Foundation

velk

Trakanon Raider
"Let's free dive down to the ship !"

"I can't swim"

"That's fine, I'll go get the ship, bring it up to the surface and you can get on then" "Now seems a great time to learn on the job, you drowning seems like a fun diversion"

Empire vs the Assassins was a surprisingly awesome fight on the other hand.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just watch empire scenes and some Hari stuff and you wont miss anything important. other plots are so bad they make the show near unwatchable. I wonder if apple pays any attention to how many people are skipping past all the garbage. and if it is a meaningful number of people.
If someone edited this show to have just the empire bits and some hari stuff with summaries of what happened elsewhere I'd probably watch season 2. As it is now it's probably not going to happen.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Aren't Empire all clones? Why would old Empire be shorter than his middle aged self?

The genetic dynasty was corrupted in S1, they aren't perfect clones anymore - it's kind of a major plot point for his character in both seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
is "mental time travel" in the books? it seems super lazy.

No, Foundation is more like a history book than a linear story - it jumps between different important things that were hundreds or thousands of years apart. The show is just trying to make that work while keeping the same characters, so you get increasingly implausible reasons why they are involved in something 10,000 years after they died.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can accept that the book as written is basically unfilmable. The merging of ideas from other books was something Asimov did himself, and where they did this with the Empire storyline it worked very well. Pallet swaps? Don't care if they could act (Magic Math and Magic Strong Wakandan could not) or it was well written. None of the Terminus stuff was well written or executed, just tons of plot armor bullshit. Math Chick in space was just outright retarded and shit they made up whole cloth just to add another magical space negro woman to the show, because one was not pandering enough.

Torn, because the stuff with Empire was excellent, but the other half of the show was garbage (except when Harris was on screen). I will give season two a try because Pace and Harris were so excellent, but if its Magical Space Sheeboon Adventures, I am out. Fucking waste of potential.
The empire stuff is literally the only part of the show I care about. Even more so in season 2.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Everything but the Empire shit is awful. The red magicians stuff wasn't too bad, but the main two chicks and Hari is just bleh.

I'm wondering why Dawn is going to marry the Dominion chick. Obviously he's doing it to strengthen his empire, but he's just using IVF to put more clones in her, right? The ol' womb bamboozle. Seems really weird they'd be like "oh we're 2% off the OG, time to fucking stop doing what we've been doing for a thousand years!"

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I still love the actor who plays Hari but his crazy crying shit is bad so far this season. Plus that other cunt is ruining all the empire scenes. bleh

• 2Like

Goatface

the hober and red brothers part were shit. don't understand why empire needs the great gay exiled general to find out shit at the outer zone. they don't appear to be hiding jump tech or anything.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Episode 1 rough start. Apparently TV visuals are a solved problem but writing is far from it. 😐

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 has been a ton better. Way less of the magic chicks and a focus on Harry Sheldon and Day.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lee Pace is massively underrated as an actor. I roll my eyes on all the "BLACK POWERMENT!!!!" shit, but Lee makes the show actually worth watching.

Goatface

if empire doesn't have spies all over queen cloud 24/7 they all need to die. the 2nd most important person on the planet, shouldn't just be able to disappear for long periods of time. pretty sure demerzel is going to die, that would be a huge blow to empire. the great gay general and his buddy bested by wish.com han solo and loosing the most important piece of tech in the empire was just comical.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lee Pace is massively underrated as an actor. I roll my eyes on all the "BLACK POWERMENT!!!!" shit, but Lee makes the show actually worth watching.

wish he was in more stuff

watch halt and catch fire to really see him flex

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
wish he was in more stuff

watch halt and catch fire to really see him flex
I wanted to like that show but I couldn't hang in there. Maybe I need to try again and work harder at it this time...