Frozen 2 (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This works when they get a little older say 9-10 yrs old. When they are like 4-5? Very difficult if not impossible because unlike boys, most little girls bring their dad's to their knees. The way I handled was I went to see the movie once with her. That didn't stop her mother taking her two more times though. It also didn't prevent us buying the DVD and then her watching it maybe 30 times which you can't really escape because when they are much younger odds are they are going to be in the same room with you most of the time.
yeah, i dont get it, i understand not wanting to disappoint your kids, but i dont understand letting them rule you like an actual disney princess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, i dont get it, i understand not wanting to disappoint your kids, but i dont understand letting them rule you like an actual disney princess.

What Vandyn describes doesn't sound too bad. But some of the other posts are a little disturbing. My wife & I don't buy many toys (and junk food) outside birthdays/holidays. I have no problem with them getting tons of Frozen (or other) themed items as long as it's not a daily/weekly/monthly occurrence. Limit to special occasions and np! Also we tend to limit viewings of the same movie to twice max in a day, but typically only 1x. But of course they always have their favorite that they ALWAYS want to watch, so you might watch the same movie 5x+ in a week or until they move on to the next thing. I really see no problem with it right now though. If something is on I want to watch (Football), you damn well know we're watching Football. And the kids at first fussed, but have learned to like it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I have 2 girls - I tell them no gtfo, I also tell them frozen sucks ass and that is not how things are- get a good man, make me grand babies and marry up.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's hard to understand until you have a little girl.

Pretty much. I understand not wanting to spoil them and we try hard as hell not too. It's not that easy though, especially in my case where she was an only child. The good news is the 'Frozen' phase lasted about a year and then it was done. My kid is such that she will consume something to the extreme and then drop it like it never existed.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
2 daughters almost 3yo, they'll be 3.5 when this is out. They haven't seen a movie in theaters yet.
My 1 daughter is a huge Beauty & the Beast fan (Live Action version). Wears Belle's dress every day.
Other doesn't care too much about movies/TV.

We'll see what happens in Nov. lol.

Probably taking them to Aladdin & Lion King before this though.

What's the earliest you parents have taken kids to the Theater?
I have a Son same age too, we were never taking 2yo triplets to the theater. 3yo-3.5 seems doable ... maybe.
Triplets had just turned 3 when we first took them, saw the new grinch.

Boys were really good, daughter was good in that she paid attention the whole movie but she cannot fucking sit still at all. So while she was watching, she was constantly climbing in and out of her seat or in and out of a lap. Almost definitely will have to take multiple trips to the bathroom

I don’t really understand how some of you have 1 or 2 year old girls that are really “into” anything. My kids like certain things I guess, but they don’t really know of the existence of anything that they haven’t seen.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Not going to lie. I saw the trailer on the big screen in the theater. Gave me chills. This will cross two billion dollars easy. This is going to be so fucking huge.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched it as a lark a year after it came out (I think I was 34? At the time) because I have a soft spot for disney movies from when I was a kid. Saw tangled as well, and Tangled was definitely a superior movie. But I enjoyed it for what it was. Helped that it was in viking country, because that's an easy way to get my attention for no other reason than it's in viking country. I'm definitely not the target audience, but it wasn't a complete abomination or anything. Can definitely see why my niece went apeshit for it though. That is -designed- to separate parents of girls from their money.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I watched it as a lark a year after it came out (I think I was 34? At the time) because I have a soft spot for disney movies from when I was a kid. Saw tangled as well, and Tangled was definitely a superior movie. But I enjoyed it for what it was. Helped that it was in viking country, because that's an easy way to get my attention for no other reason than it's in viking country. I'm definitely not the target audience, but it wasn't a complete abomination or anything. Can definitely see why my niece went apeshit for it though. That is -designed- to separate parents of girls from their money.

Totally agree. Tangled is way better. I know I sound like a complete faggot, but I don't care. I like most of the movie, but really love the part where Rapunzel and Flynn are touring the city, and the great music is playing, etc. Just really well done. And I know this will get my e-balls clipped, but I also really enjoy Moana. There's something about the way they did the ocean, with how the ocean babies her and makes her special, that just melts my heart. I'm sure it's the dad in me coming out.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Totally agree. Tangled is way better. I know I sound like a complete faggot, but I don't care. I like most of the movie, but really love the part where Rapunzel and Flynn are touring the city, and the great music is playing, etc. Just really well done. And I know this will get my e-balls clipped, but I also really enjoy Moana. There's something about the way they did the ocean, with how the ocean babies her and makes her special, that just melts my heart. I'm sure it's the dad in me coming out.
Disney fan here too
i saw Tangled with my dad. we loved it. we noped out of Frozen though when we saw the monstrous line of kids waiting to see it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'll watch it when it hits Starz/Netflix , but I rarely see any movies in theaters anymore of any type. I watched Frozen when it hit Netflix and enjoyed it. If the writing and music are of the same quality this should be good too.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watch these trailers and smile like the emperor, Yes groom a new generation of potential D&D players.

• 1Worf

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Probably the same parents who let their kid sit glued to a tablet while pushing them around in a cart at the store.
I think the pro's outway the con's in this situation. Especially, when you factor in the age of the kid(s) and mental health. I would say a better example would be sitting at the dinner table / restaurant. It's amazing how many older couples have come up to my wife and I and told how they love seeing how we interact with our kids. Instead of handing them a tablet and not have any social interaction with them, we talk, play games, and or color.