<Bronze Donator>
01q7edbvoeg51.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IMG_1467.JPG

Some war heroes. Very cool statue I found in the Les Invalides.

IMG_1471.JPG

I believe this tank was from World War One, possibly interwar era. Only tank I saw in the Les Invalides. They also had reproduction breastplates from the Napoleonic Wars in the gift shop. Couple hundred euro. I wanted to buy one but my girlfriend made the startling accurate point that it wouldn't fit in my bag.

IMG_1637.JPG

We really don't build like we used to in the 19th century. Look at this statue and tell me what we make now is more beautiful. This is a detailed look at one of the pillars of the Arc de Triomph. Napoleon commissioned it to feature very Roman style statues, but instead of glorifying the Romans he glorified his own people; the Gauls.
IMG_1633.JPG

Can you imagine going to war with nothing but a pair of boots, a helmet and a sword? This lad's got his trouser snake hanging out and he's ready to defend France. More of a man than I am, tell you the truth.

• 18Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 19 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
View attachment 301111

I believe this tank was from World War One, possibly interwar era. Only tank I saw in the Les Invalides. They also had reproduction breastplates from the Napoleonic Wars in the gift shop. Couple hundred euro. I wanted to buy one but my girlfriend made the startling accurate point that it wouldn't fit in my bag.

Renault FT. Introduced in 1918 and used through WWII...not because they wanted to, believe me. Imagine sitting in that and getting rolled up on by a Tiger I. The Tiger 1, by the way, was 50 tons heavier than the FT.

e3e.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IMG_1082.JPG

That tank made me think of something that I saw in Dubrovnik, Croatia last summer. Right by the harbor there was this big steel leviathan. Apparently it was an armored car used during the Croatian-Serbian War. I would highly recommend anyone who is an amateur military historian to visit Croatia. You can walk down the street and see bullet holes and RPG blast craters. You can find little exhibits like this one (you can see bullet holes in the vehicle in this picture) in a lot of public parks. I met people, casual as you do, who had fought in the war or had been forcibly relocated or had heard enemy fighter jets screaming over their heads.

Can you imagine? It certainly seemed far more real than World War Two ever has, and I've lived in Germany and Poland. Nothing quite like going to the place and talking to the people who experienced it.

IMG_1135.JPG

If you don't know, Dubrovnik sits at the bottom of a cliff on a tiny sliver of land between the rocks and the sea. At the top of the cliff is a stone fort built by the French during the time of Napoleon. It is in this fort that the Croats held off Serbian infantry backed up by tanks. The pic above is of the doorway that leads from the interior of the fort onto the roof. Bullet holes can clearly be seen.

IMG_1164.JPG

Impact upon the fort's stone wall. I suspect from an RPG. The fort is now a military museum that is incredibly cheap to get into. You can walk up the cliff, which I don't recommend, or take a funicular. The museum is filled with memorabilia that belonged to the handful of men who held the fort during the war.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IMG_1147.JPG

Dubrovnik (also known as Ragusa) from the parapet of the fort. You can see the switchbacks that you would have to climb.

City is super interesting, but filled with dumb-fuck tourists (like myself) who go there to take photos of where they filmed Game of Thrones. Saw a lot of dwarves, though. More than I had seen anywhere else in my life. All of them dressed like Tyrion Lannister.

• 13Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For a guy that surrounded himself with black folks, and invested millions into black neighborhoods around NY just as 2 examples, he sure is a huge racist. I have dozens more great pics of him being a total racist, even trying to #hugthemall
View attachment 301099
Dude was literally convicted of racism, twice, by the federal government.
1599715470629.png

• 4Worf
  • 4Moron
  • 2Faggotry

Rude

Potato del Grande
Dude was literally convicted of racism, twice, by the federal government. View attachment 301132
Nice, and on that same note of hyperbole, Joe Biden has literally been against integration of blacks into society until less than 15 years ago. Kamala Harris, being a descendant of the slave owning class, has made a career out of enslaving blacks in the US prison system.

qxyqrehlzbmwkvhnefwq.jpg

44vm7v.jpg

So we "literally" have a dude convicted of housing racism by the government vs two dudes in the government enslaving blacks with the might of the same government for decades. Good work Fyff Fyff , excellent deduction skills there. Don't throw your back out when you're mopping floors at work later today.

• 7Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Dude was literally convicted of racism, twice, by the federal government. View attachment 301132
Hate to break it to you, but only a federal court can convict a person, and convictions only happen when crimes are committed...so what crime was committed? The specific crime of racism? What statute in Title 18 of the US code is that?
E6FBFAE1-5769-4335-80E4-556DA8209602.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 9 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There may be a reason the USA is having trouble with getting things under control .....
There may also be a reason that America is the world's premiere superpower and #1 destination for people fleeing tyranny and seeking opportunity worldwide.

EeN1rBmXoAAo0Yz.jpg

download (5).jpeg

4660ade73489a4f6ad045c60a6d715ee.jpg

270154-The-American-Patriot-.jpg

mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

• 4Like
  • 3Bullshit
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users