Fun Ass Indie Games for < AAA

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting my vote for Dead Cells. They keep coming with updates. I've never felt cheated on a death in that game. It truly rewards playing at a top skill level without being super twitchy.

Also Binding of Isaac is S tier obviously. Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight are amazing and I've heard good things about the new Rogue Legacy 2 expac

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there no thread for this game anywhere?

This was excellent, as good as Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge 1, possibly better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think we talked about it in the Metroidvania thread maybe? It was definitely really good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their next game (same universe, but TBRPG) Sea of Stars looks like it'll be great too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hate the fact that I can't use my PS5 controller on Xbox Game Pass for Windows without using DS4Windows.

Siliconemelons

Is there no thread for this game anywhere?

This was excellent, as good as Shovel Knight or Axiom Verge 1, possibly better.

it’s also in the Sea of Stars universe world whatever and that is a good indi game even if I hated the ending

also, its older and gets passed by but Blossom Tale is a great Zelda clone and very well done

Siliconemelons

Bump to see if there are any good “””””classic”””” RPGs out there like NES SNES FF style in the land of indi games

spronk

FPS noob
i 100%'d sea of stars and really enjoyed it, i never played old classic RPGs other than wizardry/ultima but its supposed to be similar vibe to chrono cross etc. a friend who likes those kind of games also liked the octopath games

another fun ass indie game i've really been enjoying is dave the diver. dave's a fat dude who just wants to scuba dive and fish but gets roped into doing shit by everyone around him, feels very meta