Tenjikuronin

enhanced-24946-1411420755-21.jpg

tumblr_mc7ygi4DH11rbg7rdo1_500.jpg

10686985_10152467154959998_3194383439501417745_n.jpg

Taloo_sl

shitlord
UPDATE: Walmart shooting case in Beavercreek, OH: no indictments

No indictments in Walmart shooting | Dayton, Oh News | www.whio.com
I don't know if the guys screams or the officers oh god was worse. That's fucking awful. They tell him to put it down while he is swinging it back and forth he sees them, turns towards them, freaks, and they fire. Based on what they knew and saw they were right. Almost be better if they had gunned him down without cause. That's just a tragedy brought about by some unfortunate decisions and a 911 caller tweaking out on adrenaline. It's fucking shameful anyone could watch that video and see anything but an unfortunate tragedy that could have been prevented. But not by those two officers.

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
I don't know if the guys screams or the officers oh god was worse. That's fucking awful. They tell him to put it down while he is swinging it back and forth he sees them, turns towards them, freaks, and they fire. Based on what they knew and saw they were right. Almost be better if they had gunned him down without cause. That's just a tragedy brought about by some unfortunate decisions and a 911 caller tweaking out on adrenaline. It's fucking shameful anyone could watch that video and see anything but an unfortunate tragedy that could have been prevented. But not by those two officers.
Agree with your breakdown of what happened, but I think they also should have tased him. Cops love tasering people -- why not do it while his back was still turned? Still a shitty situation, but harm-reduction doesn't belong just in drugs policy. Cops have the mentality of shooting rather than risk their own safety, and that's a dangerous inversion of the police paradigm. People who take jobs which put their lives at risk, to help society, should get paid more but also be the ones taking the risk.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
The 911 caller wasn't "freaking out" one bit. It was a calm, collected account of exactly what was happening. Half of this is the stores fault for having air rifles just lying around. The other half is on the guy for waving a fucking air rifle around a store at people. Tragedy? maybe...but this guy already was involved in armed robbery to some extent the previous year, it was just a matter of time.

rrr_img_76834.jpg

Jovec

?
It was a calm, collected account of exactly what was happening.
Only if you think "wavering the gun around" and "pointing it at kids" means pointing it at the ground and carrying on one shoulder like a halberd. Bad situation, stupid suspect, justified shoot, but I doubt anyone would accurately describe the suspects actions based on listening to the audio alone. The first 10 seconds or so of the 5+ minute call appear to be the only time the suspect held gun in anything close to a traditional firing position.