Fucking gaming laptops!?!

Vinen

God is dead
ASUS all the way and Alienware is ugly as shit and over priced
Great-power.jpg
Not if you consider size its not.

You try carrying around a 17inch Asus. It fucking sucks- Mine has turned more or less into a desktop.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

You try carrying around a 17inch Asus. It fucking sucks- Mine has turned more or less into a desktop.
There is a big difference between "laptop" and "portable". I don't even see them as laptops anymore if they're desktop replacements. It's just not the same thing. No one's expecting anyone to lug around a 17"-18" Alienware or whatever, they're just too heavy to be effectively mobile on a day-to-day basis.

Not sure about OP, but I bought a desktop replacement because I was tired of building gaming boxes and had the money to spare, plus I used to go to LAN parties a lot more than I do now.

Either way, his budget is 1300-1400. I still say ASUS all the way.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You try carrying around a 17inch Asus. It fucking suckthen get the 15"s- Mine has turned more or nless into a desktop.
Then get the 15 " wtf? If you want a portable gaming system that can run what ever you want you have to quit being a pussy. And yes i do have to lug around desktop replacements and its not an issue for me at all. Didnt realize moving around 8-10 lb bag was so difficult for some people, holy fuck. How do some of you move groceries when you go shopping

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh I forgot to mention, I've been banging around a 400 dollar asus laptop I picked up about a year and a half ago.. Still kickin ass.. Now you know why I want the gaming laptop lol.. I should have clarified this wasn't for everyday travel. It was for a mobilish Desktop replacement.. So I do want the 17" screen..

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wound up getting MSI GT70 2OC-065US

17.3"
3.2ghz
1tb 7200
8gb up to 32 ram ddr3
3gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX770M

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I carry my Asus G73 everywhere I go.. must be a bunch of pussies in this thread that don't even lift.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sager Notebooksare nice and less overpriced than Alienware. They are fairly configurable as well, so you can upgrade certain items instead of having to choose from pre-fab models like Asus.

Also, at least on the model I got, you could choose to get either a glossy or matte screen. Which is nice if you strongly prefer one or the other.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will never buy a laptop to play games on again. You can only spend so much time gaming on one before the keyboard starts to get too hot from the gpu. even with a fan blowing on the computer it still sucks.

Homsar

Like posted over and over on this forum asus g series dont get hot and sucks the air throught the keyboard and has incredible cooling

Max_sl

shitlord
Got a Lenovo Y580 and I like it. Slim and powerful. I also put in a Samsung 840 pro 240Gig SSD in it. Runs all games (WoT, EvE, COH2) on high settings at 1920x1080 res. So far it has been a great laptop.

If I were to pick between a Asus or MSI... I would go with Asus

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Sager Notebooksare nice and less overpriced than Alienware. They are fairly configurable as well, so you can upgrade certain items instead of having to choose from pre-fab models like Asus.

Also, at least on the model I got, you could choose to get either a glossy or matte screen. Which is nice if you strongly prefer one or the other.
Bought a Sager for around $1200 two years ago. Took it to Afghanistan (not optimal conditions for a gaming laptop). Never had any issues. It is still my main gaming rig still and it plays what I want it to play. I've recommended Sager to two other buddies and both of them are very pleased.

Homsar

People do know that sager is a one of many retailers that put there logo on a Clevo shell and sell it, it's what alienware was doing until dell bought them out