Forza Horizon 5

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Cockpit mode: pitch black, can't see shit, no headlights.

Third person mode: bright as day, headlights showing as on.

Award winning game.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I got sick of all the AWD conversions for this week's seasonal Bel Aire championship. So, made a RWD tune.

It's very mediocre, but more fun to drive than the endless AWD conversions of a classic. Easy enough wins if you mind the brakes going into sharp turns and the throttle on exit. Was able to beat times of some of the more popular Reddit AWD tunes and easier wins imo because with RWD the AI is slower.

954 624 205

spronk

FPS noob
hot wheels DLC is out today, its paid not free

really fun, what more can you say its fucking hot wheels in forza. Cool tracks and cars, 3 biomes in the hot wheels area - ice, volcano, and forest. They added something new I think, magnetic tracks which make your car "stick" to the track so you can do a lot more crazy upside down shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah playing this again now with hot wheels. It’s a blast :)

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I can't even remember all the shit I get bored and fed up over... except the third game in a row where you'd get water droplets on the screen and the windshield while in cockpit mode. Lazy shit like that just broke me. I enjoyed the hotwheels dlc in FH3 though, so desire to again be fed up intensifies.

Oh yeah, I could never quite get either of my racing wheels to feel at all natural. Forza Motorsport was great, though. That's what finally did me in, FH5 just felt like shit with a wheel and was handicapped so hard to enable controller use as I guess is the standard. Now I finally understand all the people who rail on first person shooters being ruined due to console markets and aim assist?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah finished Hot Wheels. Fairly short. The thing that aggrevated me the most were the medals to advance. Finally I just took some S2 vehicles to the danger zones and plowed through some three star A series markers. Also, the S2 drifting zones can suck it. I blame myself, I suck at drifting, but in the zones you need to get 143k in one of them and after an hour I got to about 110 and just gave up.

I might go back to Mexico as I have one story off road left to do.

I like Hot Wheels and all but they must be running out of ideas.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Monster truck dlc would maybe get my attention. Otherwise, it always ends up feeling like the same ol same ol, but where they aren't fixing old bugs or polishing the basics into something better.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you have game pass ultimate and buy the DLC do you get it on both platforms?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah you should. I am going to check quick although I bought the premium add on when it launched. Been meaning to download on PC. It should though because it's a play anywhere title.

Last edited:

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok yeah finished Hot Wheels. Fairly short. The thing that aggrevated me the most were the medals to advance. Finally I just took some S2 vehicles to the danger zones and plowed through some three star A series markers. Also, the S2 drifting zones can suck it. I blame myself, I suck at drifting, but in the zones you need to get 143k in one of them and after an hour I got to about 110 and just gave up.

I might go back to Mexico as I have one story off road left to do.

I like Hot Wheels and all but they must be running out of ideas.
I suck at drifting to, but you can find a good drift tune for any PI level car - important bits are to turn traction control/abs off, then its just practice. Some people suggest going manual, but you can easily 3 start every zone on first try once you get the feel down using automatic. Preferred car is the drift formula viper. Also be happy you cant hit traffic cars while in a drift zone(or speed zones) - in FH3 you could and it was annoying as fuck.

Regarding the HotWheels DLC - not a big fan. Dont mind the progression system, but thought the one they did for fh3 was more fun. Still enjoyed the lego dlc for fh4 the most - something about plowing through legos was satisfying.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this week brings a new update and anniversary of 10 years of Forza Horizon, new cars, a new radio station (mixtape), new events and stuff. Still an amazing game, I put in a few hours every week to earn the new cars and then put big titty anime bitches on them

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Rally adventure is boring as shit.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How? I usually really like dirt racing and thought it was decent in FH5. Almost enough to reinstall. How did they mess up a whole DLC of it?

So initially they turned on some guided voice telling you when to turn and enabled it by default. (I wasn’t sure if it was there before, but it was enabled) it was annoying as fuck until I found out how to turn it off. A helicopter follows you everywhere saying “easy left. Hard right. Water. Turn left” about 82,303 times during the race.

After three races I was like “what the fuck!” And found out how to disable it in options.

The unlocks are very slow so far. After three races you pick one gang to start with or whatever they are called where it trickles things at you a lot slower than normal. I saw an airport and wanted to go over there. Something has to pop there to do (like a jump stunt or something) but nothing is there.

I also didn’t like how they start it all off “and here is your 100% electric truck!” Great for the environment you know, which also happens to be chock full of solar panels all over the landscape. So I switched into a diesel and mowed down every fucking solar panel I could find. (Should have gotten points for that - I would have unlocked everything on the map).

I typically do not mind speed traps around curves, but if you want to stay on the road and three star them forget it.

I’m not seeing anything here that warrants the VERY large gap in it being released from initial launch of the game and up to this point this whole thing could have been designed by one guy in a garage designing races in about 6 hours.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf