Forza Horizon 5

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That PaperHeartZero tune isn't great. My bad. Normally good tunes, but that one clearly wasn't tested. Very squirrely. Think I had a faster best lap with it, but was still nearly impossible to get top 3.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I tried the paper heart supra, ai outdragged me then I never saw them again. Will try the Fung one I guess

I'm techtarded but finally managed to upload a first lap to the club feed with the Team Fung tune so you can see how it's working for me. Curious at your experience with it.

I think the AI also swaps to off road ties and then drives slower on pavement, because with off road tires I was dominating on paved roads oddly enough and not getting passed all the time as with rally tires.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I can't see any reason to use rally tires. Offroad tires are better at everything, AND they give a large negative to your PI which lets you equip a couple more HP mods or whatever else you need. When I see a tune posted with rally tires, I just assume the person has no idea what they're doing and/or they post tunes they never actually test.

Used the Fung, won championships. No ending scores, just ended and no credit given
That bug is really getting infuriating. I just can't be bothered doing the races anymore; I already have the Aston Martin in my garage so there's just no reason to put up with the bug.

Strangely I got credit for the hot hatch one on the first try using my Golf R, but all the PR stunts I had to do like 3-5 times with different cars before one finally registered instead of saying I was 1 foot or 1 MPH short.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Used the Fung, won championships. No ending scores, just ended and no credit given

I don't remember these tracking issues in FH4. Are getting annoying though. Did the airport jump like 6 times through two console and game restarts before it registered.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Did the Goliath last night with some friends, I knew it was a long race but took them in without warning. Fun times. Good thing we were in my McLaren or it would have been a bit longer than that ~13 minute lap.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I couldn't ever get better than 5th (using Fung) on the first race. Similar issue many here have posted about, by the time I made the first couple passes the lead cars had rocket boosted ahead that I could never close the gap. Decided to just do the next two races to take a break. Got 2nd on 2 and first on 3 without worrying about standings since I was pretty fed up by that point. Ended up winning championship by like 8 points cause the AI didn't do it's normal rankings where the same guy is at the front every race. Glad to have that over with.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Doing the season danger zone challenge, I soup up my car to get just the right type and number, zip down the road and whooosh, says I missed the seasonal challenge by 1 foot. Damn. So I go back up, really give it to her and make it almost 30 feet farther. Says I again missed the seasonal challenge by 1 foot. I logged.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Did the Goliath last night with some friends, I knew it was a long race but took them in without warning. Fun times. Good thing we were in my McLaren or it would have been a bit longer than that ~13 minute lap.
While the goliath may be the longest distance race, I think the Gauntlet (dirt racing finale) is the longest time race. 25ish minutes point to point. Plan ahead before you start that one.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Doing the season danger zone challenge, I soup up my car to get just the right type and number, zip down the road and whooosh, says I missed the seasonal challenge by 1 foot. Damn. So I go back up, really give it to her and make it almost 30 feet farther. Says I again missed the seasonal challenge by 1 foot. I logged.
The 1 foot/1 meter bug is annoying but can usually be fixed by swapping cars quick or restarting console. Much quicker to fix than finishing a 3 race series and getting the no reward bug.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It's fine, it's just not the first time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I just did a rewind on the jump and tried again and got it.

I finally tried to make things a bit harder and turned ABS off and went with manual shifting. Didn't like how braking without ABS felt though, so turned that back on. Manual shifting made the game take so much more concentration. It was really nice to be able to downshift to slow down though!

Maybe eventually I'll give ABS another shot (think I turned off traction and stability control when I first started).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I think I just did a rewind on the jump and tried again and got it.

I finally tried to make things a bit harder and turned ABS off and went with manual shifting. Didn't like how braking without ABS felt though, so turned that back on. Manual shifting made the game take so much more concentration. It was really nice to be able to downshift to slow down though!

Maybe eventually I'll give ABS another shot (think I turned off traction and stability control when I first started).

I run ABS off. Not sure it's worth it especially in any competitive race. I'm prone to really fast laps and then wham, into a wall.

SAme with TCS and the other one. In yes like Gran Turismo you had to have them off to get best times. Doesn't seem to slow you down as much having them on in Horizon games. If I'm on controller I turn them on for the faster racing cars, wheel I still keep off.

Used to get a lot more credit boosts from harder settings. Noticed a lot of them do nothing now, so no real point in running real damage and no rewind in FH5 except that's it's the kind of frustration I find fun sometimes.

kinda disappointing how the game feels it's dumbing down a bit and going more arcade than sim when I felt the balance was pretty good in FH4.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure if it's all in my head, but I feel like I'm definitely winning by a lot more with manual shifting. I'm not sure why, since the game seems to do really well at up shifting (it obviously never down shifts unless you brake, hit something, or just let off the accelerator completely), and I often find myself at the governor having forgotten to shift again.

The ABS thing is that when I do brake, it seems like it's equally applying the braking power to both wheels at the same time when it's off, but when it's on I can do things like drift with a light brake tap.

Vorph

140449237 is the Exige S tune I used to beat the circuit race. It was still quite tough and I had to trade a bit of paint with the lead car (always a Mercedes SLK, so maybe that's a good choice as well) going into the final turn to get ahead of him at the last second.

I always leave ABS on. Maybe if I had a wheel setup I'd change my mind, but it's way too hard to control brake pressure using gamepad triggers. Traction and stability definitely off though.
it seems like it's equally applying the braking power to both wheels at the same time when it's off
That should have more to do with your tune than the ABS setting.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What difficulty are all of you guys playing on? I've only messed around on this for about 3 or 4 hours, it's been fun though. I think I was playing on "Hard" seemed like it might've been a tad too easy with traction control on etc...

Vorph

The Exige S run ended in no-podium failure just like all my other tries. Decided to give it one last shot with a SLK55 and won all three races pretty easily, and actually got credit for it finally too. Tune I used was 667323798. Not the greatest for the race with all the switchbacks since it understeers a lot more than I would have liked and also the brakes aren't super-strong and I had to use a couple rewinds. AI is so bad on that track that it doesn't matter anyway. The other two races were no problem though, finished a couple seconds faster than any other attempts/cars.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
What difficulty are all of you guys playing on? I've only messed around on this for about 3 or 4 hours, it's been fun though. I think I was playing on "Hard" seemed like it might've been a tad too easy with traction control on etc...

Just been doing highly skilled mostly while learning tracks. FH4 I was at pro. FH3 I often ran realist damage and no rewind... But I don't find increased difficulty increases fun anymore like in other more sim style racing games, nor make me better at racing. So, highly skilled listening to podcasts, rewinding to learn courses.