Fresh Off the Boat

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Fresh Off the Boat

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2015-02-04

Creator: Nahnatchka Khan

Cast: Chelsey Crisp, Constance Wu, Randall Park, Hudson Yang, Forrest Wheeler, Ian Chen, Lucille Soong

Overview: A '90s-set single-camera comedy about a hip-hop-loving Asian kid growing up in suburban Orlando, being raised by an immigrant father obsessed with all things American and an immigrant mother often bewildered by white culture.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
opr35ZRExlS0opj1iB20GG6aTcM.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Fresh Off the Boat[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-02-04[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A '90s-set single-camera comedy about a hip-hop-loving Asian kid growing up in suburban Orlando, being raised by an immigrant father obsessed with all things American and an immigrant mother often bewildered by white culture.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Pretty funny.

Fresh Off the Boat (TV Series 2015- ) - IMDb

spronk

FPS noob
the dad also played kim jong un in The Interview

abc really has locked up the family sitcom hasn't it, they have the rainbow covered

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
No idea, I just know that fucking mom is hilarious.
Agreed. The mom was the best part. The main kid is a shitty actor and he wasn't funny at all. The mom was the highlight, and the dad had some nice moments. Worse than Modern Family and The Middle, better than Blackish.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
haven't had a chance to watch it. how does it compare to the stories from the book?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The main kid was picked by Eddie(the sitcom it's based on) from the auditions, kid had zero acting experience, the younger brothers are trained and you can see the difference.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just caught up with the episodes, and I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Perhaps it is because I really like the dad after watching The Interview. Or maybe it is because, despite the fact that I'm not really attracted to most asian women, and she's slightly cross-eyed at times, I sort of want to pee in the mom's butt for some reason that I can't really explain.

McCheese

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. The mom continues to be the best part, though. If you don't find her funny, you won't like the show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The show really has to grow, i mean i personally get it, coming from an asian american background and the same timeframe, it really hits it for me.

However, the characters are weak (except moms, she is A+ the star of the show).

The grandma serves no purpose.

The brothers... it might as well be an only child story, they're just as worthless.

Father is a foil for the mom so theres that.

Main kid sucks, he shouldn't be on TV.

I really have no hope for the entirety of the family, nor do i care, it's just like Modern Family. Don't care about fat manny, ship him to cuba, don't care about retard luke, ship him to retard school. The gays just act all gayey. Been like this for 4 years(i bring up modern family cuz it's about the only good family comedy and it's also ABC)

They've already got 13eps, have to see how it evolves.

McCheese

If you don't like Manny on Modern Family, or either of the two gay dudes, you have the world's shittiest sense of humor.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
If you don't like Manny on Modern Family, or either of the two gay dudes, you have the world's shittiest sense of humor.
He's Asian. His soul was crushed by impossible expectations by his family to become a doctor or famous violin player. His post is actually a fairly positive review.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
eps 4, the kids are still an epic fail.

the grandma(this time ma's) are nothing but a hood ornament.

moms is still the best part of the show, father is slowly branching out from being a foil, to a real character.

Holy hell the restaurant employees have more personality than the horribad kids.

show would be better if mom and dad just got married and kids didn't exist.

and it's not bad child acting, they are just written like retards.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
tiger mom is hot as hell. I thought she'd be kinda like lois from malcolm in the middle, and she kinda is, but she's a really hot lois.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This and that black show is racist garbage. I, for one, am offended that non whites are allowed to be publicly racist now. Do not want.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This and that black show is racist garbage. I, for one, am offended that non whites are allowed to be publicly racist now. Do not want.
Didn't you hear the president when he was on the campaign trail? We're in a post-racial society now bro.... Stop being so Bush Era.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database