. Just doesn't have as good of an initial grab for me.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I just saw that you can buy the ultimate bundle addons for 45 bucks with game pass. So I guess as long as you keep game pass it might be a good deal. VIP is 18 dollars with game pass also.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I did some testing yesterday with the Super Wheel thingy. Probably +300 rolls I didn’t count towards the end.
Why did they add so many clothes? I really like FH4, great game, but the wheel is flooded with stupid prices like clothes and 5000CR.
With that said... most of the rolls gave me crap items like clothes and low cash rewards.

My wardrobe after the rolls:

52 / 105 tops
17 / 34 jackets
24 / 48 legs
17 / 34 feet
67 / 96 hats
10 / 11 eye
2 / 4 nose
10 / 10 wrist
11 / 14 hands
3 / 4 outfits
47 / 51 emotes

420 cars, but probably 10-25 duplicates. Missing 82 cars from what I can see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
just downloaded 343mb patch on X and 428mb patch on PC

Current Release Notes: October 10th, 2018

Cross-Platform
• General stability improvements
• Changed the Titan FE Rivals Event to a regular Titan with an Upgrade Preset so non-VIPs can play it.
• Fix for stall when connecting to a multiplayer session.
• Fix for traffic sometimes not respawning after exiting an event sign-up in Horizon Life or after completing a Horizon Story.
• Fix for Creative Hub data when accessed from Leaderboards.
• Fix for crash during the rewards flow after completing a Horizon Story.
• Fix for race position changing sometimes when crossing the line in co-op.
• Fix for Xbox Silver Accounts not defaulting to Horizon Solo, resulting in failure to connect to multiplayer servers.
• Fix for #Forzathon Live cinematics disappearing after disconnection.
• Updated chase camera on the Mercedes Unimog to improve visibility.

PC
• Manual HDR option added. Note that some PC HDR users may find that their HDR setting becomes set to 'off' due to this update. They will need to toggle it back on using the manual setting.
• Fix for HDR detection when multiple displays are connected.
• Fix for user video settings being reset when graphics drivers are updated. Note that updating the driver just before running with this game update may still reset the video settings.
• Minimum AMD graphics driver version updated to 18.9.3.
• Fix for GPU crash after displaying the boot logo videos.
• Improvements to video options auto-detection when running with a 4k monitor.
• Fix for some cars parts appearing semi-transparent on AMD GPUs.
• Fix for accelerator pedal not working on Thrustmaster T150 in some set-ups.

Xbox
• Fix for displaying the fallback car when reaching the Dirt race series with only the initial install chunk installed.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Booted this up last night and screwed around in Fortune Island.

Every time I play this game, I am trying to beat spronk spronk and his drive-atar and his records. Everywhere I go. This game has now become about beating Spronk at something. Anything. Just to take him down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
exploit that lets you earn 10m credits every 5 mins or so

not sure if you'd get banned or not for doing this, plus credits really don't matter too much if you aren't anal about car collecting

spronk

FPS noob
new lego DLC is out today, like all forza DLCs its cool for a while but you are pretty much done after 10-15 hours

IYT2QTU.gif

yTkbnOp.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I never played the first DLC on this. Any good? I like the lego one here. Similar to how I loved the hot wheels one in the last game.

spronk

FPS noob
first one's not bad, the island is cool and very viking-ish but its pretty small and gets old fast.

only put an hour or so into lego but really enjoying it, 12 year old me would be catatonic on the floor from how awesome it is. Tons and tons of lego sets all over including airport, pirates, speedway, jurassic park, etc. Usual forza stuff like races and challenges but they have added a layer of hundreds of lego blocks to collect to build your house, and each one is collected by different challenges - do 3 ultimate air skills, get 1 star in X, etc. nothing crazy hard so far but fun way to collect and build.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
It was fun playing this tonight and seeing cars looking exactly like the sets I have bought for my kids in the game. Hoping they have the Lego Bugatti in the game to unlock as my middle child really wants that but forget paying $350 for a Lego set that isn't a giant ass star destroyer, millennium falcon or death star.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bummed the DLCs aren't included in gamepass. Sounds like fun but it is usually very short lived so I never buy racing games.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Gamepass is a good deal, but they also use it to seed a game in hopes you will buy DLC.

spronk

FPS noob
coming tomorrow

battle royale

with cars

FH4 is free with game pass, if you don't have that you are a dumb motherfucker

• 1Blown

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Whatdya know, a whole thread.

Recently got back into Forza Horizon 4 because I finally set up my old-ass Logitech wheel that I got for Gran Turismo on PS2 and Horizon 4 is one of the few games supported. Whole new experience (even though it looks worse on old PC compared to Series X). Hard to go back to thumbsticks so stopped playing Forza 7 (wheel not supported).

Was also thinking Horizon games already have damage and already have the tag style game and other stuff that isn't "pure" racing, so it would be awesome if they did some kind of banger racing where you got skills/points for crashing other cars. I mean, playing online already features dicks ramming you in the ass, so might as well make it a feature.

spronk

FPS noob
Pretty strong rumors Forza Horizon 5 will be announced soon and take place in Mexico

fan-made trailer thats pretty good

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I loved the Forza games back in the day. Is Forza Horizon just an arcade version of Forza? I’ve never played one so don’t really know the differences. I like realistic looking cars, tons to pick from, customizing parts and paint. Been thinking about playing a racing game again but not sure which to wishlist.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Forza Motorsports (mainline) is track only game, lots and lots of racing options but its like Gran Turismo, etc.

Forza Horizon is their open world, more goofy/fun version and is amazing, like the older Need for Speed game.

FH1 = Colorado, FH2 = Italian Malfi coast and region, FH3 = Australia, FH4 = UK/Scotland.

Its 100% an awesome game and worth playing, drop dead gorgeous. Its on gamepass so for like $1 you can check it out for a month on pc or xbox

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users