FREE CHIPOTLE BURRITO

Eonan

Doer of Things
Its all cooked and prepared off site, bagged, and brought in, whereas other burrito places still cook shit in house.

So that's almost certainly related to it, though investigation wise, no one has been able to come up with what exact component or practice in Chipotle's supply chain has led to the food poisoning epidemic, but its has definitely hurt their business. Hence why they're giving away free burritos.
Yea this is blatantly false. I worked at a processing facility for a few months between my last semester at college that provided all of the beef for our local Chipotle's. All that shit is sent to them raw, they cook on site.

The issues with E-coli have stemmed from their produce if I recall correctly meaning the problem either lies with the produce not being processed correctly before being sent to Chipotle (farms not following regulations on the amount of time prior to sale that manure can be used), Chipotle not checking the produce and washing it prior to using it in their lines, or employees rubbing shit inside your burrito.

If I misread that and they haven't determined where the E-coli is coming from then fuck, I am at a loss.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yea this is blatantly false. I worked at a processing facility for a few months between my last semester at college that provided all of the beef for our local Chipotle's. All that shit is sent to them raw, they cook on site.

The issues with E-coli have stemmed from their produce if I recall correctly meaning the problem either lies with the produce not being processed correctly before being sent to Chipotle (farms not following regulations on the amount of time prior to sale that manure can be used), Chipotle not checking the produce and washing it prior to using it in their lines, or employees rubbing shit inside your burrito.

If I misread that and they haven't determined where the E-coli is coming from then fuck, I am at a loss.
The investigation did not uncover the source of the contamination.

UPDATED: CDC declares Chipotle E. coli outbreaks over; cause unknown | Food Safety News

If they don't cook the meat at the processing plant, that's like the one step besides wrapped everything in burrito shell that doesn't go on there. They do the vast majority of the food prep off site.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Got mine. I've eaten there several times of late with no problems. The shorter lines are nice.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I worked at Chipotle in the past. Chicken and Steak are raw and cooked in house. Carnitas and Barbacoa are cooked in a commissary and sealed in a bag. AMA.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So that's almost certainly related to it, though investigation wise, no one has been able to come up withwhat exact componentor practice in Chipotle's supply chain has led to the food poisoning epidemic
I've only been inside a Chipotle twice (two seperate ones) but i'm pretty sure it's..... the employees.

Hathe

did you ever fuck a fellow employee in the barbacoa
No. With that said, Chipotle will hire just about anyone. I got tired of having to train a new person every week and quit. 80% of my store's employees didn't even have food cards, the one requisite to work in the food industry. Plenty of employees were fucking behind closed doors, though.

Can you explain what a Barbacoa and a Carnita is?
Slow cooked beef (barbacoa) or pork (carnitas). I'm not sure if you're being serious, though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Slow cooked beef (barbacoa) or pork (carnitas). I'm not sure if you're being serious, though.
Nope, serious. Whenever I'm at Chipotle there's a line and I don't want to be the guy asking questions everyone else thinks are retarded and holding things up. Are the steak and the slow cooked beef seasoned differently?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Barbacoa is a bit hotter than steak. I wouldn't call it spicier, but it is hotter... if that makes any sense.

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not a given, but I would safely bet my life on it.
It's like these people have never worked in food service before.

I used to work with a mexican that wore one pair of gloves, all day. Raw frozen meat? Making sandwiches? Same fucking gloves.

This was a mcdonald's, and oddly enough, no one ever seemed to get sick. But it's probably just a matter of time.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Still no muthafuckin coupon. Apparently they are spreading them out over 2 weeks. :sadface:

Hathe

Nope, serious. Whenever I'm at Chipotle there's a line and I don't want to be the guy asking questions everyone else thinks are retarded and holding things up. Are the steak and the slow cooked beef seasoned differently?
Yes, they're seasoned differently. Steak is marinated in basically pure adobo (same with the chicken, just half as much adobo). You need an iron lung to work the grill; I had terrible breathing problems while I worked the grill and ended up going to the doctor on 4 separate occasions in a 6 month period. No idea what the barbacoa is seasoned with, it's done in a separate facility. If you're a fan of slow cooked / shredded meat, you may like the barbacoa or carnitas. If the barbacoa is too liquidy, ask for it to be drained. This was always highly requested.

kev, I would go through nearly a box of gloves a shift, I assume 35-40 pairs in 10 hours.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I signed up for the burrito and then told my girlfriend to do it. She got the coupon text yesterday. I haven't received mine yet. /rustled