Fucking gaming laptops!?!

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
Show me some Pictures and some specs!!! Budget of 1300-1400

So far I have..

MSI G Series GT70 2OC-065US 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

61TCggrBYjL._SL1000_.jpg

819UH6Fqy5L._SL1500_.jpg

51FJttIWgML._SL1181_.jpg

or

719y0kFkRyL._SL1500_.jpg

61bjA4fBpCL._SL1500_.jpg

61fccGvoKzL._SL1500_.jpg

ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW 17.3-Inch FHD

Eonan

Doer of Things
The ASUS G series are pretty solid. I picked up a G74JH when they first came out and it ran like a champ.

Dookiefart

The ASUS G series are pretty solid. I picked up a G74JH when they first came out and it ran like a champ.

Yeah I have just a regular Asus k53z and it even came equipped for gaming.. Just without the hardware lol. the ability to overclock, etc etc..

But the MSI seem's like a solid deal and a clean body too. But I dont get the not coming with a camera thing..

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I hate to say but I got mine through Cyberpowerpc.com, and despite the fact that the folks who work there especially "Steve" are fucking douchebags, they make a decent custom laptop at about 75% the price of most other places.

Dookiefart

I hate to say but I got mine through Cyberpowerpc.com, and despite the fact that the folks who work there especially "Steve" are fucking douchebags, they make a decent custom laptop at about 75% the price of most other places.

Thanks, and Can I see some pics of yalls rigs? That would be sweet. I would build a PC but I honestly don't have room for that shit in my apartment..

Dookiefart

Anyone have experience with MSI? and weapons free, how does it run games? what games with what settings please!!?

crimsonsin_sl

shitlord
Asus all the way, I've had several friends with MSI gaming rigs that have almost caught fire due to such poor airflow design. Both of my ROG series rigs perform awesome and stay very very cool under load.

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
I don't have a laptop but I can vouch for cyberpowerpc. Do agree that the sales people could be better but the finished product is great.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Asus G73 is still going strong 3 years later... plays Bioshock Infinite on full settings pretty well @ 1920 x 1080, only problem I've ever had with it was some issues with Skyrim when that first came out (kept overheating I think).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
My Asus G73 is still going strong 3 years later... plays Bioshock Infinite on full settings pretty well @ 1920 x 1080, only problem I've ever had with it was some issues with Skyrim when that first came out (kept overheating I think).
Be sure to buy a good notebook cooler along with a laptop gaming pc. They drastically improve heat issues. For me it was a case of the computer crashing with nearly every game, to not crashing at all after I got a cooler. Granted, they take a way a lot of the mobility that comes from a laptop, but if you are using a laptop as a main computer in an apartment, my guess it is lying stationary with the screen closed and a hdmi cable to a TV with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Not buying a cooler for a gaming laptop seems to me to be similar to buying a gaming stationary pc with no fans in it. It will probably work, but with guaranteed issues at high load.

Also, lol at the Alienware laptop with such a reflective screen that it mirrors the overly excessive lighting on the keyboard.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Be sure to buy a good notebook cooler along with a laptop gaming pc. They drastically improve heat issues. For me it was a case of the computer crashing with nearly every game, to not crashing at all after I got a cooler. Granted, they take a way a lot of the mobility that comes from a laptop, but if you are using a laptop as a main computer in an apartment, my guess it is lying stationary with the screen closed and a hdmi cable to a TV with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Not buying a cooler for a gaming laptop seems to me to be similar to buying a gaming stationary pc with no fans in it. It will probably work, but with guaranteed issues at high load.

Also, lol at the Alienware laptop with such a reflective screen that it mirrors the overly excessive lighting on the keyboard.
Yeah, two things here. What this guy said. Definitely get cooling. I even use one of those "lap tables". I call it that because I can't remember the fucking name. But it keeps the laptop cool and off your legs. The good ones are definitely worth it.

And I agree about Alienware. Even their backlights are too bright. My personal taste is to be as unobtrusive as possible. Plus I use my gaming laptop for work, at work. So I don't want a big glowing sign that says "Steal me!".