Forza Horizon 5

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be probably a long time for 5, like buying behind the curve. So was looking at asseto corsa, if just because it has an F type so I can drive more recklessly than in real life.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Big patch to address multiplayer issues in particular.

They "fixed" arcade to now scale. Joined online map. Don't see anyone. Wait for an arcade. Don't see anyone. Do round one solo. Round two someone else seems to be getting points, but don't see anyone. Fail round two, still don't see anyone. Asks if I wasn't to stay grouped to do more arcade events. Say no, because I don't see anyone.

Back in online map, still don't see anyone. No traffic or other people. As I'm typing this, two user names can be seen in the distance. 30 seconds later they poof.

At least arcade events seem possible solo, but the what's the point of it being multiplayer.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Every time I try to start abroad race the game crashes since the update, awesome stuff

Went to go test a road race. Had a gift notification. Picked it up and game hung and had to quit out of it during the saving don't turn off message.

Some definite new bugs!

And fixes for shit that should have never needed fixes, like Eliminator cats (edit: cars... though might be fun) now spawn randomly. Because they didn't before? Oof.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I actually kind of liked that eliminator cars spawned in fixed locations. Forced people to congregate. I wonder if it will still favor landmarks/buildings or if it is truly random?

I think I finally figured out a bug that was bothering me. On seasonal championship series I was often not getting the reward after wining the series. It would just go back to free roam and I'd get the xp/cr messages on screen but no podium or reward. Turns out if you don't have your difficulty set to Highly Skilled before the race it doesn't count the wins, even though the race forces highly skilled anyway. Set my difficulty to HS and haven't had any problems since.

And yes, I'm a noob who didn't just run on Pro from the get-go. I know I suck. My fingers only do full or no throttle/brake, and full or no left/right steer which makes getting good lines more difficult.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The next season's accolades are in now too. Looks like two new manufacturers that are rewards for season tasks and accolades for arena ice rink stunts in those new cars. "Evolving World" tab in accolades.

spronk

FPS noob
I think I finally figured out a bug that was bothering me. On seasonal championship series I was often not getting the reward after wining the series. It would just go back to free roam and I'd get the xp/cr messages on screen but no podium or reward. Turns out if you don't have your difficulty set to Highly Skilled before the race it doesn't count the wins, even though the race forces highly skilled anyway. Set my difficulty to HS and haven't had any problems since.

its probably a bug but my difficulty is set to like above average and I've won every single seasonal championship. I think there are just weird bugs around continuing championships between sessions and it not correctly filtering the car list, its all pretty buggy. None of the seasonal championship have difficulty requirements either, you can do them all at the easiest setting.

They added 17 new cars this week, i'm sure they will crawl in slowly through seasons and shop and spins.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Quite a few bugs with difficulty and the seasonal setting, so who knows what issues it's causing. Not sure if fixed, but if you set difficulty to unbeatable before doing a race fixed at highly skilled it would tick off unbeatable accolades.

The game keeps breaking audio on my headphones. Got the unresponsive controller bug and feeling/hanging since the patch. Their fix to arcades was now they're so easy you can solo them no problem instead of just making not dependant on local open world population.

The bugs and poor design decisions keep adding up to this launch being dogshit. Glad it's "free" on Game Pass.

Has motivated me to unpack and look to set up my playstation 2 for Gran Turismo as I wait for someone to invent a time machine so I can warn the world what utter shit the gaming industry will become.

spronk

FPS noob
big patch today, afterwards i solo'd 3 rounds of forzathon in under 3 mins, didn't see anyone else and I only had to hit 9 penguins for the pinata round (it was like 80 before lol), even did the unbeatable drivatar thing in 1 shot but it was weird, we won after just 1 round win.

still the game feels way off, like i spend my entire week chasing the forzathon events and have no time to actually play the regular stuff. I could obviously just say fuck it to the forzathon stuff, but i do like most of it

i am sitting on over 4500 forzathon points now, not even sure how (1000 bonus reward and ??) so thats pretty nice. i heard you can gift cars to friends now too but dunno how

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Last patch they changed to online racing from a series of 5 to 3 races. And arcade scaling. Maybe just making the game easier all around instead of fixing multiplayer server issues.

Didn't even think to start up FH5 today.... Will check out patch later though.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
i am sitting on over 4500 forzathon points now, not even sure how (1000 bonus reward and ??) so thats pretty nice.

I'm at 1500 Forza points. Bought the sombrero and a super spin at some point. Been completing most of the seasonal events. Why you so rich???

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Last hotfix was specifically to address series x/s hanging on load/save screens. Still very long load screens that can hang.

Had like 10-15 minutes where it was dark and my headlights (that suck anyway) never came on.

Log in today an get an immediate notification Horizon tour co-op is completed, and it's marked as such, but didn't get points. Will have to see if I can re-do it for credit.

In a game where the fans mostly accept the copy/paste nature of design and features from previous games, they sure managed to break a lot of simple shit that shouldn't have needed massive design from the ground up.

But, great news, they added robot limbs and "they pronouns" and removed competitive ranked racing to make sure the game felt more accessible and inclusive.

Not sure if foundational elements of the game are due to woke-going-broke or just regular retardation, but yikes and oof. But the wokies and diversituuuuh sure aren't helping the gaming industry.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The event labs people are coming up with are pretty good, that's really the only thing I can say is a definitive step up from horizon 4 at this point. Still a good game, but lots of regression in the actual racing imo

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the unbeatable trial stuff definitely got nerfed again, beat it first try even with people who didn't tune their cars

was nice knocking out like 8 things while i watched the game awards

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if unbeatable got nerfed or it's just the courses this week. Ram the AI just before the jump and they'll fall like 10 seconds behind if not glitch outright. Similar situations in other two races; the mud and sand makes a bump around a corner punish the AI much more than grippier tracks. The ones that stayed on course seemed about right but still beatable by playing bumper car.

I actually had a tougher time with the track toys red nose championship. For some reason I suck at those two circuits, especially when wet. Wet pavement doesn't seem to affect AI grip.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Took like 8 times to beat the trial. I've found the best method is grief people as much as possible in the first race to get as many to quit as possible. Finally beat it when just two of us were left for the final two races.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Took like 8 times to beat the trial. I've found the best method is grief people as much as possible in the first race to get as many to quit as possible. Finally beat it when just two of us were left for the final two races.

I think this is sage advice lol, really easy to beat the trial if you only have 2-3 people left on your team