From

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wasn't a reference to LOST, just a comment on the general formula of modern serial dramas that aren't one off seasons/series

Yeah, I don't watch those either. It was a bit of a minor miracle I saw this thread, thought the premise was interesting and liked the first episode.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As explained, there wasn't going to be one. But yeah, pretty worthless finale. Second half of the show in general went downhill once we stopped getting monster encounters.

Yeah, I scaled back my expectations but even so it was basically all cliffhanger. I was bothered by the engineer not immediately packing up irreplaceable equipment at first sight of storm but whatever. Put the tower back on its side and bring in all the gear. We'll try again tomorrow.

The show ABSOLUTELY needed more monster stuff. I wanted to hang out with them way more than we got a chance to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoyed the first season. I didn't expect any major resolutions -- typical with these shows. I hope the writers have a complete vision for the story, though. LOST became obvious that they were just winging it episode to episode.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smoke monster got that tent. Cave drawings reminded me of the stations map. The voice answering the distress call - "Others".

Even a lighthouse. That part was actually pretty cool though.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Back half wasn't as good as the start, but it was still solidly entertaining.

The last episode amped the retard factor up too high though - even the lonely virgin opening the window was more plausible than stuff like 'Well, i guess we are done digging for now, I'll come back later by myself when everyone is occupied and no-one can help me'

Pet peeve on the whole spider situation which was 100% self inflicted idiocy.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bus of new blood rolling in was good though.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want them to ramp the horror shit up for season 2. I dont know if we'll get a season 2 since this show had fk all for advertising on a paid premium service or package - but I really do kind of hope there is one.

Im curious if the Spider bites are going to kill him or if its going to basically turn him into one of the zombie type things we've seen. Im imagining "Okay, we're at the edge of this place and all the spiders are there to basically fuck over anyone that leaves. If they make it through the visions and the Spiders and their newly turned into monster friends and keep trying to get to the Light House..."

Bus of new blood rolling in was good though.
Exactly what I thought, in the Diablo Butcher's voice. "Fresh Meat!"

The purgatory thing keeps coming back up to me cause they really havent had anyone, after all these years of this place being around, be a mass murderer or anything truly sinister. I can clearly imagine someone pissing a person off and the next thing they know is that they wake up after being clubbed over the head, dragged out into the Woods and wake up at night time or close to it. The Drunk guy in the beginning makes it very obvious that you can go missing and no one will give a fk about you till the morning.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The purgatory thing keeps coming back up to me cause they really havent had anyone, after all these years of this place being around, be a mass murderer or anything truly sinister.
Well, Boyd's wife did go on a shooting spree.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, Boyd's wife did go on a shooting spree.

It was a real change in tone

1649769583479.png

but they made it work.

I really liked Harold Perrineau in Oz as Augustus Hill and that carried over to this show. When she went nuts I felt so bad for him.

• 1Like

Caliane

This is on amazon prime again. full season. via mgm+

s2 is on the 23rd. I'm not sure if amazon will have it.

Blew through the season. it is very creepy and enjoyable. But holy shit the lost mystery box. Mystery mystery mystery with no explanations at all.

A frustrating lack of communication or inquiry from the people. Like all this "lets build a radio tower" nonsense, when no one is asking the most basic question of, "what are these sigils, why do they work, and where did they come from?"
Teleporting trees, no one asks any questions, or tests THAT. the wires, etc. lulz that that guy took so long to think of trying to splice wires into the lights.
Visions, hidden basements, etc.. like a million more pressing questions.

Most likely suspect seems like Fae, unseelie.
Pulling people into the faire realm is their deal for centuries.

Like Vivarium. Fae kidnapping people to raise their children there. and creating a false suburb, but not really understanding human homes, or suburbs, so its all superficial. They don't understand the underlying mechanics at al

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The first episode of season two was the 23rd of April.

It was alright. Not much happened.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I was pleasantly surprised to see From Season 2 arrive sooner than I'd thought. I only finished the first season early this year.

Still not much in the way of real answers but it's got me hooked. The monsters are creepy AF and I like how they don't hold back on showing how they absolutely eviscerate their victims (but why do they leave their faces alone?).

I just hope it doesn't end up like Lost where it has intriguing lore but ends up becoming so convoluted and implausible in its lore it becomes unavoidably tangled up in paradoxes and unresolvable plot arcs, and is forced into a lame and unsatisfying resolution.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was pleasantly surprised to see From Season 2 arrive sooner than I'd thought. I only finished the first season early this year.

Still not much in the way of real answers but it's got me hooked. The monsters are creepy AF and I like how they don't hold back on showing how they absolutely eviscerate their victims (but why do they leave their faces alone?).

I just hope it doesn't end up like Lost where it has intriguing lore but ends up becoming so convoluted and implausible in its lore it becomes unavoidably tangled up in paradoxes and unresolvable plot arcs, and is forced into a lame and unsatisfying resolution.
Nothing about what they are experiencing is understandable or plausible. Tf are you on? lol

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Nothing about what they are experiencing is understandable or plausible. Tf are you on? lol
I meant in the sense of the plot and the story, as in, I hope the show doesn't just get tangled up in unresolved plot arcs and contradictory narratives which force the scriptwriters into lame as fuck attempts to harmonize it all, like what happened in Lost.