Forza Horizon 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buying Jeeps isn't really cheating, the same thing existed in FH4 so it has to be intentional at this point.

If you use the barrel roll exploit to get skill points that's cheating dialed up to 11, and will almost certainly be patched. AFK Goliath is pretty cheesy since it's using something designed for disabled people when you aren't actually disabled, but for that same reason it will probably always work. You can always get skill points legit extremely fast:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ended up getting a Sesto from a Super spin. Then I went and used the money to buy a Jesko.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Buying Jeeps isn't really cheating, the same thing existed in FH4 so it has to be intentional at this point.

Could you get the skill points back before the new gifting mechanics? That's what seemed sketchy to me. And the barrel roll exploit. But gifting and getting skill points back to create an infinite loop shouldn't have been intended.

And the thing I find dumb Is they're always talking about preventing auction house exploitation and preserving the health of the economy by not allowing direct gifts, but then allow other dumb shit that blows up the so-called economy.

Lesson I always got from it all was just have fun and not get sucked into the meta/exploit aspects of the game regarding the economy or whatever flavor of the month was "best".

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I guess it depends on what you consider progression in this game. For the most part, nothing you get with mastery points really changes the game for you besides the ability to get more points faster. Getting 20% more skill points, higher multiplier, or the other mastery bonuses doesn't help you win races. Of course, wheelspins and super spins are the exception to that since it leads to better cars faster but it's not like getting a FE is going to help you dominate A class races. If you lose races because you can't afford tuning I guess money hacks may seem like cheating but money is fairly easy if you just play the game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I finally got around to the Horizon Open and that was pretty darn fun. The loading times waiting for other players kind of sucks though. Think I finished 5th. Some of the guys who got first were just lightyears ahead of everyone else. Feel like that'd be one that's a lot of fun with a group of people you know.

I also really enjoy the penultimate races or whatever (except the Trailblazer one which is fucking retarded; I can't seem to get it to finish), but man are they long. After 20 minutes my hands are super sweaty and cramped up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
theres a simple bug/glitch that lets you buy all the rare cars that are currently not gettable in game (future events and shit)

you still need in game money to actually spend to buy the cars, but people will likely be buying tons and dumping them on AH too. The rare list is

List of Cars & Prices:
2018 Apollo IE "Welcome Pack" [1.5mil]
1953 Chevrolet Corvette FE [500k]
2018 Exocet Off-Road FE [500k]
2018 ID Zerouno [2.4mil]
1993 Mclaren F1 [15mil]
1971 Manx FE [500k]
1953 Morris Minor 1000 FE [500k]
2019 Raeser Tachyon Speed [1.05mil]
2004 Saleen S4 [388k]
1998 Subaru Impreza 22b sti version [110k]
1963 Beetle FE [500k]
1986 Metro 6R4 [125k]
1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432 [150k]
2015 Radical Rxc Turbo [330k]
2014 Bac Mono [160k]
2013 DeBerti Wrangler Unlimited [200k]
2018 F9 [500k]
1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill [110k]
2019 Hyundai Veloster N [30k]
1990 Mazda Savanna rx-7 [25k]
1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 [200k]

you could literally buy every single car missing in your car collection if you have enough $

i already had many of these so musta got them through wheel spins, going through now and filling out my collection lol

edit: semi hot fixed apparently, but still works on the first car in a mfg row if its not buyable not as great

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I really don't have the patience to babysit the barrel roll glitch but I think I can earn almost as much skill just drifting in the hoonicorn. Stupidly easy to drift up and down a runway and tons of mastery synergy. 8x bonus means you only need 62k which is quick.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean it's just embarrassing Utnayan Utnayan . :)

1636857330421.png

1636857935774.png

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
I really don't have the patience to babysit the barrel roll glitch but I think I can earn almost as much skill just drifting in the hoonicorn. Stupidly easy to drift up and down a runway and tons of mastery synergy. 8x bonus means you only need 62k which is quick.

you can just afk 50 laps overnight in a goliath run with a controller (or keyboard on pc) holding down accelerate and you'll pretty much get like 50 levels, a bazillion skill points, and like 20m credits plus a ton of wheelspins. It works perfectly great on xcloud too so don't even need to install the game on a crap PC computer, just let it stream 1080p video basically for 10 hours overnight with a controller.

yeah totally pointless but its nice banking some extra mastery points/credits so you never really have to think about saving for anything

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Anyone got a good tune and car for the wilds races? That 3 lap race is impossible with what I'm trying. I can win the others using a TT but I've tried supra and TT but can't finish higher than 6th on that race.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried several. Lotus Exige, Audi TT, and finally, Subaru BRZ

Every single time on that first race, the AI would take off like they had a 1 second 0-60 and I'd never catch up (the top 3-4 cars would end up with a 10-20 second lead). What ended up working for me was driving like a reckless asshole. In the first turn, I'd just gun it and e brake, using the other cars as a backstop so I wouldn't crash into a wall. Same with the second turn (cut to the inside, hard brake into the 2nd or 1st place car).

If the AI got out to a lead, I'd never catch up. Probably tried it a dozen times. But once I got the lead by crashing into everyone, they could never overtake me. It's kind of bullshit.

The 2nd and 3rd races weren't as bad. And the other two championships didn't have that problem.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I tried several. Lotus Exige, Audi TT, and finally, Subaru BRZ

Every single time on that first race, the AI would take off like they had a 1 second 0-60 and I'd never catch up (the top 3-4 cars would end up with a 10-20 second lead). What ended up working for me was driving like a reckless asshole. In the first turn, I'd just gun it and e brake, using the other cars as a backstop so I wouldn't crash into a wall. Same with the second turn (cut to the inside, hard brake into the 2nd or 1st place car).

If the AI got out to a lead, I'd never catch up. Probably tried it a dozen times. But once I got the lead by crashing into everyone, they could never overtake me. It's kind of bullshit.

The 2nd and 3rd races weren't as bad. And the other two championships didn't have that problem.
Yeah, I'm getting the same. I actually won it once then did second race and won that, then 3rd race disappeared off the map so couldn't complete. So due to that bug I had to restart and now back with the cheating ai rocket launch cars.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yeah, I'm getting the same. I actually won it once then did second race and won that, then 3rd race disappeared off the map so couldn't complete. So due to that bug I had to restart and now back with the cheating ai rocket launch cars.

Same bug happened to me. I up-tuned before the start of the second race, after loading into it (looking for tunes with off-road or rally tires which helped a lot). So my maxed A was racing low A cars. Thought maybe that triggered the bug/failure.

Funny thing is the race was easier from an AI perspective the second time on that second race when all cars where same level. AI times is really screwy in this game right now.

I've found random tunes to be hit or miss with a lot of people who just max out HP and do nothing for grip or handling. So, I often just check Reddit for tunes. PaperHeartZero and Team Fung are consistently good at tunes and recommending specific cars with a mind toward new/inexperienced or using controllers.

A lot of people are complaining about the AI difficulty and situation of the doing a scramble in modern sports cars during wet conditions, especially as a week one race. I did the Audi with all wheel drive because I had it already and awd seemed like a good idea. Eventually a random tune with rally tires, but people seem to be having good luck stock Audi with off-road tires (though rwd AI cars still out gripping on turns of course lol).

Didn't try these tunes myself, but

PaperHeartZero recommends:

Championship: "Letting Off Steam"

Another first race series that perfect for one of the starter cars.

2020 Toyota GR Supra - 124 932 121

Crazy good for this. Great grip, handling, and speed.

2012 Lotus Exige S - 114 573 267

Another great choice just behind the Supra.

2017 Alpine A110 - 166 842 564

This is aRWD tune in case you wanted one for this series.

Team Fung:

Season Event: "Letting Off Steam" [A 800 | Modern Sports Cars | Dirt Racing]

This was a little tough at first. Switching to Offroad tires made a huge difference. Using the starter Supra here.
  • 2020 Toyota GR Supra - 714 599 611

I definitely recommend finding a group of tuners you trust, who label their tunes clearly, so you can find relevant tunes for cars you like already, or try new cars tested and tuned already. Makes the game more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Edit: letting off steam is the championship we're talking about, right? lol if not, but same general ideas apply I suppose.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
But once I got the lead by crashing into everyone, they could never overtake

I definitely use bully tactics against the AI. Because fuck em, that's why!

I tried the Team Fung tuned supra. Was driving (not racing) past most of the field. Was still a lead car that took 2 laps to catch. No bully tactics required. Good tunes are game changing.

Second attempt with the Supra more familiar with the track fast lap was 2.5 faster. Fun tune.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finished all the season events finally, outside of Arcade which is a shit show, and the dailies.

The difference between say, unbeatable drivatars and the average ones I've been going against seems pretty slim. I actually don't quite understand the difficulty settings because they seem almost identical.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Same bug happened to me. I up-tuned before the start of the second race, after loading into it (looking for tunes with off-road or rally tires which helped a lot). So my maxed A was racing low A cars. Thought maybe that triggered the bug/failure.

Funny thing is the race was easier from an AI perspective the second time on that second race when all cars where same level. AI times is really screwy in this game right now.

I've found random tunes to be hit or miss with a lot of people who just max out HP and do nothing for grip or handling. So, I often just check Reddit for tunes. PaperHeartZero and Team Fung are consistently good at tunes and recommending specific cars with a mind toward new/inexperienced or using controllers.

A lot of people are complaining about the AI difficulty and situation of the doing a scramble in modern sports cars during wet conditions, especially as a week one race. I did the Audi with all wheel drive because I had it already and awd seemed like a good idea. Eventually a random tune with rally tires, but people seem to be having good luck stock Audi with off-road tires (though rwd AI cars still out gripping on turns of course lol).

Didn't try these tunes myself, but

PaperHeartZero recommends:

Team Fung:

I definitely recommend finding a group of tuners you trust, who label their tunes clearly, so you can find relevant tunes for cars you like already, or try new cars tested and tuned already. Makes the game more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Edit: letting off steam is the championship we're talking about, right? lol if not, but same general ideas apply I suppose.
I tried the paper heart supra, ai outdragged me then I never saw them again. Will try the Fung one I guess

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Something's seriously fucky with the ai, the time I won it was with a TT and it was probably how it should work, actually racing and no fuckery. Every other time I've either been obliterated or had to resort to using the other cars as brakes to even get top 6.

1636910132537.png