Frozen 2 (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Frozen 2 (2019)

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Music

Director: Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee

Cast: Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Sterling K. Brown, Evan Rachel Wood

Release: 2019-11-26

Plot: Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf are going far in the forest to know the truth about an ancient mystery of their kingdom.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Going by the unwritten rule of animation sequels... which character will get a love interest? I doubt they'll hook Elsa up with a guy so that probably leaves Sven and since we did see a herd of reindeer that fits.

As other discussions on the internet have pointed out the beginning of that trailer suggests that Elsa gets trapped on an island (sans Wilson) and is trying to escape.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're not kidding. That ocean looks like something that was filmed, not animated. Beautiful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that ocean might have been Rotoscoped like in the Good Dinosaur. still looks decent. she should Frozone her way above the ocean easily. i guess they needed to create a conflict back home that elsa could fix in 2 minutes with her powers, so they stuck her on an island. ala Justice League.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt it's rotoscoped, since they have her falling into it and it needs to look similar in every shot. Water tech is pretty advanced these days. Even game engines can pull off sick oceans now.

Ocean scene made me think she was looking for her parents. I was expecting to see a run-in with Ariel (little mermaid) to follow fan theory:
You Have to Read This Fan Theory About Frozen

Also, first movie took place in Summer and this movie is giving us a lot of Fall imagery. Why not winter? Or is it telling us "Winter is coming"? Weird.
Maybe there will be a Frozen 3 and 4 each a different season.

Anyway, most important part of these movies will be the music.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am just now getting Frozen (Let it go) out of my head and my bank account recovered from the constant barage of frozen dresses, frozen backpacks, frozen lunch boxes, and frozen bed sheets. Holy Christ, this is going to be a rough year for parents with young daughters.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I doubt it's rotoscoped, since they have her falling into it and it needs to look similar in every shot. Water tech is pretty advanced these days. Even game engines can pull off sick oceans now.

Ocean scene made me think she was looking for her parents. I was expecting to see a run-in with Ariel (little mermaid) to follow fan theory:

Also, first movie took place in Summer and this movie is giving us a lot of Fall imagery. Why not winter? Or is it telling us "Winter is coming"? Weird.

maybe, it still looked good with the rotoscoping in GD. its not a dirty word.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
maybe, it still looked good with the rotoscoping in LD. its not a dirty word.
Yea you're right, it does look good there. But it's a LOT of work, compared to developing a shader and tweaking. Moana ocean looked great and I'm guessing they'd reuse that shader and tweak it. I also wouldn't doubt if they included RL ocean elements, like the mist or distant waves, or whatever. Once she started running over the ocean it looked a lot more CG to me. The far shots looked super realistic, but the closer views had hints of CG, especially the foam on top the water.

Edit, and look at the type of 3D ocean you can find on shutterstock these days, looks very similar:
https://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/...n-camera-goes-underwater-several-times-k.webm

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Disney sequels historically haven't been real successful. pretty much just Toy Story 2 and 3, right? this should definitely break that trend...

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
the 20minute frozen xmas special in CoCo was really horrible

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm

first short was Spring Fever as well.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
God please let my daughter have outgrown this. For the love of Greenback Jesus, please!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hate the frozen stuff. Ocean looked good. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was animated, the most impressive thing about Moana to me is the ocean, shit looks amazing on a high end TV.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I am just now getting Frozen (Let it go) out of my head and my bank account recovered from the constant barage of frozen dresses, frozen backpacks, frozen lunch boxes, and frozen bed sheets. Holy Christ, this is going to be a rough year for parents with young daughters.
Oh god. I mean I look forward to the movie, probably four tickets first weekend, first cinema visit for the kids really, but this might reignite the Frozen hype. Frozen umbrella, frozen dishes, frozen pens, frozen pants, frozen everything.

• 1Barf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database